Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The NFC West, Once Laughing Stock of the NFL...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
    Cardinals > NFC
    Cardinals = NFC West
    NFC West > NFC
    that's a pretty weak argument given that divisional strength requires a high level of competition amongst all teams

when the patriots were running the afc east like it was their job, i would've never said AFC east > AFC, just Patriots > AFC

Comment

Originally posted by cdf_2108 View Post
      Not really, if you average less than 24 points in a game odds are against a team scoring, on average, 3 TD.

Especially one with the redzone skills of the bears and their proclivity to kick field goals.

The most likely scoring distribution is probably 2 TD, 2 FG. And once again, that doesn't discriminate between types of touchdowns (offensive, defensive, special teams).

Why so angry? Oh I know why... you're a packers fan.
      Adn that was before the major upgrade at the msot vital position in Football. That, and when you factor in the Broncos lack of defense (may as well only have 8 guys out there) the Bears should be more than fine. 3 TDs is expected, if not more.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Not only are the majority of NFC and AFC west teams inept, so are many of their fans. :)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
          When you consider they had no redzone target last year(they still have none but there is still hope) that is pretty solid.
          I know the stats might not back it up, but Greg Olson is one of the best redzone tight ends in the NFL.
          He's 6-5, has a huge reach, and probably the best vertical of any tight end in the NFL this side of Vernon Davis or Antonio Gates (Gates doesn't strike me as much of a leaper, but he does play basketball)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            I know the stats might not back it up, but Greg Olson is one of the best redzone tight ends in the NFL.
            He's 6-5, has a huge reach, and probably the best vertical of any tight end in the NFL this side of Vernon Davis or Antonio Gates (Gates doesn't strike me as much of a leaper, but he does play basketball)
            I think after this season we'll be able to see Bennett in that group as well. Potential NBA prospect at one point, and hands are improving.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              Now honestly, what did you think I meant?

John York took over the 49'ers in 1999. Since then they have been had 8 losing seasons out of 10 and have been through 4 head coaches. That's a trend.

Considering the people that built the Superbowl teams are either long gone or dead, I'd say it's pretty irrelevant at this point. But I do think it speaks to the expectations among some that every year is going to be the year the Niners come back.
              I didn't know what you meant which is why I inquired to what you actually did mean. The phrase "for years" is ambiguous.

Regardless of the recent downfall of the franchise, it's still not enough for me to wish for current success now for past decades of consistent losing. The legacy of the 49ers is still intact...for now at least. If they were to lose consistently for the next twenty years or so, then it would be quite daunting.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
              Originally posted by Borat
              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                I didn't know what you meant which is why I inquired to what you actually did mean. The phrase "for years" is ambiguous.

Regardless of the recent downfall of the franchise, it's still not enough for me to wish for current success now for past decades of consistent losing. The legacy of the 49ers is still intact...for now at least. If they were to lose consistently for the next twenty years or so, then it would be quite daunting.
                It's not an issue of legacy. Historically the Niners are unquestionably a storied franchise.

It's a question of operational efficiency, and since the ownership/structure change the Niners have been a bad franchise.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information