What happens to Julius Peppers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens to Julius Peppers?

Any news on if and when he is getting signed or traded?

If so, who makes the move. There is an article (purely speculation) that the 49ers would make sense in a trade for Peppers. What is the take from Panther fans and other fans of the NFL?

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...%20and%20Q%26A
    Die hard 49ers fan for over 20 years.

I don't think anyone is willing to give up the first and a third it would take to bring him in due to his current franchise status.

And even if with Panthers are willing to sign him and trade him for less than that, he'll surely want a long term deal in the range of Albert Haynesworth....and amount of money that many teams either don't have or aren't willing to pony up this time of year.

I bet he plays another year in Carolina, they franchise him again next year, and then trade him for anything they can get early next year.

Comment

Like BeerBaron said, the demands are too high and no one is desperate enough to pay that. I expect a holdout, he loses some money after being fined then proceeds to play for Carolina. I can see maybe New England giving up maybe 2 second rounders since they have that luxury.

Comment

if i was peppers... i would just stay in carolina...
        that is the team that made him the 2nd pick overall and where he has made a name for himself... he also was a standout at unc...
        its not like the panthers are a bad team... i guess that terrible loss to zona is still bitter in his mouth but you know, the panthers have just the same a chance as the patriots... but i guess with less money

but heck, its all about the money nowadays

Go Ravens!

Comment

The Chiefs have two second round picks and crazy cap room lets make a deal...:)

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
            Doesn't Peppers have to waive his No Trade Clause? KC doesn't have a shot.

Comment

He'll live happily ever after.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                Well, the 49ers have two 1st rounders next year.. One of them happens to be the Panthers 1st.
                Die hard 49ers fan for over 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief49er View Post
                  Well, the 49ers have two 1st rounders next year.. One of them happens to be the Panthers 1st.
                  Haha how ironic would it be if the Niners traded the Panthers their own first back for Peppers...that would be legendary
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                    Haha how ironic would it be if the Niners traded the Panthers their own first back for Peppers...that would be legendary
                    the panthers wouldve traded peppers for Brown, that would never happen. ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
                      the panthers wouldve traded peppers for Brown, that would never happen. ever.
                      It'd still be pretty cool if they did.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

He hasn't signed his franchise tender, correct? It was my understanding that until he signs that he can't be traded. The team can't even talk to other teams about potential trades. Is that correct?

I have a friend who is a Panthers fan and he was ranting about how stupid and selfish he's being.

Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                          He hasn't signed his franchise tender, correct? It was my understanding that until he signs that he can't be traded. The team can't even talk to other teams about potential trades. Is that correct?

I have a friend who is a Panthers fan and he was ranting about how stupid and selfish he's being.
                          that's pretty much it. He refuses to sign the tender, but the Panthers have to save the cap space for that tender. They aren't allowed to trade him, all they get to do is withdraw the tender (making him a FA) or wait for him to do so. No trade talk until that tender has a signature.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

I'm seeing quite a few misconceptions here......

For 1, until he signs the tender, Peppers is technically a free agent. It's just that if anyone signs him, they'd have to give up a first and a third. So he's free to negotiate contract terms with teams right now. If he finds a good deal, then the team can talk to the Panthers about trading for him (and trying to give up less than a 1st and a 3rd for all that money Peppers will want.) If they reach a deal, Peppers can sign his tender, be traded and then sign his new deal.

Or at least thats how I believe it all works. Something along those lines.

Now that the Niners have been brought up.....that would be intersting if they skipped the trade route, signed Peppers to a blockbuster deal and gave the Panthers own first rounder back plus a 3rd. That'd be a sick move for the 49ers....The Panthers would either have to pay a whole lot of money to match the deal and lock up Peppers, or let him walk for basically pennies.

But Peppers will likely want Hayneworth kind of money and like I mentioned above, I doubt any team gives that to him now.

Comment

teams cant ask to trade for him if he didnt sign the tender, thats how it works i believe

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information