Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Braylon Edwards to NYG trade stalemated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FWIW all the mocks are assuming this trade is happening, they (including the God Almighty We're ESPN & Our Word Is Law! Mock) have the Browns taking Crabtree at #5 now to replace Edwards........

    Well whoop-tee-freakin'-doo, what about all the other needs Cleveland (A) has now after trading away KW3, & (B) will have by draft day when Mangini continues his batshit evisceration of the entire talent core? I guess they're going to be forced to draft about 10-11 players with a QB to make up the shortfall if Quinn goes away. Mangini has this cockamamie pipe dream of stockpiling that many picks & too many offensive holes will kill him anyway his 1st yr, why do I get the feeling he's basking in the warmth of all this frictive heat he's created? Sometimes 1st yr HCs in a new town trade just for the gleeful joy of trading or they like seeing their names in the sports section with an exclamation point after it.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
      Why not? Defense wins championships not OFFENSE!! We made the changes we needed to for our DL, to provide depth so that our guys won't get tired.

      We have other options other than BE:

      1. Get BE

      2. Get Boldin

      3. Use our 10 pick and upgrade our total team

      4. Coughlin, a former wr coach, and Gilbride, will tweak the playbook to now balance out the passing concepts. So instead of relying on X in progressions for each play, now you can balance it to fit the existing talent, which is something that we couldn't do mid season when Burress pulled a Chedda bob.

      Just because the media and fan base has a knee jerk reaction to this doesn't mean our organization has to. If they were like the fans and media this deal probably would have been done ages ago.
      Everyone knows defense wins championships but still look at recent history.. most of the super bowl teams had great defenses and great offenses. The only exceptions i believe would be the Bucs and Ravens, and those two defenses were probably 2 of the best 5 or 10 ever. The Giants should have a great defense, but not on that level. Thats why i think they need one more weapon. Agree?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
        When did Ward become a playmaker? If anything giving his carries to Bradshaw would give our offense more playmaking. As for our end of the season offense it's true we faultered but that's because we asked Hixon to step in and do what Plax used to. Adjusting our passing game to the talent we do have would make our offense much more efficient and with an improved defense, oline and more explosive running game we're definitely superbowl contenders.
        5.6 YPC is very high, meaning he gets a lot of yards when he touches the ball. Am I wrong? How is your running game more explosive too when you lose a 1000 yard rusher?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by cunit2k9 View Post
          Everyone knows defense wins championships but still look at recent history.. most of the super bowl teams had great defenses and great offenses. The only exceptions i believe would be the Bucs and Ravens, and those two defenses were probably 2 of the best 5 or 10 ever. The Giants should have a great defense, but not on that level. Thats why i think they need one more weapon. Agree?
          To certain extent, hence using the 10 picks to take care of that. We can use those picks for OL, WR, RB, or any offensive position other than QB obviously. NO our defense isn't at that level, but then again you don't need to be. Just be able to sack the QB and pressure him, and then let it play out. That's all I ask, limit the time a QB has to make plays, even sack him, and if he can make them good bless that team, if not, then see the superbowl with Tom Brady. Then let us control the clock with our running game, and take that route.

          Plus the one thing people don't realize is that our coaching staff will adjust to the players we have now that they have time. Look at how they adjusted when Shockey got traded? Did anyone see our running game last year? That was an adjustment due to shockey being traded based on seeing Boss get owned running power concept without Shockey. It was a mess watching Boss run block in the playoffs during our superbowl run.

          Like I said there are many ways to skin a cat, having a knee jerk reaction to losing a number 1 WR isn't productive. Coughlin preaches balance in his offense, so I wouldn't be suprised to see him and Gilbride re do some of the passing concepts and making it more balanced to fit our offense, and not so heavy for the the X spot, fitting Burress's skill set.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by cunit2k9 View Post
            5.6 YPC is very high, meaning he gets a lot of yards when he touches the ball. Am I wrong? How is your running game more explosive too when you lose a 1000 yard rusher?
            Our running system is basically plug and play. We lost Tiki, and we plugged Jacobs. Ward was basically an outcast by the Jets, and signed him. Same with Ware. Hixon from the Broncos, and thanks to the Rams for cutting Madison Hedgecock. Our offense got it's parts from other teams who were very nice to let these guys go.

            So we developed Ware, and we have 10 picks to draft an RB if need be. Plus Bradshaw's skill set is alot better than Wards's skill set. As long as our OL is healthy, we will be fine. Everyone is signed and locked up long term and they aren't going anymore. Our system basically now is a plug and play system.

            If you are free we can sign you and you may do well behind our line. : )

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
              To certain extent, hence using the 10 picks to take care of that. We can use those picks for OL, WR, RB, or any offensive position other than QB obviously. NO our defense isn't at that level, but then again you don't need to be. Just be able to sack the QB and pressure him, and then let it play out. That's all I ask, limit the time a QB has to make plays, even sack him, and if he can make them good bless that team, if not, then see the superbowl with Tom Brady. Then let us control the clock with our running game, and take that route.

              Plus the one thing people don't realize is that our coaching staff will adjust to the players we have now that they have time. Look at how they adjusted when Shockey got traded? Did anyone see our running game last year? That was an adjustment due to shockey being traded based on seeing Boss get owned running power concept without Shockey. It was a mess watching Boss run block in the playoffs during our superbowl run.

              Like I said there are many ways to skin a cat, having a knee jerk reaction to losing a number 1 WR isn't productive. Coughlin preaches balance in his offense, so I wouldn't be suprised to see him and Gilbride re do some of the passing concepts and making it more balanced to fit our offense, and not so heavy for the the X spot, fitting Burress's skill set.
              Fair enough.

              Comment

              Working...
              X

              Debug Information