Anquan Boldin... a HoF?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Highagain View Post
    So who's to say Wayne wouldn't have put up bigger numbers than Boldin in Arizona? It's purely speculation.
    cause Wayne aint as good as Boldin an Fitz. duh :)

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
      pretty much :)

but i dont recall calling Wayne garbage..
      You get the point...

Arguing about players' situations is pointless when it comes to HOF arguments. It's not what you could if you were in X situation, it's what you did do.

Comment

You get the point...

Arguing about players' situations is pointless when it comes to HOF arguments. It's not what you could if you were in X situation, it's what you did do.
        since when did i say Boldin is a HOF now?
        i was jus saying hes better then Wayne an Chad

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
          It's gonna be hard to get in the HOF as a wideout with how offenses work these days. The standard for statistics isn't the same as it was for guys before the '90s because the passing game has been inflated, mainly by new rules. If Cris Carter is a 3rd ballot HOF, then guys who are considered the 8th or 9th best WR of their generation won't get past the preliminary ballot. Boldin can be a HOF though if he does what he's been doing for a really long time and becomes one of the top WRs of his era.
          Agree. You can't have all these compilers in the HOF or it loses its meaning. There are 20 receivers in the HOF right now. I just can't see Boldin joining that elite group unless he continues playing at a high level late into his career like a Randy Moss or Terrell Owens, which looks unlikely given his injury history.

Comment

I think he is on pace to do it like some people have said. The biggest thing will be how he is viewed from here on out. Sometimes I think the Hall has too much politics that keep people out. I hope people don't start making his career more about his beef with the Cardinals than his on the field play. I don't want to see a less productive guy get in based on something bogus, because the writers have a hard on for his attitude.
            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
              Boldin is better than all those guys you just listed.
              Reggie Wayne?

I wouldn't say Boldin is better than Wayne. Pretty equal if you ask me.

And I know this same argument can be applied to Wayne up until last year, but why not wait and see what Boldin can do when he isn't being covered by the #2 corner every game?

Fitz draws the #1 corner the majority of the time. If he is matched up on the 2, it comes with safety help.

Let's see Boldin as the featured guy and lets see him stay healthy.

I love him, but HOF is special... It's kind of a joke to be mentioning any receivers as HOFers unless it's T.O. or Moss.

If Football ended tomorrow, who would be HOF worthy at the position? Only Moss and T.O. IMO.

What if Boldin has a bunch of injury plagued seasons from here on out? You never know what could happen.
              Last edited by Burns336; 04-19-2009, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                Reggie Wayne?

I wouldn't say Boldin is better than Wayne. Pretty equal if you ask me.

And I know this same argument can be applied to Wayne up until last year, but why not wait and see what Boldin can do when he isn't being covered by the #2 corner every game?

Fitz draws the #1 corner the majority of the time. If he is matched up on the 2, it comes with safety help.

Let's see Boldin as the featured guy and lets see him stay healthy.

I love him, but HOF is special... It's kind of a joke to be mentioning any receivers as HOFers unless it's T.O. or Moss.

If Football ended tomorrow, who would be HOF worthy at the position? Only Moss and T.O. IMO.

What if Boldin has a bunch of injury plagued seasons from here on out? You never know what could happen.
                I have to think that Marvin Harrison will get in as well.

Comment

Woah, this guy is young. Right now? Hell no. Can I see him having a HoF career when it's all said and done? Yeah. Is that for sure? Not at all.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I have to think that Marvin Harrison will get in as well.
                    Yes, I forgot Marvin somehow haha..

I'm just saying -- no one would put Q on the same level as Owens, Moss, or Harrison. So if his career ended tomorrow, would he be in the HOF? Hell no.

It's beyond me how anyone can answer yes to this question. They would be going off of projections alone because he certainly hasn't qualified as a hof receiver yet.

Comment

Wayne is a #1 WR, Boldin(for now) is still a #2.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
                        APS is saying that cause he wants to look good for trading for him in the forum mock
                        Here's your answer right here...

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                          up until this year Boldin was always considered the #1 WR, he faced and destroyed a lot of top cover corners

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                            Wayne is a #1 WR, Boldin(for now) is still a #2.
                            I'd like to know how a guy who averaged 7.4 receptions per game/ 86.5 receiving yards per game/ and .91 touchdowns per game is a number two.

And he did it on the same team as Larry Fitzgerald, outproducing him while healthy.

Really, the only knock on Boldin are the injury concerns. Over a full season he averages 100 receptions/ 1,299 receiving yards/ 8 touchdowns. Very, very few receivers are as productive as him when healthy. And the touchdown numbers have only improved since he got a quality NFL quarterback throwing to him.
                            Virginia Tech.
                            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

It's to early to tell until his career is over. Way to early.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

At this point in time, he's not even close... Neither is Adrian Peterson. Peterson has a good shot at being HoF, but I don't think Boldin has a huge shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information