Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn, sucks for you guys.

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
    20mill in guaranteed money isn't terrible for a middle of the road QB.
    i wouldn't like giving 10 million guaranteed for a middle of the road qb.
    Last edited by Shahin; 04-23-2009, 04:24 PM.

RIP ST

Comment

Oh dear, Carolina.
      TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

this will keep him in Carolina for the remainder of his career spending probably a bunch of those years (I think he's got MAX 2 years) on the bench.

[...]

He's more likely to cost the team under 8.5 million a year which isn't that painful.
        So, you're advocating spending 8.5 p.a. on a backup QB at some point?
        TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

i wouldn't even call him a middle of the road qb, now that i think about it.

RIP ST

Comment

They'll cut him in 3 years, next year Panthers are going to draft a qb.

Comment

The Panthers resign Jake Delhomme for 5 years ...(chuckle)...

Comment

Blindsite, you're justifying giving a guy that based on your own post, you expect to cost you 2 games a year, isn't going to singlehandedly win you any games, and that won't start but 2 years of the contract 20 million guaranteed?

What color is the sky in your world?

Comment

Originally posted by JPF View Post
                  Blindsite, you're justifying giving a guy that based on your own post, you expect to cost you 2 games a year, isn't going to singlehandedly win you any games, and that won't start but 2 years of the contract 20 million guaranteed?

Panther Blue apparently...

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin View Post
                    damn, sucks for you guys.

i wouldn't like giving 10 million guaranteed for a middle of the road qb.
                    You must be pissed about Campbell then huh.

Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
                    So, you're advocating spending 8.5 p.a. on a backup QB at some point?
                    It won't be that much.

The contract figures released every year when someone signs include every single dollar that can possibly be earned in that period. There's likely clauses in their for playoff appearances, games played, yards, TDs, INTs, efficiency that he's never going to hit.

The only thing we know about his contract is the team will get hit with 4 million in cap money no matter what (pro-ration of the bonus) + whatever his base salary is, THEN whatever bonus he gets.

If he's a backup he'll likely cost 5.5 or 6 million which isn't too bad and thats only on the provision that the team doesn't extend him in that time or cut him altogether. All we know right now is Carolina has a serviceable QB in some capacity for 5 more years. How long he stays and how much he costs the team and in what capacity is unknown and isn't a reason the team's front office should be criticised.

Comment

Originally posted by JPF View Post

What I advocated was having some stability at the position for the next five years. I didn't say Delhomme was my savior or even that I WANTED him. Because I don't and I've posted extensively about that.

I'm saying the team is making a sideways move that is, staying put until something better comes along.

Like it or not, loving matt moore for what he did in two games doesn't immediately make him the option. Yeah I'd like to see him get a shot, but if he hasn't progressed or is plain and simple, not good enough than the team needs some security. Having Delhomme for 7-8.2 mill a year is a good move for the franchise no matter how you try to say it isn't. An average QB is better than no QB.

Comment

almost as ridonculous as kwame harris' contract last year

Comment

You must be pissed about Campbell then huh.
                          not a skins fan, just a Sean Taylor fan.

as a raiders and bengals fan, i have a lot more to be pissed about.

RIP ST

Comment

Like it or not, loving matt moore for what he did in two games doesn't immediately make him the option. Yeah I'd like to see him get a shot, but if he hasn't progressed or is plain and simple, not good enough than the team needs some security. Having Delhomme for 7-8.2 mill a year is a good move for the franchise no matter how you try to say it isn't. An average QB is better than no QB.
                            This has nothing to do with Matt Moore. I think he's a disaster waiting to happen and wish other Panther fans would get off that party line.

This has to do with you justifying giving a QB 20 mill guaranteed that clearly isn't worth anywhere near that much. And Jake Delhomme at this point, I wouldn't even call an average QB.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                              almost as ridonculous as kwame harris' contract last year
                              He had 2 bad games last year. One against Tampa and one against Arizona, it's not that terrible of a move to keep a known commodity when there's no affordable upgrade out there.

Comment

He had 2 bad games last year. One against Tampa and one against Arizona, it's not that terrible of a move to keep a known commodity when there's no affordable upgrade out there.
                                true but it is still a lot of money to put on a guy who isnt the focus of your offense anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information