Braylon Edwards to NYG trade stalemated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
    We do have more power because we don't have to move him this year. We can resign or tag him after the season and/or trade him next year or the year after that. Giants are gonna be pressured to add a #1 this year, they know that it's something their offense needs to be great. Remember, the Browns have absolutly nothing at WR after Edwards and it doesn't look like either way that they're gonna pick Crabtree at 5. We have Syndric Steptoe and Joshua Cribbs or David Patten starting with Edwards out of the picture.
    So how does that give you more power? You have to pay him still, deal with a player who doesn't want to be there. Is he working with the team now? How do you know he doesn't mail it in because he knows he isn't going to sign long term contract with you guys. These are all important factors.

Our offense doesn't have to be great. Our defense does! That's what wins championships! And we addressed that during FA. We got Boley, Canty, Benard, and couple other depth guys. We don't need to be the Cards passing game or even the Pats. That's where people are messing up in their line of thinking. We are not running the spread here or trying to break records.

Burress shot himself mid season, so we didn't have time to adjust to that while the season is going on. So now a veteran, ex WR coach, in Coughlin, and Gilbride can re work the playbook with Burress gone. Now we don't have to shift our plays to make "X" a valid threat everytime.

Coughlin stresses "balance" in his offense, and he and Gilbride can bring that by changing the playbook, and tweaking reads and ELi's progressions now. Let's put it this way.... When SHockey got hurt, Boss struggled run blocking under the existing running concepts ( power) . That off season we adjusted, and tweaked our running game and implemented Power G. Look what we did last season.

Now Burress is gone, and the coaching staff has time to adjust stuff. It's no where near as bad as the media and knee jerk reaction base base is making it out to me.

And our game is running the ball, and playing great defense. We don't need to be the Cards passing game or Saints passing game here. Smash mouth football and kill other Qbs is our style.

Comment

1,300 yards and 16td's is why Braylon Edwards is the Giants best option and why the Browns (should) have the bargaining power. Britt IMO would be an excellent replacement for Burress, but being a rookie WR chances are the numbers aren't going to matchup to other number 1's around league at the end of this next season and nowhere near the production Edwards could provide. I think the ultimate factor if this trade happens is whether the Giants are trying to win now or down the road(something a Giants fan can answer for me possibly?) Teams in today's league without a true number one have a very slim chance at winning the super-bowl, an even one that had one(Arizona def. did) came up short. I don't see the Giants having many holes, and Edwards has a huge reward potential for the 29th pick and some change(Def not Kiwi also thats too much), so why not make the trade if your team has so many other picks?

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
        Britt and Nicks will be better than Braylon in a couple years anyway
        silly rutgers fans, the chances of this are slim

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
        We are the ONLY team in the bidding.. Who else is there?
        iggles?

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking
        We can wait this out, and or just use our 10 picks:

2 2s
        3 3s
        2 5s

and build our team that way. Remember we aren't the 4-12 team here.
        ok, wait it out, and when everyone stacks the box and jacobs goes down with an injury like he always does, we will see how well your offense produces.

Let's put it this way, if you want him so bad, then extend him. Why is he on sale? And why isn't he accepting your contact?
        i don't know the details of the negotiations, but he is still a brown for this year and there is always the franchise tag. he's on sale because he is worth a lot and maybe a team will be willing to part with a 1st rd pick and a good de/olb for him. which is good for us...

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
        He has sick potential, but a team shouldn't have to trade alot of compensation based on potential.
        teams trade a lot based on potential all the time... they are called draft picks.

some things to think about. just playing devils advocate to some stuff that's been said, not necessarily arguing one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
          You just described why Mangini is going to fail.
          Or Succeed. As mentioned, Edwards is almost a lock to leave as soon as he hits free agency. And for all we know, Mangini is 100% correct on Quinn and Sanchez would be a better fit for them.

I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. There's nothing wrong with trying to get the guys that fit your system on your team.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by fear the elf View Post

really? last I checked neither Nicks or Britt dropped every other pass thrown to them this year...hmmm.
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

i've heard they both drop more passes then they should, britt especially. in fact if you want i have a link to our very own scott wright's player rankings http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...enny-Britt.php

note: "unreliable hands"

Comment

I LOL @ the Browns offer it sounds like BT is the Browns GM in real life. Anything more than a 1st round strait up is not even close to worth it.

Boldin > Roy Williams Jr. > Edwards

Zona is looking for a 1st and a 3rd for Boldin and aren't getting any calls. Roy went for a 1st and a 3rd as well and everyone thinks that Dallas got raped in the trade. So to think that Edwards is going for anything higher than a 1st round pick is laughable.
                Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kase1 View Post
                  I can honestly see the Giants using their 1st round pick and pressuring Cleveland to take a deal with a 2nd round or walk...... J-Reese isnt one to get pushed around in a deal, as Sal Pal reported on ESPN 'Kiwi is a deal breaker' plain and simple as that
                  And Braylon Edwards is a pro-bowl receiver that doesn't need to be moved.

"Plain and simple as that"

Comment

i've heard they both drop more passes then they should, britt especially. in fact if you want i have a link to our very own scott wright's player rankings http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...enny-Britt.php

note: "unreliable hands"
                    you've clearly never watched more than one Rutgers game.

but I'm not gonna hijack this thread.

either way, the Browns are asking for way too much, and when Braylon freaks during another sub-.500 season, they'll regret not taking an offer now
                    We ALL bleed scarlet
                    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

I hope this deal falls through. Braylon has alot of talent, and I don't want the Giants to get him. He had a bad year with a ton of drops, but he still got 16 touchdowns a year before. In MY he might be able to put it together again.
                      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Braylon would be a perfect fit as a receiver who can go up and go get balls. If he does have to wind up with the giants i really hope it involves Kiwi going out the door, maybe something along the lines of kiwi and 3rd or 4th would probably be a good deal for both sides

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                          you've clearly never watched more than one Rutgers game.

but I'm not gonna hijack this thread.

either way, the Browns are asking for way too much, and when Braylon freaks during another sub-.500 season, they'll regret not taking an offer now
                          true, i don't watch rutgers games. i don't disagree that we are asking for too much, but i think braylon is more valuable to us than what you are offering and the only way i would want him to be traded is for a proven player like kiwi and a decent pick. that's the last bit i'll say in the thread.

Comment

Yeah, though I doubt it will happen I hope we keep Edwards for another year at least so we can either sign him longterm or get more value for him...because I don't think we'll have jack **** at WR this year if we trade him. I don't think we'll draft Crabtree at 5, and that would mean our starting WRs would consist of Patten and/or Cribbs/Steptoe/a rookie/the current #3, 4, or 5 WR on the NYG.

Comment

iggles?

ok, wait it out, and when everyone stacks the box and jacobs goes down with an injury like he always does, we will see how well your offense produces.

i don't know the details of the negotiations, but he is still a brown for this year and there is always the franchise tag. he's on sale because he is worth a lot and maybe a team will be willing to part with a 1st rd pick and a good de/olb for him. which is good for us...

teams trade a lot based on potential all the time... they are called draft picks.

some things to think about. just playing devils advocate to some stuff that's been said, not necessarily arguing one way or the other.

No, Eagles said they wanted Boldin and now reports said they are in the lead for Gonzo. So who knows there Not sure if that's smoke but there are no more reports on BE. Unless they come out of now where which I think is not likely, but possible as an option.

Yeah but not on existing players! We are not going to trade picks and a player for a guy who has a high ceiling and 1 1,1000 yard pro bowl season only and led the league in drops, which raised questions from our scouting department on his focus. We want production to go with that too, especially if we have to pay a team compensation AND the guy a huge contract.

Don't forget we have to pay ELi too, we can't break the bank for BE and then get raped on compensation on top.

Honestly I hope this trade doesn't go down.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
                                Braylon would be a perfect fit as a receiver who can go up and go get balls. If he does have to wind up with the giants i really hope it involves Kiwi going out the door, maybe something along the lines of kiwi and 3rd or 4th would probably be a good deal for both sides
                                Reese laughed at the Kiwi speculation because he said we didn't just spend all that money on the DL to secure depth only to trade it away now, lol. Unless it's smoke which can be true, I don't see us trading away DL depth especially since our DEs had none towards the end of last season. Plus the versatility factor..

On the 3rd down..

Kiwi, Tuck, Canty, and Osi.. We trade Kiwi it hurts that rotation. Plus now we are keeping him at DE, so he can gain the muscle mass and weight accordingly and not worry about another position move.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information