Clear All

• NGSeiler
    started a topic Broncos sign RB Travis Henry to five-year deal

Broncos sign RB Travis Henry to five-year deal

Henry's fills void in Broncos' backfield
    By Len Pasquarelli
    ESPN.com
    Updated: March 5, 2007, 2:27 PM ET

Filling their need for a proven tailback, the Denver Broncos on Monday reached a contract agreement with Travis Henry, who was released on Saturday by the Tenenessee Titans to avoid paying him an $8.3 million roster bonus.

Henry will sign a five-year contract that includes $12 million in guarantees, ESPN.com has learned.

Within hours of his release, Henry flew to Denver and visited with Broncos officials over the weekend, while agent Hadley Engelhard negotiated a deal. Henry also drew considerable interest from the Oakland Raiders, who hoped to bring him in for a visit this week.

Henry, 28, carried 270 times for 1,211 yards and seven touchdowns in 2006, and notched six 100-yard outings. The former University of Tennessee standout spent the first four years of his career with the Buffalo Bills before being traded to the Titans in 2005.

In 78 games, including 62 starts, Henry has carried 1,321 times for 5,395 yards and 34 touchdowns. He also has 134 receptions for 886 yards and two scores. In addition to his 1,000-yard season in 2006, Henry ran for over 1,000 yards in two of his four seasons with the Bills.

• portermvp84
    replied
    Henry in Broncos system=1,000 yard season lol.

Leave a comment:

• Iamcanadian
    replied
    On paper, Denver's pickups look sensational, however in reality, spending a lot on FA's hasn't accomplished much for teams in the past so we'll just have to wait and see.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Stiller
    replied
    Originally posted by TheGunShow View Post
    Damn. Figured he'd get paid but would of loved a Parker/Henry combo.
    ??? Why?

aren't the Giants Signing Rhodes?

Leave a comment:

• MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    replied
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    I love the Simpsons!!! And no, I didn't cheat and see if anyone else called it out. I didn't have to look it up either.

I don't like the move quite honestly. They couldve nabbed a RB in the draft. All they really need is a WR, RB and DE and theyre set. They didn't need to get a FA RB.

True, but with Shanahan, he loves moving up in the draft. So we have taken care of DT and RB, WR shouldnt be too bad with Walker and Marshall(who was very good as a rookie), so Shanahan might move up into range for an elite D-Lineman or safety.

Leave a comment:

• bigbluedefense
    replied
    Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    From the "Mile High Willis" thread:

I am so smart, I am so smart, S.M.R.T..

doh!

I mean S.M.A.R.T

time to wait for someone to get the reference
    I love the Simpsons!!! And no, I didn't cheat and see if anyone else called it out. I didn't have to look it up either.

I don't like the move quite honestly. They couldve nabbed a RB in the draft. All they really need is a WR, RB and DE and theyre set. They didn't need to get a FA RB.

Leave a comment:

• jth1331
    replied
    Originally posted by njx9
    we have zero depth right now, except at center. one would assume either myers or eslinger will move to guard which would help, but we still need more interior Oline depth. our tackle depth is hideous, and i'm not sure very many denver fans buy Pears right now after how bad he looked in relief of lepsis last season (although, granted, RT and LT are very different positions). i'm just not sure anyone would say we're "solid" at this point (although the starters should be pretty good, as usual).
    I do agree with the lack of depth, to a degree, but Pears did not play as hideous as you make it sound. I think after last season, he could do well at RT.
    Kuper, Eslinger and Meyers are all good, plus we just signed that Holland guy at G. Kuper apparentally was doing awesome last year in camp and preseason, and the coaches almost put him in the lineup last year at RT I think.
    I think if we can get another tackle for depth, a solid one, we should be good.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by bantx View Post
    sorry for double post
    Even as a single post it's completely worthless.

I can walk into any team's thread and say "____ suck" with absolutely no evidence at all. My god, you think people really care what you think when you post something that any monkey with a keyboard can type?

This is why I usually stay out of the NFL forum... it's 90% idiots who post the same things as the other idiots. Then they wonder *why* exactly we call them idiots...

Make an argument. Use some evidence. Give someone a reason to believe that you aren't just talking straight out of your ass, or stop posting.

Leave a comment:

• nyjetsguy27
    replied
    travis henry is a kind and decent man... plus he tore it up last year and with the bills a while ago

Leave a comment:

• bantx
    replied
    sorry for double post

Leave a comment:

• niel89
    replied
    Originally posted by bantx View Post
    umm broncos will still suck =\
    they are still pretty good.......

Leave a comment:

• cunningham06
    replied
    Excellent signing, McGahee's contract is probably going to be ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• bantx
    replied
    umm Broncos will still suck....

Leave a comment:

• bantx
    replied
    umm broncos will still suck =\

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied
    Originally posted by 3projectPAT6 View Post
    Travis Henry is the most average runningback ive ever seen...
    Trust me, he's a good RB...you'll be very happy with him. He's a hard worker and a really powerful RB. Also, he has like <1% body fat, if that matters to you at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information