No announcement yet.

Broncos sign RB Travis Henry to five-year deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like this signing by Denver. I've always been a fan of Henry and I think he will flourish in the zone blocking system.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
      I really like this signing by Denver. I've always been a fan of Henry and I think he will flourish in the zone blocking system.
      I really like it as well. Henry has the right running style for Denver's offense (strong, decent speed, runs with authority, doesn't dance).

Now, if we could just get both the lines upgraded...

Comment

Nice pick up by the broncos.
        RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Sad to see him go, i think White will be fine.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
          XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
          Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
          http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

are off season isnt over were still trying to get kerney and graham

Comment

Henry is still one of my favorite players. Good for him, I hope he does well there. Shouldn't be too hard.

Comment

Hope he lays off the weed so he doesn't get a year vacation.
                I like him though, think he could get 1400+ yards and 10+ TD's, with Bell spelling him, forming a good combo.

Comment

I wanted Henry more than Mcgahee anyways, better fit with less distraction. Not to mention lower contract.

Comment

Hm, this only leaves LenDale White as runningback for the Titans.
                    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

denver has been very active this offseason. if they sign kerney or draft a good DE they are very solid at every position.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                        denver has been very active this offseason. if they sign kerney or draft a good DE they are very solid at every position.

except O-line...

Comment

Originally posted by elway777 View Post
                          except O-line...
                          what parts of the oline are bad? i know lepsis will come back and i think pears will play RT. nalen is still the C. are the guards not that good? i thought denver was moving towards bigger o line men?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

I thought it was "guaranteed" that he would sign back with Tennessee? I thought it was "guaranteed" that the Broncos were trading for Willis? Some of the rumours you guys make up are just hilarious.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                              I thought it was "guaranteed" that he would sign back with Tennessee?
                              No one ever said that. The only thing that was ever said about him coming back is that his agent and the Titans were still in contact with each other. Seems like you're the one making things up.

Btw, on the $8.3 million roster bonus that he was due, it was put into his contract last year by Floyd Reese, and was completely idiotic. IIRC, he only had to score 1 touchdown to qualify for the bonus. From reading around, the word is that we offered to restructure his deal to convert the $8.3M roster bonus into a signing bonus so that the hit didn't come all this year, but they declined it and eventually ended up getting $12M guaranteed from Denver, so looks like it was a smart move on his part. Plus he's now in a great situation as long as he passes his drug tests.

Comment

Am i the only bronco fan displeased with this news?? Travis Henry is not the feature back i was looking/hoping for out of free agency. Hes gonna get 1,000-1,200 yards and >10 touchdowns... thats decent but i would of really liked to see us get a dangerous back, mike bell could of put up these same numbers. I fail to see how Travis Henry is an upgrade.

Sig byDLS42

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information