No announcement yet.

Jason Peters to the Eagles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm pretty pumped. We gave up our second first rounder, which sucks, but as someone said, we aren't going to get anyone better with the pick, so I'm happy about it. And we only give up a second day pick this year (a 4th I think) and a second day pick next year (probably a 5th or 4th). Once we get him his contract, this will be a monster OL. I'm very excited about this, and it is just another piece of evidence that might, key word, show that our offense is now willing to devote a little more time to the run. With our increased size in line, addition of a real FB, who also is a short yardage option to run, and a few other moves, this gives us Eagles fans hope that we will actually have a semi-balanced attack next year. Now all we need is that second RB...
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

I personally think this trade is pretty fair. We gave up a first, but get back a solid to elite LT. The cost seems about even to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
        I think this is great for both teams.

11. Aaron Maybin ???

28. Alex Mack

I am guessing that right about now.
        We're going to need a tackle in the worst way.
        Our reserve tackles are also our starting guards. Walker and Butler (the returning pieces) might have to do some shifting.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
          We're going to need a tackle in the worst way.
          Our reserve tackles are also our starting guards. Walker and Butler (the returning pieces) might have to do some shifting.
          Trade your two first rounders for #3 and draft Monroe.

Comment

They could stay put and take Oher.

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
              Trade your two first rounders for #3 and draft Monroe.
              However, the Bills have major needs at LT, C, DE, TE, and probably something else I'm missing. They've put themselves in a good position to take care of those needs.

Comment

i hate how people say Peters is a bad player just cuz he had a bad year last year.
                so if Matt Ryan has an off year this year then hes bad?

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
                  i hate how people say Peters is a bad player just cuz he had a bad year last year.
                  so if Matt Ryan has an off year this year then hes bad?
                  actually yes :D
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                    actually yes :D
                    lameeeeeeeeeeeee

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
                      lameeeeeeeeeeeee
                      i kid Matty ice for life!
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Oher won't be there at 11, SF wants him. I think 4 OTs going in the top 10 means the Bills' OLine will be SOL.

And what's more is that having the 28th pick instead of the 21st means that they won't be able to get Pettigrew unless they spend the 11th pick on him or make a trade.

Comment

The longer I think about this trade, the more I like it...

Comment

Now we just need to draft Knowshon Moreno so we can focus on running the ball, because with Peters and Stacy Andrews at tackle, they'll be built to run the ball, they aren't the best pass protectors in the league.

Who am I kidding, Reid would still pass the ball 75% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                              Now we just need to draft Knowshon Moreno so we can focus on running the ball, because with Peters and Stacy Andrews at tackle, they'll be built to run the ball, they aren't the best pass protectors in the league.

Who am I kidding, Reid would still pass the ball 75% of the time.
                              Well maybe now we can approach a 60-40 pass-run ratio. I really think with the addition of Weaver this will allow us to run more. There is evidence the team has been trying to devote more time to running over the last few years, they just haven't had the best of luck with the guys they've chosen to help get that going.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                                Well maybe now we can approach a 60-40 pass-run ratio. I really think with the addition of Weaver this will allow us to run more. There is evidence the team has been trying to devote more time to running over the last few years, they just haven't had the best of luck with the guys they've chosen to help get that going.
                                Peters is a huuuge upgrade over Thomas in the run game, but he may be just as much of a downgrade in the pass game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information