Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Chiefs going to be the Dolphins of 2009?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think KC and GB will be the ones who are able to turn it around.

I really have no idea what the hell was wrong with the Packers last year but I don't think they will be that bad again this year, as for KC second place in that division is up for grabs and I think Pioli can draft some quality players to help them immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
      Detroit? After a draft? More like 2 or 3 more drafts, other than LB, and WR, that team is pretty much in shambles.
      Sounds like Atlanta last year ;) The team has a great young DE, corners aren't too bad, safeties are okay. A stud RT, Backus would be a solid guard. They have a solid young RB, Grady Jackson is a big body in the middle. I could see it with 5 picks in the top 100. We will see though.

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
        I really have no idea what the hell was wrong with the Packers last year.
        Their defense sucks. It's basically Aaron Kampman and Charles Woodson (and sometimes Nick Collins). Yes, there are other players that you can bring up (and I'm sure Packers fans will), but the only two players last year that were consistantly good on their defense were those two. They were bad in almost every imaginable category except creating turnovers.

That said, I can envision a turnaround this year. They managed to shoot themselves in the foot a lot last year, and there is a lot of talent on the team.

Here's a stat that basically sums up the Packers last year.

Teams attempted 23 plays on 4th down. Of those 23, they converted 17 times. That's so bad it might be a record.

As for the Lions? I'd be stunned if they win more than 6 games last year. Almost every single thing about that team sucks.
        Last edited by bearsfan_51; 04-19-2009, 02:17 PM.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          Yes, there are other players that you can bring up (and I'm sure Packers fans will), but the only two players last year that were consistantly good on their defense were those two.
          Cullen Jenkins :(

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
            Denver will be the Dolphins of 2009. The 2007 Dolphins of 2009.
            Don't hate on us...I'm still completelyabroncosfan

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
            Originally posted by BaLLiN72
            i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
            Originally posted by Job
            NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
              Sounds like Atlanta last year ;) The team has a great young DE, corners aren't too bad, safeties are okay. A stud RT, Backus would be a solid guard. They have a solid young RB, Grady Jackson is a big body in the middle. I could see it with 5 picks in the top 100. We will see though.
              I would never go so far as to say the Lions could be like the Dolphins of last year.

However, if you watched every Lions game last year (and if you're not a Lions fan why would you), you would know that the total failure of the defense has an awful lot to do with the way it was coached and called. Every single play featured the Lions' linebackers and CB's sprinting backwards from the LOS on the snap, and dropping into 5-10 yard zones or deeper. Outside runs and short passes were simply given away on virtually every snap. Combine that with a MLB and SLB who couldn't tackle, and you understand why they never stopped anything.

I have no idea if Schwartz and Gunther's defense will get better results but I do know they will be more aggressive, and if they can land a real MLB who can tackle, they have a chance to at least be in the lower half of the league instead of being the second-worst defense in league history.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                The Chiefs have way to many wholes on D to fix in one off season and as much as I like Cassel he is still a question mark till he proves other wise.
                Thank you for the reality check,...some people seem to be forgetting about defensive holes. And where did the OP's rumor of Q to the Chiefs come from? That would cost the chiefs dearly in picks and would set their defense even further back.

i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                Originally posted by Job

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                  Don't hate on us...I'm still completelyabroncosfan
                  I am realisticbroncosfan ;)

I don't think we'll be 1-15 bad, more like 5-11 bad.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

In that sorry excuse of a division, the Chiefs can definitely contend for 1st place.
                    Originally posted by Paul
                    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

I could see the Raiders if Jeff Garcia starts for them. Could see them in a situation like the Dolphins last year, except in a weaker division. QB who doesn't turn the ball over and manage the game. Strong running game with Run DMC and Michael Bush. Under-rated defense. Just depends if their rookie class contributes as much as Miami's did, with OL and DL help.
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I'm calling it right now: The Lions WILL be the story of the NFL and go 6-10 next year! :D
                        I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
                          I am realisticbroncosfan ;)

I don't think we'll be 1-15 bad, more like 5-11 bad.
                          ehhh...5-11. That's not that bad. Enough to get Eric Berry, that'd be pretty awesome.

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            The Chiefs may have a difficult schedule but their division is ****. All it takes is another underacheiving season from the Chargers and you could have another 8-8 team in the playoffs.

That said, don't make a thread and then not even back it up with an argument.
                            I think Cassel will be even better than he was last year. When people talk about him, they act like what he did with the pats was his ceiling. This guy is a Brady clone and works his tail off and prepares harder than anyone. He will get better: people forget, he was effectively a rookie last year.

My faith in the chiefs is based on my faith in Cassel, obviously they have a tough schedule but the difference between Wins and Losses in the NFL is when you have a poised, confident quarterback who can get you that crucial 3rd down conversion in the 4th quarter, and cassel can do that. So many NFL games are decided by one crucial play at the end of the game. The NFL has more parity than you think and the Chiefs will be able to compete with the likes of Baltimore, SD, and similar Sub-Elite teams. They might lay some eggs along the way but I think 8-8 is definitely a reasonable goal, and that might be enough to win the AFC west.

They're gonna be able to get a Franchise LT at #3, and paired with Brandon Albert, Gonzo, Bowe, and LJ (assuming he gets his head on straight), even without Boldin, that offense is gonna click.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with #3, unless someteam falls in love with Sanchez and doesn't think he'll make it past 4, I don't see them being able to trade that pick. I think they have to go OT because of the contract size for a #3, which I think will be a good value/need pick for the chiefs.
                            Last edited by cdf_2108; 04-19-2009, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Hmmmm i dont know if they will they have a ton of holes in the D especially if they are going to a 3-4. Also depends on the offense will pan out will the line improve and will b with their running game? LJ? I can see them improving but i doubt they will be another Dolphins mainly due to Mr Parcells isnt on the chiefs.

Comment

With the Chiefs having probably one of the toughest schedules in the NFL I have a hard time seeing it. Keep in mind the Dolphins of last year had one of the softest, so in that regard it is really hard to see. The draft will also tell a lot more of the story though.
                                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information