Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Chiefs going to be the Dolphins of 2009?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Chiefs going to be the Dolphins of 2009?

Nuff said. If they can reunite Boldin with Todd Haley, that offense could be scary...

I would very much doubt it. They play the NFC East and the AFC North, two very strong divisions. Their first 7 weeks are @ Bal, vs Oak, @ Phi, vs NYG, vs Dal, @ Was, vs SD. Now obviously anything can happen in the NFL but with that start, depending on the Oakland game they could legitimately be 0 and 7 at the bye. Miami had a few good things in their favour last year, most notably an easy schedule. In the AFC West next year only San Diego have the quality IMO to be close to 500 outside the division and will therefore be the only representatives of the AFC West in the playoffs.
    Last edited by AntoinCD; 04-19-2009, 01:22 PM.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Let's wait until after the draft. For me, I will consider them, Detroit, and Seattle as strong possibilities to turn it all around.

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Denver will be the Dolphins of 2009. The 2007 Dolphins of 2009.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
          Let's wait until after the draft. For me, I will consider them, Detroit, and Seattle as strong possibilities to turn it all around.
          Detroit? After a draft? More like 2 or 3 more drafts, other than LB, and WR, that team is pretty much in shambles.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

i think the Seahawks have the best chance to turn it around

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
              Detroit? After a draft? More like 2 or 3 more drafts, other than LB, and WR, that team is pretty much in shambles.
              They really aren't even that bad. They had a bunch of a second-half leads last year. It's not like they got blown out every week. Last year was also probably a snowball effect... They kept losing, kept losing confidence, and football is a game of momentum and all the Lions momentum was going backwards all season.

Now they've got some new players, and more importantly, a fresh start. 0-0. That's huge for their psyche as a team. CJ and K. Smith are a year wiser, the OL and defense has some re-enforcements coming in via the draft and Culpepper isn't the worst QB in the world...

In this NFL, it really wouldn't surprise me that much to see Detroit with a winning record.
              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

I would agree that the Seahawks have the best shot of turning it around next year. I mean they lost Hasselbeck for a good time and had absolutely no WRs. Now Matt should be back healthy next year, they got Housh and the #4 pick in the draft, plus if Boldin goes then the weakest division in the NFL just got weaker.

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                  They really aren't even that bad. They had a bunch of a second-half leads last year. It's not like they got blown out every week. Last year was also probably a snowball effect... They kept losing, kept losing confidence, and football is a game of momentum and all the Lions momentum was going backwards all season.

Now they've got some new players, and more importantly, a fresh start. 0-0. That's huge for their psyche as a team. CJ and K. Smith are a year wiser, the OL and defense has some re-enforcements coming in via the draft and Culpepper isn't the worst QB in the world...

In this NFL, it really wouldn't surprise me that much to see Detroit with a winning record.
                  I just don't see a position where there decent at, I mean the O-line is terrible, other than CJ the Wide Outs aren't really good, Kevin Smith was pretty good last year but the jury is still out on him, the Lions do not know what a TE is there best TE is like Dan Campbell I think... is Matt Stafford going to start day one? or are they going to be run by Daunte for a bit, now thats the offense with question marks everywhere. The defense, has DeWayne White who is a best an average LE, and Cliff Avril who was a pretty effective pass rusher last year, Cory Redding is gone and he was a non-factor last year anyway now they're even worse at DT, LB is pretty decent Julian Peterson is a very good SAM, Ernie Simms has shown he could be a very good WILL, I guess 3rd round pick Jordon Dizon will take over at MIKE, they improved CB in FA a bit but it's still not great, and their safeties are just terrible. I think they need a few more years, this isn't the Falcons or the Dolphins who were pretty solid at a bunch of places.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

I think the Seahawks should be excluded from the talk of "turning it around" because they were just messed up by injuries last year, not lack of talent or good football players.

Comment

Dizon was their secound rounder last year and it just seems that he couldn't cut it. They have a few bright sparks. Obviously CJ, Sims and Peterson should make whoever the MIKE is look better, Avril is a nice pass rusher but ineffective against the run, Cherilus looked good at times last year and Smith could be effective if given a line. They do have some players to start feeling slightly optimistic, however they are still the least talented team as a whole, hence why they went 0-16. It will take at least two drafts(hoping that they have no high pick busts) for them to even challenge for playoffs though

Comment

We (the Chiefs) made the right moves in the offseason but as someone said our schedule is brutal. As far as overall talent goes I think we're definitely heading in the right direction (the last few drafts and I'm trusting Pioli to do his thing this Saturday) but I can't see us having that kind of season.

Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Seahawks, Packers, and Jaguars will be back. Chiefs' schedule will be rough, plus they'll be bare on defense. Should be at least a little above average offensively, even if the QB was Thigpen instead of Cassel.

Comment

The Chiefs may have a difficult schedule but their division is ****. All it takes is another underacheiving season from the Chargers and you could have another 8-8 team in the playoffs.

That said, don't make a thread and then not even back it up with an argument.
                            Last edited by bearsfan_51; 04-19-2009, 01:54 PM.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

The Chiefs have way to many wholes on D to fix in one off season and as much as I like Cassel he is still a question mark till he proves other wise.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information