Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The NFC West, Once Laughing Stock of the NFL...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cdf_2108 View Post
    The bears will be lucky to score 3 TDs against the broncos.
    Huh, that's funny because we averaged 23.4 points per game last year with Kyle Orton as our QB and John St. Clair as our LT.

Better luck next time champ.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

The NFC West will still be one of the worst divisions in football.

It's also hard to project two years ahead in the NFL (much less one). Yes, talent does develop but talent also fails to develop. NFC West teams will continue to get top 10-15 picks so eventually I would hope they will emerge.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        I think the Niners are one of the worst run organizations in the NFL. I've believed that for years. I believed that a few years ago when they signed Nate Clements and drafted Vernon Davis, I believed it when I said Mike Nolan would be fired and everyone said I was crazy, I believe it now when I say they have HUGE issues at very important positions, and Mike Singletary is being massively overrated as both a talent evaluator and a head coach.

At some point I'm sure all the high picks will help turn them around, but it's a pretty lousy organization.
        How many years? Because badly run organizations don't earn five Lombardi trophies or consistent trips to the post season. If you meant since circa 2000 you may have a point. But before that no.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
          How many years? Because badly run organizations don't earn five Lombardi trophies or consistent trips to the post season. If you meant since circa 2000 you may have a point. But before that no.
          Now honestly, what did you think I meant?

John York took over the 49'ers in 1999. Since then they have been had 8 losing seasons out of 10 and have been through 4 head coaches. That's a trend.

Considering the people that built the Superbowl teams are either long gone or dead, I'd say it's pretty irrelevant at this point. But I do think it speaks to the expectations among some that every year is going to be the year the Niners come back.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            Huh, that's funny because we averaged 23.4 points per game last year with Kyle Orton as our QB and John St. Clair as our LT.

Better luck next time champ.
            Bad statistic to give because 23.4 points doesn't mean 3 TD, and it also doesn't mean 3 offesnive TD (only time bears can win is when defense/special teams score all their points).

Give me the average offensive TD statistic of the bears last year, and then we'll talk.

Orlando Pace at 33 might not be that much of an improvement and all those redzone interceptions cutler throws as well as the bears failure to reload on offensive players beside culter (and one pick in the 1st 100 isn't promising) might make it tough for you to get 3 offensive TDs per game.

We'll see
            Last edited by cdf_2108; 04-19-2009, 10:20 PM.

Comment

NFC North is still a better division as is the east and south, not necessarily a "laughing stock" but still pretty poor.

Comment

Originally posted by cdf_2108 View Post
                Bad statistic to give because 23.4 points doesn't mean 3 TD, and it also doesn't mean 3 offesnive TD (only time bears can win is when defense/special teams score all their points).

Give me the average offensive TD statistic of the bears last year, and then we'll talk.
                1. You never said offensive TDs

2. Obviously if they averaged 23.4 they are capable of scoring 3 TDs. That's just an average too. Against a ****** Denver defense and now with a decent QB they could easily score three TDs.

God damn, if you're going to argue don't suck at it.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post

2. Obviously if they averaged 23.4 they are capable of scoring 3 TDs. That's just an average too. Against a ****** Denver defense and now with a decent QB they could easily score three TDs.

Haha, lol, too funny.

Only here will you find a Packer fan defneding the Bears!!!!ZOMGZ
                  Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

It seems like it is a trend for divisions to rise and fall throughout the years...it wasn't too long ago that the NFC South blew, and look at them last year. The same can be said about the AFC West, although it was the earlier part of the decade when they had multiple contenders. I'm sure both the AFC and NFC West will find their ways back to respectability, but there's no way of telling how long it will take.

All of this talk about "my team can beat your team" by throwing out statistics from last year is stupid. You need to look at how one team's personnel matches up against the other. The Bears would most likely kill the Broncos at this point, because they have a capable QB and a good running game, along with an above average defense. The Broncos have none of those. I don't like saying this, but the Packers could probably show most of the AFC West the business, only facing resistance from the Chargers. I say this because San Diego is the only team with enough of a pass rush to get to Rodgers, and their offense is much better than Green Bay's defense.

Comment

Originally posted by LookItsAlDavis View Post
                      I'm sure both the AFC and NFC West will find their ways back to respectability, but there's no way of telling how long it will take.
                      we were in the ******* superbowl

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                        we were in the ******* superbowl
                        I didn't say Cardinals...I said NFC West. Your team was good last year, but the rest of your division sucks ass, if you can't already tell.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post

Not really, if you average less than 24 points in a game odds are against a team scoring, on average, 3 TD.

Especially one with the redzone skills of the bears and their proclivity to kick field goals.

The most likely scoring distribution is probably 2 TD, 2 FG. And once again, that doesn't discriminate between types of touchdowns (offensive, defensive, special teams).

Why so angry? Oh I know why... you're a packers fan.
                          Last edited by cdf_2108; 04-19-2009, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LookItsAlDavis View Post
                            I didn't say Cardinals...I said NFC West. Your team was good last year, but the rest of your division sucks ass, if you can't already tell.
                            Cardinals > NFC
                            Cardinals = NFC West
                            NFC West > NFC

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                              Cardinals > NFC
                              Cardinals = NFC West
                              NFC West > NFC
                              Judging by the 6-0 record, not so much, lol

Edit: apparently the equals sign just gets wider when you bold it... Bolding the entire line...
                              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Not really, if you average less than 24 points in a game, odds are heavily against a team scoring, on average, 3 TD as the only way to get 23 points with 3 TD is with a safety.
                                Of course scoring 23 a game implies that a team has had 5 drives that got them into a scoring position, which is pretty damn solid, another reason that Orton is underrated. When you consider they had no redzone target last year(they still have none but there is still hope) that is pretty solid. It is not entirely unreasonable to think that a stronger armed QB and the further development of their young WRs and RBs could lead to maybe one more TD, which is 27 a game, which is good and they also have a solid defense.

Aaron rodgers may be better than Jamarcus now, but you can't argue against Jamarcus' potential.
                                Cant argue the potential his arm strength provides. Can certainly argue the apparent lack of intelligence, clear lack of work ethic and the questionable accuracy. I didn't like him before the draft for all those reasons and he has done nothing to clear those problems I had. He may yet become a good player but as yet he has shown nothing to suggest he has more potential than Rodgers, who has flashed Franchise QB potential.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information