No announcement yet.

Vince Young just gets it wrong...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should've picked my man Leinart, would've won them a SB by now.

Comment

This was so last year. Vince Young had his time.

Comment

Originally posted by someone477
        It's obvious that Young has some mental issues, I don't think it has anything to do with maturity.
        Based on what, exactly?
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I feel kind of sorry for vince young.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
            I wish he was still starting for the Titans.
            ******* Daryl Smith

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

His knee was down.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                His knee was down.
                Amen to that.

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                  The less I see Vince Young playing the happier I am.
                  You and me both.

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
                  I wish that somebody could hold the ESPN types that were calling out Casserly for taking Mario ahead of Vince and Reggie accountable. That was probably the best call in the recent history of the draft. The pressure that people were putting on him to take Bush or Young...good call Charlie.
                  Not Merril Hoge! He said which ever coaching staff takes Vince Young will be fired in 3 seasons. Good thing they brought in Collins.

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                  His knee was down.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    You and me both.

Not Merril Hoge! He said which ever coaching staff takes Vince Young will be fired in 3 seasons. Good thing they brought in Collins.

Thanks Brent. Touchdown!

Comment

Originally posted by Brent
                      Well, Floyd Reese was the GM who drafted Young, and he was let go at the end of Young's rookie season. But, VY wasn't the cause of it, or even a majoring factor.
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
                        I wish that somebody could hold the ESPN types that were calling out Casserly for taking Mario ahead of Vince and Reggie accountable. That was probably the best call in the recent history of the draft. The pressure that people were putting on him to take Bush or Young...good call Charlie.
                        Of course they'll never own up to that debacle. Just like the people who thought Ryan Leaf was better than Peyton act like they didn't. In about 3 years you'll hear those same talking heads say, "You know back in the 2006 draft there were "some people" that thought Reggie Bush or Vince Young were the better pick than Mario." The same people who called Mario Williams a Sam Bowie won't own up to how utterly stupid they were to act like Houston ate some babies.
                        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                        ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                          Well, Floyd Reese was the GM who drafted Young, and he was let go at the end of Young's rookie season. But, VY wasn't the cause of it, or even a majoring factor.
                          True but just for the sake that he said **** on TV like it was no big deal, I like Hoge. Even if he is batshit crazy. Sometimes those dissenting voices are interesting.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                            Amen to that.
                            Ramonce Taylor for the TD! ;)

Don't hate, blame Reggie Bush and Michael Griffin for being such a beast and picking off Leinart ;)

Comment

I think Young's problems started when he decided he didn't want to get hit anymore, and stopped running. I read an interview with Norm Chow who stated as much. He wanted to become a pocket passer, and Young didn't elevate to the #3 pick in the draft for his passing ability. In 2006 he showed the ability to take over a game on the NFL level with his legs, but the next year that all stopped. For a while I thought it was Fisher's call, but it was really Young's desision.

Anyway, long story short, he's just not good enough in the pocket to make it in the league without scrambling, but he could make a comeback if he goes back to being the dynamic running quarterback he was in 2006.
                              aka KGB Chicken

Comment

That knee thing, yeah it's down, but isn't the ball kinda out? It's hard to tell with the terrible resolution image but if we were looking at a fumble that ball looks out to me.

As for the interview.... what Vince Young says in interviews and what he really means are often two entirely different things. So Titans fans have generally stopped taking them seriously a long time ago.

For example, when he says he "can't win", one might interpret it as a comment on his situation, contradicting his claim that he isn't going to complain. What I think he really meant however was he can't win by complaining with the media. Vince dislikes the Nashville media - can't say I blame him, they're probably the worst NFL media in the league and are absolutely obsessed with Jay Cutler to a pathetic degree. Vince is absolutely right - he can't win with these guys.

Another thing Vince often does in interview is state the obvious - what everyone in his situation would be thinking and feeling, but probably shouldn't say. Every player in his shoes would be thinking "well, I still get a paycheck in the meantime I suppose", but most would be, hrm, "media savvy" enough not to say it.

So really, it doesn't mean anything other than the guy isn't great at interviews. I definitely wouldn't read into a few quotes as a sign of anything like a lack of heart or desire.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information