Jake Delhomme Re-Signs...5 years, $42.5 million

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
    Unfortunately, there really was no decimal. Jake Delhomme re-signs... 5 years, $425 million dollars.

Take that A-Rod!
    You all got it wrong, it was 5 years, 425 million hot dogs.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      What...the....****?
      Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

What...the....****?
        My thoughts exactly. This is mind-boggling. "What is this I don't even..."

Five picks in the playoff loss last year, and he's 34. What were they thinking?

Comment

Where is Blindsite to tell us how amazing and brilliant this deal is?

Does this mean Carolina is officially not going to be grooming anyone for a while? Did they see the Arizona game?

Comment

cap move...

Comment

Originally posted by xooberon View Post
              cap move...
              A cap move would be to cut Jake Delhomme, not give him another 20 million dollars.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

A cap move would be to cut Jake Delhomme, not give him another 20 million dollars.
                It saves them cap space in the short-term...

Comment

Originally posted by jay cutler's #1 fan View Post
                  It saves them cap space in the short-term...
                  And gives them a ****** QB in the long term, lol.
                  Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

not really because then we wouldn't have a QB. i agree 20 million is too much, but it will at least save us some money so whatever. this deal's probably filled with a load of incentive deals as well, so it's not as bad as it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                      Silly Borat, you put the decimal in the wrong spot. It should read:

Jake Delhomme Re-signs... 5 years, $.425 million.

Basically an extravagant way of saying he signed a 5 year deal worth $425,000.
                      He deserves more like 42 dollars and 5 cents.

Comment

One year for every pick he threw in the playoff game.
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

This move annoys me. I've never thought Jake Delhomme was a good QB, so for the team to extend him and give him that much cash hits a nerve. The ONLY way this move gets justified is if they're clearing cap space to make a move that no one saw coming.

Comment

Originally posted by JPF View Post
                            This move annoys me. I've never thought Jake Delhomme was a good QB, so for the team to extend him and give him that much cash hits a nerve. The ONLY way this move gets justified is if they're clearing cap space to make a move that no one saw coming.
                            That move was probably just not trading Peppers.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                              That move was probably just not trading Peppers.
                              That would imply at some point they thought that a deal would actually be worked out to trade Peppers, and if that's the case they're bigger clowns than I thought.

Comment

20mill in guaranteed money isn't terrible for a middle of the road QB. Jake isn't going to win many games on his own and he'll probably cost us one or two in a season, but for the other 14 he's a good game manager and this will keep him in Carolina for the remainder of his career spending probably a bunch of those years (I think he's got MAX 2 years) on the bench.

From what I've heard the 42.5 million includes 20 million in straight bonus money which will be 4mill against the cap per year. The other 22 million is made up of base salary, LTBE bonuses (Which are always counted against the cap) and incentives.

42.5 is the maximum he can possibly cost the team over the next 5 years.

He's more likely to cost the team under 8.5 million a year which isn't that painful.

The team needed to sign him because he was heading into the final year of his deal and it frees up a bit of cap space to sign some draft picks.

This isn't a bad move for the team, it's not a move forward and I openly have stated my wish here fore a new QB, so save the homer hate, it's just a sideways move so the team has some form of security at Quarterback for the next few years and some added space to move around this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information