No announcement yet.

The Ultimate All-Time NFL Mock Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd take Manning over Elway without a second thought.
    Originally posted by SNIPER26
    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
      Except for that whole fact that longevity counts, so the total stats should as well.
      Sure it does. But as an example, say one guy played 5 seasons longer than another guy. The player with the shorter career was great every season he played. The guy with the longer career was great up until those last 5 seasons, when he was garbage and just couldn't give up the game. Now because of those last 5 seasons he ended up with higher counting stats. Would that make him a better player? I really don't think so.

And let me point out right now that I'm not saying this is the case with Winslow and Gonzalez. It's just an example of how counting stats can be skewed.

Originally posted by Jakey
      WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Forum posters on nfl.com need to learn to actually read the article before making themselves look dumb. eg) asking why Rice and Marino only went 16th and 27th and complaining Favre and Brady are not in the Top 32.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
          I'd take Manning over Elway without a second thought.
          How many Super Bowls has Manning taken the Colts to again?
          At this age, Elway had been to 3 already with nothing on offense around him.

Oh, and Gonzalez didn't really put TE's on the map. Winslow, Newsome and Sharpe did that IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
            How many Super Bowls has Manning taken the Colts to again?
            At this age, Elway had been to 3 already with nothing on offense around him.

Oh, and Gonzalez didn't really put TE's on the map. Winslow, Newsome and Sharpe did that IMO.
            Peyton Manning has never had a defense. That argument can work both ways.

Comment

ray guy.

nuff said.
              http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
              For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by AJHawk50 View Post
                Tony Gonzalez is a beast and a respectable leader. I don't think you can say the same about Winslow.
                You do realize this is the older Kellen Winslow, right?

He was definitely a leader. He lost 10+ lbs that game and still blocked the kick to win the game.
                I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AJHawk50 View Post
                  Tony Gonzalez is a beast and a respectable leader. I don't think you can say the same about Winslow.
                  oh yeah, Winslow is a f***** solider, bet you can't say the same about Gonzo.

Comment

Wait, people actually thought that was the now Kellen Winslow and not the old Charger great?

Comment

Wait, people actually thought that was the now Kellen Winslow and not the old Charger great?
                      Tony G Vs. Kellen Winslow Sr. is a good debate. vs Kellen Winslow Jr its no debate. Winslow Jr is a great player but Tony G also is great and has a strong body of work to reference.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

I'm really hoping the answer is no, otherwise what are they doing on a football forum?

Originally posted by Jakey
                        WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

32. Drew Brees - 2001
                          Also receiving votes: Don Meredith, Chicago Bears, 1960; Bob St. Clair, San Francisco 49ers, 1953.
                          Seriously? Don Meredith was selected by the Cowboys.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            Seriously? Don Meredith was selected by the Cowboys.

Meredith was drafted by Chicago just like Eli Manning was drafted by San Diego. He was then traded to Dallas for future draft picks though I'm not sure if it was on the day of the draft like the Manning/Rivers deal or if it was before the start of preseason.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/MereDo00.htm

Comment

Originally posted by boknows34 View Post
                              Meredith was drafted by Chicago just like Eli Manning was drafted by San Diego. He was then traded to Dallas for future draft picks though I'm not sure if it was on the day of the draft like the Manning/Rivers deal or if it was before the start of preseason.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/MereDo00.htm
                              In the words of Terrance, "well, **** my ass and call me a *****." I was wrong. I was not aware.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information