No announcement yet.

Best/Worst 'Analysts'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like: Mayock, Davis, Casserly, Eisen, Schefter, hot chicks on NFLN and ESPN, Jaws, Clayton, Michael Smith, Troy Aikman when he gets a chance, Dan Marino, sometimes Phil Simms, sometimes Collinsworth, Tom Jackson.

Dislike: Skip Brainless, Tony Kornheiser, Steven A. Smith, Jamie Dukes, Deon Sanders, Keyshawn Johnson, Chris Berman, Mel Kiper, Boomer Esiason.

Comment

I don't really dislike any analyst enough to put them in an overall category. I don't like Phil Simms or Skip Bayless when they get angry (at times it seems like they only get angry just for attention). But both can be entertaining and bring interesting, thought provoking discussion to the table -- when they're not ranting, of course.

Everyone on NFLnetwork (besides Eisen) gets a little over the top, especially in regards to the rumors / small stuff (it's a network 100% devoted to a sport that is only "active" for 20 of the 52 weeks in a year -- what are you going to do, right?) and of course that's a little annoying. But even so, I don't share the Charles Davis, Jamie Dukes or Deon Sanders hate.

Collinsworth seems to be my favorite analyst. He's not grumpy, he's fairly professional & he generally knows what he's talking about.

my least favorite analyst is probably Keshawn Johnson(if you can even call him an analyst). His lack of overall knowledge for the majority of the subjects he discusses is astounding.

Comment

I really dislike Tom Waddell from NFLN. When him and Jamie Dukes done that show last year it was painful to watch. I like Mayock Brian Billick and I like watching Deion but he talks nonsense

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

I love Skip Bayless. Not because he is sensible, in fact, I disagree with most of the things he says. But he can make an argument out of anything. I think that's what they pay him for.

I also really like Todd McShay, even more so than Mel Kiper. I don't really dislike any analyst out there, as I have respect for all. I watched Hasselbeck and McShay debate on Mark Sanchez last night, and Hasselbeck certainly held his own, so I have a growing respect for him.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac076 View Post
            Like:

That new guy on NFLN who was showing off his NFL Draft Press Pass last night
            Do you mean this guy Steve Wyche? He use to work for the atlanta paper and unlike many people there. I've never had anything agianst him.

Comment

Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
              Do you mean this guy Steve Wyche? He use to work for the atlanta paper and unlike many people there. I've never had anything agianst him.

no not Wyche, the older guy with the his hair all slicked back who can barley put a sentence together.

Comment

The guys I hate the most: Charles Davis, Todd McShay, Jamie Dukes, Skip Blayless
                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

I like: Mayock, Casserly, Kiper, M. Smith, McShay, Billick, Davis, Schefter, Wilcotts, Mooch,

Dislike: Dukes, Bayless, Hodge, Dilfer, Sanders, Berman, Clayton.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

Like:

Eisen
                    Faulk
                    Mayok
                    Micheal Smith
                    Deion
                    Mooch
                    Casserly
                    Schefter
                    Billick
                    Dilfer

Dislike:

Mort
                    Boomer
                    Emmitt
                    Clayton
                    Bayless
                    Stephen "I love T.O" A. Smith
                    Jamie Dukes

Comment

God almighty... I don't mind Trent Dilfer. But he has a massive chubby for Mark Sanchez. He will not stop worshipping the ground where this guy walks.

Comment

Like:
                        Michael Smith
                        Deion Sanders
                        Ron Jaworski

Hate:
                        Skip Bayless

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Always like Michael A. Smith and Mark Schlereth. Not a big fan of Trent Dilfer or Tim "Repeat after you" Hassellbeck.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Byrd430 View Post
                            I love Skip Bayless. Not because he is sensible, in fact, I disagree with most of the things he says. But he can make an argument out of anything. I think that's what they pay him for.
                            It certainly is. Half the time I just want to smack his face off, but I don't strongly dislike him or anything. I'm not sure that he really is giving his true opinion most of the time, just doing his best to make it an interesting argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Flippityskip91 View Post
                              It certainly is. Half the time I just want to smack his face off, but I don't strongly dislike him or anything. I'm not sure that he really is giving his true opinion most of the time, just doing his best to make it an interesting argument.
                              I used to think Bayless was just a loud mouth, but he has some massive credentials. He has been around a long time, done a lot of really legit writing and reporting and so on.

Whether he comes across as incredibly arrogant or not, the guy knows his stuff.

Comment

I actually like McShay. I can't stand Merril Hodge, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information