No announcement yet.

Thomas Jones to Jets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i also think leon washington will be more then just a 3rd down back, i could see him getting a little more carries then just on 3rd, he showed flashes last year, and with a great back in front of him i think his speed will be dangerous

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      i also think leon washington will be more then just a 3rd down back, i could see him getting a little more carries then just on 3rd, he showed flashes last year, and with a great back in front of him i think his speed will be dangerous
      He is also a big threat in the recieving game out of the backfield.

Bears fans, how is Thomas Jones as a reciever out of the backfield, because that's what Pennington likes to do?

Comment

• Has there been any news regarding the extension? Because I don't think the deal goes through until that happens.
        Originally posted by Paul
        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          Jones only would have been with the team for one more year anyway.

And all draft picks are unproven. You would take any player that has produced over a draft pick? As for being "forced" to play Benson, he would have started this year regardless. It's his third year in the league, if he's not ready now he never will be.
          Not convinced of that. It was pretty well known that he was the players choice to be the starting RB and that Benson has always been managements choice. You guys lost more than just a starting Rb IMO, you lost the heart and soul of that offense.

Benson is the biggest question mark in the league at RB, the guy hasn't even completed a single season injury free and he's going to start 16 games for ya ? PLUS pre season AND playoffs ??.....just a bad personel move IMO.
          If I were Chicago I'd have dumped the unproven Benson and kept the guy
          who the team loves and whose given me his heart and soul for the last 3 years.

As a Viking fan I have to say, without a proven running game, I think the Bears lost a step on the entire NFC.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
            He is also a big threat in the recieving game out of the backfield.

Bears fans, how is Thomas Jones as a reciever out of the backfield, because that's what Pennington likes to do?
            Jones is a very good reciever out of the backfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              The only downside, I suppose, is that Jones is going to get about 12-14 million guaranteed in his new contract. Which is not unreasonable for this market at all, but still a large chunk of change to give a 28 year old runningback as opposed to the small contracts that 2nd round picks demand.
              Seeing as we have so much unused cap, and pretty much no one left to sign, I hardly see it as a downside.

However, if we were going to lose out on a decent player or two, I would agree.

Comment

• 4 Years.
                20 Million total.
                12 Million in Guarantees.
                13.1 Million in the first two years

Comment

• zooomg whataaa steal

Comment

• Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                    4 Years.
                    20 Million total.
                    12 Million in Guarantees.
                    13.1 Million in the first two years

It's essentially the same deal Travis Henry got, only without the 5th year obligation and base salary.

Plus, look at it this way, Graham just got a 5 year 30 mil. dollar deal. So a stud RB like Jones is getting paid less than a mediocre TE like Graham.

Comment

• Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
                      As a Viking fan I have to say, without a proven running game, I think the Bears lost a step on the entire NFC.
                      Well the Vikings just gave a 5 year 15 million dollar deal to a guy we kicked to the curb and wouldn't let come back to sell peanuts so I'd still say we're a bit ahead in the dumbass moves department.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• This is Benson's chance to show them what he's really made of.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information