No announcement yet.

Holt signs with Jags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is kind of like the contract extension the Pats gave to Moss, except his was for 3 years, 27 million.

Obviously a much safer signing than Jerry Porter.

Torry Holt is extremely hardworking and takes cares of his body better than anybody in the offseason. He might not be the dominant form of old but he'll earn his contract on the playing field so long as he stays healthy.

I think this makes the Jags pick very interesting. Maybe they draft Raji and pair him up with Henderson ala Marcus Stroud, pretty good value for him at #8. The only OT left might be Michael Oher at that spot and I don't know if you pull the trigger on Oher in the top 10.

I still don't buy the Sanchez hype with Jacksonville, they signed Garrard to a 6 year 60 million extension a year and a half ago.

They could still go WR as they lost Wilford, Williams, and Jones so there's still a need, even with the Holt signing.

My guess is Maclin/Crabtree or Raji.
    Last edited by cdf_2108; 04-20-2009, 08:19 PM.

Comment

woooooooooo.

yeah, I'm not worried about the money at all. Like BF51 said, Porter got 10 million a year.

by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

If there are little to no signing bonuses then this is a solid deal. Allows the Jags to just cut him if and when his play starts to rapidly decline.

Comment

Originally posted by cdf_2108 View Post
          Torry Holt is extremely hardworking and takes cares of his body better than anybody in the offseason.
          Sure as heck not better than Terrell Owens.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
            Does this mean that Jacksonville will most likely take a LT in the first. I strongly thought that Maclin would be the pick if Sanchez doesnt fall.
            Well they also signed Tra Thomas this offseason so they have two short term solutions at LT with Thomas and now at WR with Holt. My bet would be on Raji right now, but I wouldn't rule out Sanchez or Maclin either. I doubt Crabtree and Monroe fall to them at 8 and I'm not even sure if Maclin will make it past Oakland. With the extension they just gave Garrard I doubt they'll take Sanchez. I think their expressed interest in him is more of a smoke screen.

Comment

Does this rule out Maclin at #9 if he's still on the board or is he still very much in the running?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                Does this rule out Maclin at #9 if he's still on the board or is he still very much in the running?
                Maclin at 9 is completely out of the question.

At 8 there might still be a chance.

Comment

I hate the Jags, but this is a good move. They should still draft Maclin and let him come in as a #2, so he doesn't have all the added pressure of performing amazingly well from the get-go.
                  PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
                  GO COLTS! NAPTOWN

Comment

Un Bastardo!
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

Considering the rumblings coming out of Jacksonville that the Jaguars are considering a gradual transition into a 3-4 defense, picking Raji makes a lot of sense now.

Comment

Great deal for the Jags

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                        Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                        i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                        Originally posted by Job
                        NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Looks like I will be getting a Jaguars jersey, it will be weird to see that.... Obviously think this is a great move for the Jags, and they quickly shoot up my list of favorite AFC teams. Gonna be a weird week 6 when we go to Jacksonville and see Holt on the other sidelines, granted we will more than likey be 0-5, and Jacksonville will be much better than that hopefully. I really hope to see them and Holt do well.

Comment

Probably a good move by the Jags. Dammit.

Comment

This gives the Jaguars alot of directions they can go in the draft; Raji, Sanchez, Stafford, Crabtree, Monroe, Jason Smith, Curry or Maclin. At least one of them will be available at #8 and the Jags could use any of them. Curry is somebody I haven't heard linked to them yet in mocks, but he would be a great fit and could slide in the draft.
                              10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

I'll go out on a small limb and say he gets 1,000 yards next season. The guy had a nice streak before last season, and last year was more of the Rams team struggles than him having an off year. With the level of skill he has I think he can still do damage. Guys like him can play for a good amount of time into their 30s.
                                "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                                ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information