No announcement yet.

Vince Young just gets it wrong...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it when a player tries to display how humbled he's become all the while speaking in the 3rd person.

Comment

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
      I love it when a player tries to display how humbled he's become all the while speaking in the 3rd person.
      he does it in one sentence come on.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
        he does it in one sentence come on.
        He does it THREE times. I've never spoken of myself in the 3rd person in my entire life, let alone 3 times in 5 minutes.

Besides, that wasn't my point. My point is that a humbled individual doesn't speak of themselves in the 3rd person.

Comment

Is mentioning one's name technically the 3rd person? "I'm going to continue to be Vince Young" seems the same as "I'm going to continue to be myself" to me structurally. 3rd person would be "Vince Young is going to continue to be himself".

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
            Is mentioning one's name technically the 3rd person? "I'm going to continue to be Vince Young" seems the same as "I'm going to continue to be myself" to me structurally. 3rd person would be "Vince Young is going to continue to be himself".
            actually it should be

VY8 is going to continue to be Vince Young

Comment

I kinda wonder if Vince Young's career would have turned out better had he not won the national championship. He may have been drafted lower, gotten a big chip on his shoulder, and went out to try to prove anyone wrong.

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

How much would it cost to get Vince Young?

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                  I kinda wonder if Vince Young's career would have turned out better had he not won the national championship. He may have been drafted lower, gotten a big chip on his shoulder, and went out to try to prove anyone wrong.
                  He would have gotten drafted by the Raiders. If they would have gotten CJ next year it would greatly help him, but the way VY ran in his rookie sesaon in Tennessee they would have gotten enough wins to not get CJ.

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend View Post
                    How much would it cost to get Vince Young?
                    Probably a second or early third rounder.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                      im sorry, but i dont recall this moment. when was this exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                        im sorry, but i dont recall this moment. when was this exactly?
                        The day the music died.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                          The day the music died.
                          lol okay... that was when he pitched out and the Longhorns scored the first TD... or second or something.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                            Of course they'll never own up to that debacle. Just like the people who thought Ryan Leaf was better than Peyton act like they didn't. In about 3 years you'll hear those same talking heads say, "You know back in the 2006 draft there were "some people" that thought Reggie Bush or Vince Young were the better pick than Mario." The same people who called Mario Williams a Sam Bowie won't own up to how utterly stupid they were to act like Houston ate some babies.
                            Exactly, there needs to be like an independent ESPN analyst oversight watchdog committee or something, so when they say stuff like that they can go find archive footage of them saying something directly contradictory right after.

The only thing that drives me more nuts is when an analyst gets about 95 things wrong but one of his asinine predictions happens to come true following the "even a broken clock is right twice a day" law, but he proceeds to brag about it and talk it up for months after.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Cashmoneydrew approves of speaking in the third person.
                              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

I wish he would start kicking some ass since I have an autographed mini helmet and football signed by him. :( I think I would have to pay someone to take them off of my hands right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information