Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which new 3-4 team will have the most success?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which new 3-4 team will have the most success?

The ones I'm thinking of are Green Bay, Denver, and KC. I don't think I'm forgetting any.

IMO Green Bay will have the most success. They seem to have more pieces in place, a better secondary, and had the best draft from a 3-4 front 7 perspective with the best NT and one of the best 3-4 LBs.

KC got two potential 5-techs but really overdrafted Jackson. And I don't think much of Magee either, but then I don't like Purdue defensive players.

Denver got Robert Ayers and that is about it. I really thought they'd focus more on D, specifically front 7, than they did. If I was a Broncos fan I would be pretty disappointed with this draft.

I'll agree with Green Bay, but I think we have had a thread like this before

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

KC is in a transition year. I doubt they line up every play with a 30 front. They must first feel out via camp who fits where and what we be best this year for the team, so I am guessing they run 40 fronts 65%+ of the time.
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I think Ayers ends up playing end in the 3-4. Watch once he starts working out he is gonna beef up to 285-290. He is just to slow to play Olb.

Packers have the best set up at Lb, but there front is lacking. They got the NT, but DE is going to be a question mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
          I'll agree with Green Bay, but I think we have had a thread like this before
          If we did I missed it. I checked the front NFL page for a thread like this first...

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
            I think Ayers ends up playing end in the 3-4. Watch once he starts working out he is gonna beef up to 285-290. He is just to slow to play Olb.

Packers have the best set up at Lb, but there front is lacking. They got the NT, but DE is going to be a question mark.
            Cullen Jenkins should absolutely beast in the 3-4
            I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

Definitely not the Broncos because Mike Nolan doesn't run a 3-4, he runs what he likes to call the "Big Nickel" with 5 defensive backs every play and linebackers playing 10 yards off of the LoS

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                Definitely not the Broncos because Mike Nolan doesn't run a 3-4, he runs what he likes to call the "Big Nickel" with 5 defensive backs every play and linebackers playing 10 yards off of the LoS
                isn't that like the 3-3-5 then.

Comment

I think Green Bay has be the choice. Not fully because they may have improved through the draft the most or had the some pieces before hand, but Denver and Kansas City have done less.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

The Packers for sure due to sheer talent. With Raji commanding the nose and linebackers like Barnett, Hawk and Matthews- they will be very good

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Hard to argue with the Packers at this point. If Kampen makes a succesful transition then it should rival for one of the better 3-4 defenses in the league.
                      Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Green bay for sure- they have the nose tackle, solid linebacker corps, a great but old secondary, and solid 5 techs. Denver will probably have the toughest transition but look for big things from Elvis Dummerville.

Comment

Ill say Green Bay as well. They have an excellent offense especially the passing offense. Now that they have a NT and a LB that fits the 34 scheme more I can see them doing better this year and better than the other new 3-4 scheme teams.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

it has to be green bay no doubt. i think there front seven is far better than either kansas or denver. i dont think de is going to be that much of an issue, like someone said they have cullen jenkins, who i think is better suited to a 3-4. Then they have justin harell who i think will play left end, they used the 16th overall pick or something not so long ago and he aint had the chance to play yet.

The issue is if kampman can adjust to play standing up, and he will prove this season that he can.

both kansas and denver dont have the right players to run a 3-4. but my guess is that denver will have the worst defense of them all.

Comment

I don't see how anyone could possibly choose Denver of Kansas City over Green Bay.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information