No announcement yet.

Thomas Jones to Jets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good trade for both teams. I think Jones will be a very effective back in New York.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

Great deal for the Jets. Benson betterr be able to carry the load.

Comment

On a side note, Jones holds the records for most yards in a playoff game, which he set this year against the Saints. Kinda odd that he's leaving with a record for a runningback considering the pedigree that this team has at the position historically.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

This is a steal for the Jets! Did Thomas Jones want out?

Comment

Excellent. Now we don't need Leonard, because he sorta worried me. Good trade!

Comment

Solid trade for both sides.

Jets get an every down back to pair up with the up and coming Leon Washington. Jones is what they need in the sense that he can grind it out for 25 carries a game and stil be effective late in games to play the style of football Mangini wants. If they continue to build that O-line with say a Blalock, Grubbs, or Sears....Jones could have a HUGE year.

Bears are catching on that the picks after #40 are not that valuable because the depth in this draft is weak. I love seeing this because I have been bashed for saying this draft is weak overall but here I am watching 3 of the best drafting teams in the NFL (Pats, Bears, Broncos) strengthining my point. They will get two more very solid players with 31 and 37 and if they decided to stay with defense, I could easily see Timmons and Nelson in Chicago which is downright scary if you think about it.
              Originally posted by Paul
              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

I don't really see how the value of the 67th pick is a steal when the Hawks and Cards couldn't get a 2nd for Edge or Alexander. It's a fine trade for the Jets, but a steal it is not.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  I don't really see how the value of the 67th pick is a steal when the Hawks and Cards couldn't get a 2nd for Edge or Alexander. It's a fine trade for the Jets, but a steal it is not.

For the reasons you've given it's a steal for the Bears.

sig by VLS
                  Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                  I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                    Mark Bradley could be that complimenting WR if he can get back to 100%
                    i agree completely, and davis could be a great #3 wr for them, which is why i think olsen would be a great pick if he was still there...

bradley has shown more then enough potential, but he hasnt been able to stay on the field, i think he could be approaching a breakout year...ive seen alot of him from college and he's a huge playmaker, he still hasnt reached his full potential so i dont see why the bears would want to go WR so early

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Very good news for the Jets, a proven every-down back is exactly what we need.

Comment

Olsen isn't a tight end. At least not in the Bears offense. He's way too thin. IF they draft Olsen (which he won't fall to 31 anyway and they won't trade up for him) they would have to completely reinvent their offense. It won't happen.

Comment

I don't like this trade for the Bears. The owners seem to be setting a precedent that they don't want to pay pivotal players on the team, tying this in with the Briggs situation (trade me or else). Another issue is that they already got to the Super Bowl last year. Who's gonna make a bigger difference, Jones or a rookie like Dwayne Jarrett or Greg Olsen? This team's goals seem to be out of whack in that they are contenders to win the NFC every year and now want to change the makeup of their offense from an elite two back system into a shaky one back contingent. This move could be like the Seahawks loss of Steve Hutchinson last year in that it really affects the offense and may cost them a game or two.

For the Jets, it's a no-brainer in that they still have a 2 2nd rounders and now have a stud RB. This team is really on the rise and with the Bills looking to shop McGahee and a possible rookie QB in Miami they could sneak into the playoffs again.

Comment

i like it. i've thought Thomas Jones was a solid back for a long time, and i don't have one objection to him coming to the Jets. solid pickup. plus, now its the end of that "rumor" of Vilma to the Jets, thank goodness

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                            You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gribble View Post
                              I don't like this trade for the Bears. The owners seem to be setting a precedent that they don't want to pay pivotal players on the team, tying this in with the Briggs situation (trade me or else). Another issue is that they already got to the Super Bowl last year. Who's gonna make a bigger difference, Jones or a rookie like Dwayne Jarrett or Greg Olsen? This team's goals seem to be out of whack in that they are contenders to win the NFC every year and now want to change the makeup of their offense from an elite two back system into a shaky one back contingent. This move could be like the Seahawks loss of Steve Hutchinson last year in that it really affects the offense and may cost them a game or two.

For the Jets, it's a no-brainer in that they still have a 2 2nd rounders and now have a stud RB. This team is really on the rise and with the Bills looking to shop McGahee and a possible rookie QB in Miami they could sneak into the playoffs again.
                              This move has nothing at all to do with money. They drafted Benson at #4, he's going into his third year, they're going to start him.

As for your other comments, the smart teams are the ones that plan for the long-term. The Pats and Eagles let players come and go all the time, they seem to do okay for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                Olsen isn't a tight end. At least not in the Bears offense. He's way too thin. IF they draft Olsen (which he won't fall to 31 anyway and they won't trade up for him) they would have to completely reinvent their offense. It won't happen.
                                I have to agree, of the top 2 Miller fits the Bears offense more than Olsen does.

sig by VLS
                                Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                                I don't care...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information