Originally posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
    its obviously Derrick Thomas cause he is dead
    That is not even close to being funny.

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
      the question you have to ask yourself is this:

how good was aikman in those three superbowls

28, he sucked.
      30, he was okay, threw for 200 yards and a td.
      27, he was good.
      Its hard to tell how they would do anyway. With Kurt Warner they may have had similar results. but I doubt they'd even get to at least two of those Superbowls with Matt Hasselbeck. I like Hasselbeck too, so that should tell you something...
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
        again, always the question is, do the rings make you HoF worthy?

handing it off to arguably the second greatest RB of all time, and the greatest run blocking OLs of all time... i believe you could plug quite a few good qb's in there and watch them flourish. good qb's do not make the HoF.
        Rings are what got him in, so yes.

Maybe you could plug somebody else, but he was the QB. He was fortunate enough to end up in that situation

Comment

Interesting question.

I vote "no" on Aikman.

Played well, one of the best winners in his era, but not HOF worthy.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

i think Troy Aikman is about the same case as Terry Bradshaw. Was he really leading these teams to the Superbowl? or did he just not prevent them to not make it there?

Comment

If Jim Kelly is in the hall of fame, then Aikman goes in no question.

^^Best Real Estate Salesman Ever^^

Comment

Originally posted by Fogartynyy2789 View Post
                If Jim Kelly is in the hall of fame, then Aikman goes in no question.
                That is a joke, right? Kelly put up much better numbers than Aikman with a much worse supporting cast. Heck, if you judge a QB by wins then Kelly is still much better than Aikman as he had more wins in less starts. Kelly was so much better than Aikman that it isn't even funny.

Aikman, imo, was a decent to good QB that guided an all-time great team. Was he as bad as Bradshaw? No, but he certainly wasn't on the level on someone like Jim Kelly or Steve Young.

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                  That is a joke, right? Kelly put up much better numbers than Aikman with a much worse supporting cast. Heck, if you judge a QB by wins then Kelly is still much better than Aikman as he had more wins in less starts. Kelly was so much better than Aikman that it isn't even funny.

Aikman, imo, was a decent to good QB that guided an all-time great team. Was he as bad as Bradshaw? No, but he certainly wasn't on the level on someone like Jim Kelly or Steve Young.

I tend to agree... completely
                  -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post

I'm talking about winning in the playoffs and leading a team, I'm not arguing Kelly as a hall of famer, he is without a doubt. Aikman was the leader of three Super Bowl teams and was a tremendous playoff performer up until 1997.

^^Best Real Estate Salesman Ever^^

Comment

I think he is HOF caliber. What more do you want the guy to do? He used the talent around him and won a ton of championships. He played extremely well and is one of the best leaders the NFL has seen. He is and should be in.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I guess the point is... I don't think he played extremely well.
                        I think he played well. I think he played safe. I think he was a Game Manager to a Great team.

He didn't win games. He just didn't lose them.
                        That to me... is not the definition of a HOFer
                        I do agree that he was a great leader. I'll give you that.
                        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

He won games at times, I am not sure where that assumption comes from. He maybe never had to put the team on just his shoulders, but he made some huge plays to clinch games...

Follow Me on Twitter!
                          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Throwing out hollow cliches like "he was a game manager" or "he didn't win games, he just didn't lose him" are not an argument against Aikman and won't keep him out. The fact is he was the starting QB for a dynasty, went to 6 Pro Bowls and won a Super Bowl MVP. Those type things hold more weight than hollow cliches.

Comment

Stupid thread.

One of the greatest leaders ever. Held his teammates accountable. Was one of the main, if not the main reason that a team with so many ego's and so much publicity was able to succeed and win 3 SB's.

He did exactly what Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer wanted him to do. Don't kid yourself into thinking that Aikman couldn't have put up the same stats as the rest.

Both Aikman and Irvin took a hit to their stats in order to play within the system and succeed in the league. When you have a massive O-line and a great running back, why not use it?

Too many people on these boards weren't around to see and appreciate those Cowboy teams. Too many young people. Hell even I was young, but I was a die hard fan and still own all the DVDs.

Easily HOF worthy. Stats can be used to distort anything, you must take them in combination with winning. Aikman was one of the greatest winners ever in the league.

If Jimmy Johnson hadn't been fired he would have won 4 straight SB's. The guy is a stud.

Comment

Brett Favre took equally talented teams (on both sides of the ball) and couldn't beat Aikman.

Yes, Farve had better stats, but he played outside the system to get those stats and look where it got him.

Aikman sacrificed his own numbers for the success of the team.

Does everyone in here honestly believe Aikman was put into the HOF simply because he was a Cowboy or politics? Do some research. The Cowboys have one of the most HoF "snubbed" franchises of all time.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information