No announcement yet.

Thomas Jones to Jets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Groovy. Jones will be the primary back in New York (which he deserves to be) and we dealt with one minor distraction. Plus we don't play the Jets for another 3 years so he won't be around to bother us.

I've been calling either Baltimore or New York for quite a while now for what it counts.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

It better be Wash's 2nd or we got hosed.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
        What do the Bears do now? They have two picks in the 30's . . . TE and OL?
        Knowing Angelo they'll probably trade down with one of those picks for more picks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear View Post
          It better be Wash's 2nd or we got hosed.
          It is. #37 for Jones and #63

credit to cardsalltheway

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
            What do the Bears do now? They have two picks in the 30's . . . TE and OL?
            All signs point to the Bears not needing a TE. Desmond Clark played extremely well for them last season.. my guess would OL, LB (to groom as a replacement for Briggs), and safety (Brandon Meriweather instantly comes to mind).
            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
              All signs point to the Bears not needing a TE. Desmond Clark played extremely well for them last season.. my guess would OL, LB (to groom as a replacement for Briggs), and safety (Brandon Meriweather instantly comes to mind).
              Michael Griffith all the way.
              Last edited by bearsfan_51; 03-05-2007, 06:53 PM.

Comment

The jets love RB's, dont they?

Sig by rainbeaukid2
                Originally posted by yodachu
                Everyone pwns the Rams.

Comment

Damn, forgot about Griffith. Either way, the point is still there... I think a safety will be one of the targets. Mike Brown has been pure paper lately which is a shame because he's a damn good player when healthy.
                  The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

This is a very good trade. The point value between 37 and 63 was about the value of a mid 3rd rounder, correct? Thomas Jones' value was at about a 3rd round pick, IMO.

Also, with Briggs likely to be traded, where the Bears would get an early first day pick likely, the Bears could end up with 3 picks in the 20-30's.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by BehrenMan007 View Post
                      It is. #37 for Jones and #63
                      That's a pretty nice value for the Bears. It equals to the 67th pick (3rd pick in the 3rd round) for those that are too lazy to use the value chart. Considering that most of us were simply asking for a 3rd, a high 3rd is a pretty nice coup for a guy with only one year left on his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                        This is a very good trade. The point value between 37 and 63 was about the value of a mid 3rd rounder, correct? Thomas Jones' value was at about a 3rd round pick, IMO.

Also, with Briggs likely to be traded, where the Bears would get an early first day pick likely, the Bears could end up with 3 picks in the 20-30's.
                        I'd say there is a 30% chance at best that Briggs will get traded. Don't be fooled by today's comments. He'll likely skip all of training camp and show up and make his money.

Comment

There IS always a chance that Briggs pulls a McCardell in Tampa so you never really know. I like this trade for both teams except one thing that bothers me is I'm not sure about Cedric Benson being the fulltime back. I mean, that was his calling card at UT but so far in the league he's had his case of the injuries.

Comment

very nice. I know i am probably alone in this one, but i actually hated playing Jones Twice a year and i am actually really glad it will be Benson and not him. I really think the Jets got the better end of this one.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                              very nice. I know i am probably alone in this one, but i actually hated playing Jones Twice a year and i am actually really glad it will be Benson and not him. I really think the Jets got the better end of this one.
                              The Bears got the value of a very high 3rd for a 28 year old runningback that would have left the team after this year. I'm not saying the Jets got a bad deal because Jones is a great player, but this is a great trade for the Bears.

Comment

Im glad to see him out of the North. I Can deal with a pounding running back but Thomas' speed killed us.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information