Thomas Jones to Jets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    The Bears continue to make great moves. Both sides got what they wanted, and the Bears are really gonna have a good draft now, I can feel it.

Jerry Angelo is doing a terrific job over there. Barring injuries, I can see this team doing just as good if not better next year with a solid draft, which is almost a given with Angelo's track record.
    That's pretty optimistic. This could all blow up in our face if Benson turns out to be a bust. I doubt that will happen but their is still some uncertainty about him being the feature back. God I hope he lives to the hype of the #4 overall pick.

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear View Post
      That's pretty optimistic. This could all blow up in our face if Benson turns out to be a bust. I doubt that will happen but their is still some uncertainty about him being the feature back. God I hope he lives to the hype of the #4 overall pick.
      He never blew up before because he's a 25 carry back. You can't use him sporadically and expect results. He doesn't have the breakaway speed for that. Expect a big year out of him.

Im not necessarily saying they will make the SB again, but I think they definately will prove the haters wrong that they were a fluke team. They definately have the potential to make it back. Theyre a good team, with potential to be even better. Especially on offense, where their offense is underrated and developing. Add a TE or a WR opposite of Berrian from this draft, and you got yourself a complete team.
      Last edited by bigbluedefense; 03-05-2007, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Mark Bradley could be that complimenting WR if he can get back to 100%. But I'd like a big physical WR sometime in this draft. Like a Jarrett, Meachem, Baker, etc...

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by gio View Post
          awesome move..didn't think the trade was too bad either..vilma stays with us, and now we can save that pick reserved for a RB for another position. downhill runner, im liking it.
          Thomas Jones is NOT a downhill runner FYI... you'll see what i'm talking about when he plays... He dances way too much for my liking.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
            Mark Bradley could be that complimenting WR if he can get back to 100%. But I'd like a big physical WR sometime in this draft. Like a Jarrett, Meachem, Baker, etc...
            Would the Bears consider the TE from Miami? Clark is getting old, and he's slow.

Gonzalez could be had with the 2nd round pick they got now, I think he's gonna be a stud WR and a nice compliment to Berrian.

Comment

Would the Bears consider the TE from Miami? Clark is getting old, and he's slow.

Gonzalez could be had with the 2nd round pick they got now, I think he's gonna be a stud WR and a nice compliment to Berrian.
              Sidney Rice could probably be had at #37 too, and I would MUUUUUCH rather have him. Please see the Bears thread for my top 10 list, and feel free to offer your suggestions, opinions as well.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Seems like a fair deal on both sides. We'll get to see what Cedric Benson is all about.

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen
                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

people forget that we just spent a 2nd rounder (high 2nd rounder at that) on Mark Bradley... Anthony Gonzalez doesn't give us anything a healthy Bradley doesn't... A replacement for Moose (and Justin Gage) is what we need... think a big receiver like Dwayne Jarrett, Sidney Rice, Dallas Baker, in that order.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Gonzo isn't the type of WR we need though. We need another Moose type guy. A big, physical WR that can go over the middle, get out of press, and is a red zone target. We really don't need another burner. I like Gonzo too, but not for us.

IMO we'd take Miller before Olsen. Greg is a pass catching TE, but we'd need an all around TE like Miller for our system.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Wow, great move by the Jets.

The 37th overall pick isn't that far off from 1st round value, and the Jets could have had the chance to draft a stud left guard like Ben Grubbs or Aaron Sears, but to only have to trade 2nd round picks to get a legit RB like Thomas Jones is well done imo.

The Bears weren't going to re-sign Jones, so this allows them to get as described above a borderline 1st round pick - one they themselves could use to bring in talented youth to their offensive line - although I'm partly surprised they acquiesced for what they did. Then again, the draft value chart would indicate that Jones has a value of the 67th overall pick, the 3rd pick of the 3rd round, in this trade and that sounds more right than wrong.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Also an excellent day for fantasy football owners, we just got 3 more legit RBs in Travis Henry (Denver), Thomas Jones (New York Jets), and Cedric Benson (Chicago).
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                          Also an excellent day for fantasy football owners, we just got 3 more legit RBs in Travis Henry (Denver), Thomas Jones (New York Jets), and Cedric Benson (Chicago).
                          Very true. If all goes well, Benson could put up Ricky Williams like fantasty numbers, especially in the redzone.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

That is a good move for both teams, Bears move up and get rid of someone they really dont need and the jets get a good RB for a pick swap.
                            RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

I am one happy Jets fan.

Comment

Alright...so this is good for the Bills. Sets McGahee's trade value at at least a 2nd Rounder, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information