• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos sign RB Travis Henry to five-year deal

Henry's fills void in Broncos' backfield
    By Len Pasquarelli
    ESPN.com
    Updated: March 5, 2007, 2:27 PM ET

Filling their need for a proven tailback, the Denver Broncos on Monday reached a contract agreement with Travis Henry, who was released on Saturday by the Tenenessee Titans to avoid paying him an $8.3 million roster bonus.

Henry will sign a five-year contract that includes $12 million in guarantees, ESPN.com has learned.

Within hours of his release, Henry flew to Denver and visited with Broncos officials over the weekend, while agent Hadley Engelhard negotiated a deal. Henry also drew considerable interest from the Oakland Raiders, who hoped to bring him in for a visit this week.

Henry, 28, carried 270 times for 1,211 yards and seven touchdowns in 2006, and notched six 100-yard outings. The former University of Tennessee standout spent the first four years of his career with the Buffalo Bills before being traded to the Titans in 2005.

In 78 games, including 62 starts, Henry has carried 1,321 times for 5,395 yards and 34 touchdowns. He also has 134 receptions for 886 yards and two scores. In addition to his 1,000-yard season in 2006, Henry ran for over 1,000 yards in two of his four seasons with the Bills.

Henry signs with denver.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines

Denver sure went all out this offseason.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

From the "Mile High Willis" thread:

Originally posted by Shiver
      I think the Broncos would be best off signing Travis Henry, than trading a day-1 pick for Willis McGahee.
      I am so smart, I am so smart, S.M.R.T..

doh!

I mean S.M.A.R.T

time to wait for someone to get the reference

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
        From the "Mile High Willis" thread:

I am so smart, I am so smart, S.M.R.T..

doh!

I mean S.M.A.R.T

time to wait for someone to get the reference

classic simpsons!

dont know all the contract details, but it's probably too much. either way, henry will fit in well with the broncos.

Comment

Damn. Figured he'd get paid but would of loved a Parker/Henry combo.

Comment

Denver really is going at it this offseason that's for sure. They did need a new RB with Tatum Bell being traded to the Lions.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I'm all for Travis Henry leaving the Tennessee Titans for the Denver Broncos. However is playing for Denver is going to run on the Indianapolis Colts anyways, at least now the Colts won't have to face Henry twice a year in divisional games.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

That's why they traded for Bly, last year Reggie Wayne tore Darrent Williams tore up. Now they just need some D-Line, O-Line help via the draft. If they sufficiently do so, I will be hard pressed to not pick them as the preliminary favorites. Especially under the assumption that Jay Cutler will have a Carson Palmer like ascension.

Comment

There is the exact same post and you posted the exact same time, so one of you will be locked, don't know who, but thought I should let you know.
                  Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Denver: this year's Washington Redskins... hahaha

I do think these moves will pay off, though. Bly and Henry are upgrades for them.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I hope everyone picks the Broncos as the favorite to win it all.

Comment

I think Palmer-like ascention is incredibly rare, so I don't count on it from anyone. Who has had that kind of development in the last 5-8 years? Manning, Palmer, Brees (came out of nowhere), and Warner. That's about it. You could make arguments for Brady, McNabb, and Pennington, but their development was much more steady. We're talking step in and be a pro bowler numbers. The chances of that happening in Denver for sure is not high, given past percentages...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

BTW, could Henry finally give us fantasy football owners a Broncos RB to covet with open arms since Portis? I hope so, although with Shanny you can never really tell.

Comment

Good for him getting paid. He'll do very well in Denver. Henry was always one of my favorites, he ran hard, was strong as hell, and has one of the most wicked stiff arms in the league. As long as he stays away from the weed he'll be fine, cause with another positive test, he's gone for a year. I am a little disappointed that we could bring him back, but now it seems that we will see if LenDale has what it takes to be a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                              I think Palmer-like ascention is incredibly rare, so I don't count on it from anyone. Who has had that kind of development in the last 5-8 years? Manning, Palmer, Brees (came out of nowhere), and Warner. That's about it. You could make arguments for Brady, McNabb, and Pennington, but their development was much more steady. We're talking step in and be a pro bowler numbers. The chances of that happening in Denver for sure is not high, given past percentages...
                              Jay Cutler has all the tools, in the right situation, to jump up to elite level in my estimation. He transitioned into the starting role, far better than anyone thought he would be able to. He is in the offense, with the weapons, to ascend like Rivers and Palmer have done in recent seasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information