No announcement yet.

Thomas Jones to Jets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thomas Jones will be missed. He was a great veteran prescence and a consistent producer even when our passing game was nonexistent. In an ideal world we never would have drafted Benson in the first place, but we did so let the Cedric Benson era begin. We got good value in the trade and Jones gets a starring role in a young up and coming team. Bears and Jets should be very happy with the trade.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      The Bears got the value of a very high 3rd for a 28 year old runningback that would have left the team after this year. I'm not saying the Jets got a bad deal because Jones is a great player, but this is a great trade for the Bears.
      Well I'm also ecstatic, along with every other Jets fan I've talked to, so I guess if both teams fans are very happy its a win win. Great trade for both teams!

DChess...youre the man!

Comment

Nice pick up for the Jets. Seeing that the Bears pretty much had to trade Jones, it is a good trade for them too, practically picking up another 1st rounder.

Comment

The Bears got the value of a very high 3rd for a 28 year old runningback that would have left the team after this year. I'm not saying the Jets got a bad deal because Jones is a great player, but this is a great trade for the Bears.
          For the future it is, but I predict this will effect their offense immensly next year.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

It's a great deal for both teams, IMO.

Comment

I originally hated the idea of trading a first day pick for a runningback with so much mileage, but we're really only moving down a little bit. It gets my approval.

Comment

Jerry Angelo is GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A 2nd Round pick for him? Are you freaking kidding me, awesome trade, whoooaodhahoighoiahgohaoghoah!!!!

I'm so happy right now. I love TJ but a 2nd rounder, come on now.:D:D:D:D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear View Post
                  Thomas Jones will be missed. He was a great veteran prescence and a consistent producer even when our passing game was nonexistent. In an ideal world we never would have drafted Benson in the first place, but we did so let the Cedric Benson era begin. We got good value in the trade and Jones gets a starring role in a young up and coming team. Bears and Jets should be very happy with the trade.
                  How is it ideal to not have Benson? He's going to be a great back.

Comment

Eh, the Jets got the wrong Jones brother.

Comment

Oh and we gave up our 2nd Rounder too...Eh, I still really like the trade. I thought we got him straight up though, haha.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                        The jets love RB's, dont they?
                        if you're saying that they have many RB's.....they had 5 RB's on the roster goign into this offseason, Curtis Martin, Leon Washington, Cedric Houston, Kevan Barlow, and Derrick Blaylock....they cut barlow and blaylock.....curtis is likely to retire.....giving them leon and cedric, who are clearly not a great backfield....now with thomas jones, they have jones as the primary back, leon as a 3rd-down back and a change of pace RB due to his great speed, and cedric as an additional power back who would probably be a good back if he could stay healthy
                        JETS

Comment

Groovy. Jones will be the primary back in New York (which he deserves to be) and we dealt with one minor distraction. Plus we don't play the Jets for another 3 years so he won't be around to bother us.

I've been calling either Baltimore or New York for quite a while now for what it counts.
                          *Jotting note down in the NFLDC record books...bearsfan_51 can predict the future* :D

Comment

Heck of a trade for both sides. The Jets got a guy who can step in right now and has the mileage to likely maintain a high level of play for 3-4 years. The Bears got as good a value as could have been possible (early-mid 3rd, depending on the chart used). I'll miss Thomas, and I hope and pray that Benson is anywhere as good as Bears fans and Angelo/organization think. He really needs to stay in Chicago this offseason and learn the intricacies of being a pro back.

What will the Bears do with the picks now? I'd still look TE/WR (only one ...) or LB as the top of the list. It'll somewhat depend on how this Lance Briggs thing turns out. I'd look at S/OL next after that.

Jets get a guy who steps in right away, and they still have 2 2nd rounders. Sure, they drop a bit, but the value is fairly balanced from late 1st-3rd that they potentially don't lose out on that much.

Comment

If you ask me, Chicago got a bad deal. They lost their starting RB to move up what, 20 spots in this year's draft. I know Jones wanted out, but seriously, they must have been desperate to get rid of him. Oh well, one less team to scoop up Brian Leonard in the second.
                              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Knowing Angelo they'll probably trade down with one of those picks for more picks anyway.
                                I'd trade the #31 for a 2nd and a 4th.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information