• Show
Clear All

• Sideways Seahawks De-Tag LeRoy Hill

Now he's a free agent. FML.
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

You can de-tag someone? Sick!

I kin haz linkz?
    Last edited by Sniper; 04-25-2009, 10:36 PM.

Comment

As long as that player hasn't signed the franchise tender, a team can always rescind the tag.

Excellent move by the Seahawks, exactly what I would have done after drafting Curry.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Ouch. Sucks to be LeRoy Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          You can de-tag someone? Sick!

I kin haz linkz?
          Saw it on NFLN. Now I guess they'll be going LB, LB in 2010. Just get as many 4-3 LBs as you can even though they make the least impact as any non-kicker position on the field.

Sideways move, and it's disgraceful. The team went 4-12 and somehow they didn't improve the team with the 4th pick in the draft.

Terrible.
          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

He's a stud for a team that didn't get themselves a SLB, maybe New England signs him to play inside next to Mayo?

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
              As long as that player hasn't signed the franchise tender, a team can always rescind the tag.

Excellent move by the Seahawks, exactly what I would have done after drafting Curry.
              How on earth is it a good move? They're already a bad defensive team and they're losing one of their most talented players. It's a sideways move.

Think about it- THEY COULD HAVE TRADED HILL for the exact same result. Stupid.
              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Ya hear that Bo Scaife?

Cook, Nelson, and Ingram are still available. You could be next!

Wonder who'll be suitors for Hill.
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Raiders will get him if Marshall liked him.
                  I need to get friends signed up on Lockerz.com to get more points. Costs you nothing. PM me email addy for invite.

Comment

With the pats passing on rey rey a bunch of times and having Bruschi as their only ILB to play next to Mayo I could see the pats getting on this quick.

Comment

Hmm... think he could play 4-3 MLB? Looks like the Lions won't get their MLB in the draft. THey could reunite him and Julian Peterson.

Comment

Aaron Curry is coming for you LeRoy. Watch your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                          How on earth is it a good move? They're already a bad defensive team and they're losing one of their most talented players. It's a sideways move.

Think about it- THEY COULD HAVE TRADED HILL for the exact same result. Stupid.
                          Trade him to who for what? What 4-3 team is going to be interested, really?

He was overpaid with the franchise tag, but now the Hawks don't have WAY too much money invested in 3 linebackers. They went younger, faster and better with Aaron Curry.

Plus now Hill enters the market after the Draft when teams have spent most of their money already and could fill their needs with rookies. For all you know the Seahawks could lock him up at a much cheaper price because of that.

Otherwise, you just have to cut your losses and look toward the future.
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I wonder if he can play the middle? Detroit needs one, haha.
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.
                            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

The Bills need a SLB. Plus, we have a lot of money freed up with Peters gone...

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                              my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                              But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information