Braylon Edwards to NYG trade stalemated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braylon Edwards to NYG trade stalemated

Sal Palantonio has just reported that the negotiations between the NY Giants & the Browns sending WR Braylon Edwards to Cleveland have reached a stalemate.

If it's going to happen it's looking more & more like a draft day trade. Cleveland wants the Giants' 1st rd. pick as well as DE Mathias Kiwanuka while the Giants are offering a 2nd & a 5th in the 09 draft. A Giants spokesman added that Kiwi is a deal-breaker.

The needs for both teams are still there, the Giants need a veteran WR to replace the released Plaxico Burress, & HC Mangini & the Browns are embarking on what appears to be a complete rebuilding effort on both sides of the ball so they need to maximize their total draft picks. The Browns have engaged in more trades & rumors of them than any other NFL team so far this offseason, with TE Kellen Winslow dealt to Tampa Bay & QB Brady Quinn as trade bait being currently shopped with the rumored addendum of Cleveland being added to the long & growing list of teams allegedly interested in Sanchez in the 1st rd.

The two teams will likely compromise & announce a trade early this Saturday, but what will the terms be? Will the Browns back off on Kiwi? Probably, but it's obvious they want a veteran player & a pick vs. two picks. IDK if they will give up on the Giants' 1st rounder though, Cleveland wants to draft several impact rookies who can start & help restore them to the playoff team status they enjoyed in 2007.

I think Cleveland will finally settle for a 1st & a 3rd or 4th, depending on how hard a bargain NYG GM Reese negotiates, & Cleveland will draft a replacement WR in the late 1st rd. with that pick from the Giants. Or continue to wheel & deal in the early draft rounds, Mangini & company seem to have predisposition for horsetrading & maneuvering.
    Last edited by LizardState; 04-22-2009, 02:30 PM. Reason: grammatical correctitude

there is no way the Browns trade Edwards for a 2nd

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

In my mock draft, I have the Giants giving up a 2nd and 4th. I don't think I have very many right picks, but it's interesting to hear the Giants want to give up a 2nd and 5th. Because I think they could be stretched to end up giving the 2nd and 4th. Hooray for foresight if I get it right. :D

Comment

"Cleveland wants the Giants' 1st rd. pick as well as DE Mathias Kiwanuka"

Put the pipe down Cleveland.

Comment

Browns are asking for too much, and the Giants are offering too little.

Yup, sounds like a stalemate to me!
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I just hope it stays stalemated. I think the Giants could trade Kiwi and it wouldn't effect them too much, as long as they stay healthy and find someone who can have a similar impact, though losing him would be tough.
            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Losing Kiwi would really hurt. Our D can be dominant as long as we have three high caliber ends to rotate and attack QBs with. Personally I think we need to draft a fourth DE who could step up in case of an injury as a pass rusher. We're not deep enough at DE to give up on kiwi now.

Comment

as a browns fan, the only way i'd be happy with this trade getting done is for exactly what the browns are asking for, a 1st and kiwi (which i know is crazy more than the giants will do). otherwise, we loose the only thing on our offense that might scare teams for what basically amounts to a 3rd and a 6th.

i'd say both teams offers are equally ridiculous.

Comment

Maybe the Browns should just keep Edwards and Quinn and build the offense around them and Joe Thomas. Or am I just talking crazy?

Comment

god would that be great.

Comment

I wouldn't mind Kiwi for Edwards straight up but a first and Kiwi, come on now...

2nd and a 4th, if not that nothing. Jerry Reese is a ******* balling GM.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

I think a 3rd and Kiwi should be enough. He could be a 10+ sack guy in a 3-4.

Comment

This is surprising. Personally there's no way I'd give up a first but if it's really that stalemated I say #29 seems okay. They're making this more confusing than it needs to be. The Browns seem to want to get rid of all talent on the roster.

Comment

B. Edwards > Nicks/Britt/Rowbiskie
                            With that said- their 1st rd pick isn't really too absurd.
                            If they want Kiwi as well- then I'd lower that to a 2nd or 3rd.
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Kiwi is the deal breaker...... He's a young DE that is just tapping into his potential, there's no way J-Reese lets him go, ESPECIALLY packaged into a deal with a 1st round pick

2nd, 5th, and a WR of their choice..... Thats as high as I wanna go

I dont want Kiwi in this deal AT ALL!!!!
                              LOUD & PROUD

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information