Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GermanSaint View Post
    vilma for the saints 2nd rounder and some day two picks , i would agree
    I'm assuming you mean that, and your next two drafts as well, right?

I like the trade, I think Thomas Jones is going to be a nice back in aiding us to win, while we find out if Leon will ever be a feature back.

Assuming that we sign David Bowens/Kenyon Coleman to replace or aid Kimo at defensive end, the only thing we're looking at in the draft right now is a offensive tackle OR guard, and a 3-4 linebacker. That of course is with three picks within the top 70 now.

Designs by Thule

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
      If you ask me, Chicago got a bad deal. They lost their starting RB to move up what, 20 spots in this year's draft. I know Jones wanted out, but seriously, they must have been desperate to get rid of him. Oh well, one less team to scoop up Brian Leonard in the second.
      I am gonna have to agree. It seems like Chicago might have preferred to just acquire a pick straight up for him. Instead of simply upgrading their pick.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

If you ask me, Chicago got a bad deal. They lost their starting RB to move up what, 20 spots in this year's draft. I know Jones wanted out, but seriously, they must have been desperate to get rid of him. Oh well, one less team to scoop up Brian Leonard in the second.
        How is this a bad deal for the Bears? The point value is good, and with the pick we have from the Jets, we basically have another 1st Rounder (5th pick in the 2nd Round). I've been calling for Ced to be the man all year long and now he's that chance.

It's a great trade for both sides.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

From Angelo's perspective (not that I agree), the idea is to remove distractions and help solidify chemistry within the team to make a run (the problem with that thinking is trading Jones and having issues with Briggs isn't going to play well with the veterans in the locker room). Jones was leaving after next year anyways. And Angelo does have an ego and probably was partially motivated on account for wanting to get his guy in there in Benson.

Comment

So can we expect to see Adrian Peterson backing up Benson? or will they look to acquire a veteran in free agency?
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
              So can we expect to see Adrian Peterson backing up Benson? or will they look to acquire a veteran in free agency?
              We'll look at RB I think in the middle rounds. Possibly a Brandon Jackson or something.

I like AP and I think he's a very capable backup, but JA loves drafting for depth, so I see an RB being added in the draft sometime.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                Guess here is that they'll draft a young back. I wouldn't be surprised with someone like, say, Antonio Pittman or Lorenzo Booker, someone that will offer a change of pace to Benson in terms of running style.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma View Post
                  I'm assuming you mean that, and your next two drafts as well, right?

I like the trade, I think Thomas Jones is going to be a nice back in aiding us to win, while we find out if Leon will ever be a feature back.

Assuming that we sign David Bowens/Kenyon Coleman to replace or aid Kimo at defensive end, the only thing we're looking at in the draft right now is a offensive tackle OR guard, and a 3-4 linebacker. That of course is with three picks within the top 70 now.
                  and a CB, and then i wouldnt be surprised with a WR or TE particularly if Greg Olsen is left at 25
                  JETS

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                    Guess here is that they'll draft a young back. I wouldn't be surprised with someone like, say, Antonio Pittman or Lorenzo Booker, someone that will offer a change of pace to Benson in terms of running style.
                    I think they'd have to use the 37th to get Pittman, which seems unlikely given their needs, but I wouldn't mind it at all.

Peterson deserves to be the #2 IMO and the staff has said that is what they planned on doing (prior to the Jones trade). Then again people say a lot of stuff that isn't true before the draft so you never know.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      *Jotting note down in the NFLDC record books...bearsfan_51 can predict the future* :D
                      Well, half the future anyway.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I think Peterson will get a shot at more carries, but his skillset, I just don't believe, is diverse enough to balance out Benson. But eh, tis early so who knows. He's a nice solid 3rd stringer who, in the right situations, could be a capable 2nd stringer. I am just not sold on him having the skillset to be a solid 2nd stringer for us in terms of what we need out of a guy to balance Benson.

Comment

The Bears continue to make great moves. Both sides got what they wanted, and the Bears are really gonna have a good draft now, I can feel it.

Jerry Angelo is doing a terrific job over there. Barring injuries, I can see this team doing just as good if not better next year with a solid draft, which is almost a given with Angelo's track record.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                            They will not snake Lorenzo from the Pack.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I absolutely love the trade! We get an underrated back and don't lose any draft picks. Though we do lose position of a pick, I still love it! Jets Fans like what Management did! It's a miracle!

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

awesome move..didn't think the trade was too bad either..vilma stays with us, and now we can save that pick reserved for a RB for another position. downhill runner, im liking it.
                                "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information