Randy McMichael to be released?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shiver
    started a topic Randy McMichael to be released?

Randy McMichael to be released?

FINS SAYING FAREWELL TO McMICHAEL

A league source tells us that the Miami Dolphins will soon be releasing tight end Randy McMichael.

McMichael, who recently emerged on the trade block, was due to earn a $3 million roster bonus on Wednesday. In lieu of paying the money, the team is cutting him loose.

The veteran tight end should draw immediate interest in a relatively weak field of free-agent tight ends. But the red flag is his history of allegations of violence against his wife.

Then again, in today's NFL, that's like getting pulled over for having an expired inspection sticker, isn't it?
    From PFT, so not a lock yet, they did state it more definitively than they usually do.

• NGSeiler
    replied
    Originally posted by Marino13 View Post
    I know, but the report was Mueller wanted a 3rd or no deal.
    Well I hope he's happy that he held his ground and got nothing instead.

Leave a comment:

• Forenci
    replied
    Heh, I wouldn't be surprised in a year when Jeremy Shockey needs a new deal and the Giants don't want to pay him big money to see him sign with the Dolphins.

I mean, at least this way he won't get yelled at for going to work out in Miami during the off-season. Right?

Leave a comment:

• The Dynasty
    replied
    Minnesota could cut Jim K. and sign him and now have Shaincoe and McMichael be a good tandem.

Leave a comment:

• draftguru151
    replied
    Well he is officially gone.

Leave a comment:

• ShutDwn
    replied
    Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
    Oh and I forgot Jackson, how could I!

Marc Bulger would be able to throw to:
    Torry Holt
    Isaac Bruce
    Drew Bennett
    Randy McMichael
    Steven Jackson

Trade Klop for a pick :)
    He doesn't have much value at all...

Leave a comment:

• Flyboy
    replied
    Yeah, he did I believe. I don't think he was actually convicted though and what the specifics of the story was. I mean, Jamaal Brown is just getting clear of something similar but I don't know how similar the two stories are.

Leave a comment:

• Auron
    replied
    Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
    Look for the Saints to make a big move to get him, especially if that report is true that we offered a 4th Rounder for him over the weekend.
    I agree that the Saints could use him, but didn't he have assault charges against him last year for beating his wife?

doesn't seem like a guy the Saints would go after, but maybe there's more to the situation.

Leave a comment:

• HawkeyeFan
    replied
    Oh and I forgot Jackson, how could I!

Torry Holt
    Isaac Bruce
    Drew Bennett
    Randy McMichael
    Steven Jackson

Trade Klop for a pick :)

Leave a comment:

• Flyboy
    replied
    2nd Rounder on Klopfenstein, 3rd on Bryd.
    You just added extra reason and proved my point of why the Rams probably won't even pursue him. TWO first day picks on TEs; it would be foolish to do such a thing.

Leave a comment:

• HawkeyeFan
    replied
    2nd Rounder on Klopfenstein, 3rd on Bryd. I don't care, I want McMichael, he would bring another dimension to this offense.

Torry Holt
    Isaac Bruce
    Drew Bennett
    Randy McMichael

Wow.

Leave a comment:

• Sveen
    replied
    I'd take him to the Saints every day of the week :)

Leave a comment:

• Flyboy
    replied
    Pleaes go after McMichael Linehan!
    They just spent a 2nd rounder on Byrd.. I really don't feel like TE is an issue the Rams are worried about right now.

Leave a comment:

• HawkeyeFan
    replied
    Pleaes go after McMichael Linehan!

Leave a comment:

• Flyboy
    replied
    I'm with dia on this one. He'd give us another dimension to our offense and also potentially take away a need to be addressed in the draft. Either him or Eric Johnson (whom is reportedly visiting) would be nice to add.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information