McNabb a future Hall of Famer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Addict View Post
    he's got a good chance, although obviously we don't know what he'll have around him a year from now... :D
    It can't be any better than what they could've had (Boldin) this year, can it?

Comment

I think its important to remember how he influenced the game...not that he was the first ever QB to run prolifically (Steve Young, Randall Cunningham) but he was one of the guys who ushered in that new era of a mobile athletic QB...He has great numbers, has led his team to a SB, and like I said, he influenced the game in a great way, so I can definitely see him getting in someday.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
        He definately shouldn't get in before someone like Gannon IMO. McNabb has put up good numbers and has led the team to everything but winning a superbowl. If he keeps at this pace (Maclin and Peters can only make things better) then he might get in at some point. Not a first balloter, but one of those 65 year old guys that gets in.

If he gets in before TD and Atwater, I am boycotting the HoF
        He definitely should get in before Gannon. Gannon was a good QB, but McNabb is way better than him, and thats no homer on my part.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

I don't think he is a HOF QB. The Eagles were clearly the dominent NFC team of the early 2000's and they won 1 Championship over that period failing year after year to advance to the SB. During this period, the Eagles were the only NFC team to have a franchise QB in McNabb but he rarely got them over the hump.
          To make to the HOF, he will have to win a SB IMO or at least get there 1 or 2 more times.
          And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            I think its important to remember how he influenced the game...not that he was the first ever QB to run prolifically (Steve Young, Randall Cunningham) but he was one of the guys who ushered in that new era of a mobile athletic QB...He has great numbers, has led his team to a SB, and like I said, he influenced the game in a great way, so I can definitely see him getting in someday.
            That's actually a very valid point, that and to be honest the guy hasn't had much help over his career. There are so many QB's who I won't name who IMO are in the HOF because they played with 5+ HOF's on their offense alone.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

^^^ Agreed.

I think his influence and achievements should get him in.
              That of course is assuming he continues to play at a high level for the next couple of years.
              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Mobile QBs was never an era... it's a fad that comes and goes.

When it comes down to the eyeball test for McNabb, he's not a Hall of Famer.

Comment

he's not getting in unless they allow more inductees every year. with all the crap with art monk, i just don't see him ever getting in.
                  SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                  Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

McNabb would be in the Hall of Very Good right now but not sure of the Hall of Fame. He needs to get to another Super Bowl IMO and then we'll see. He can still get to the Hall of Fame though.

Getting to the NFCC 5 times is very nice, but only 1 win in those and that was with a relatively weak NFC most of those times (All of those teams lost in the super bowl except the Bucs)

In his defense, I will say that he is probably the greatest Philly Eagle of all-time. He's brought them more playoff wins than anyone else and gotten closer to a super bowl ring than anyone else. That's gotta count for something.

He's never had great WR's to throw to (exception of TO) but his teams always have a solid D and he does have Westbrook.

He's borderline to me right now. You could argue that he gets in after a couple more solid years and I wouldn't mind. He's better than some QB's that are in the HoF.

Comment

Basically I think he's got a chance if he wins a title. If not, I don't think he gets in.

Comment

I think for him to get in, he needs more than a couple solid years. I don't think the status quo for McNabb is Hall of Fame worthy, even if he stays at that level for 5 more years. I think he needs to up his game quite a bit to become a Hall of Famer.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                          Mobile QBs was never an era... it's a fad that comes and goes.

When it comes down to the eyeball test for McNabb, he's not a Hall of Famer.
                          I think it's funny you call it a "fad." It isn't an era because there aren't enough QB's who can run and pass. Mcnabb is one of the few who could do that. You'd be lucky to get more than 3 QB's a decade with the type of mobility and arm combination Mcnabb possesses.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                            I think it's funny you call it a "fad." It isn't an era because there aren't enough QB's who can run and pass. Mcnabb is one of the few who could do that. You'd be lucky to get more than 3 QB's a decade with the type of mobility and arm combination Mcnabb possesses.
                            It's a fad because everytime a team finds someone successful at it ie Randall Cunningham or Michael Vick, teams, fans, and the media start looking for QBs who can run as opposed to just looking for QBs.

You're right... very few players can do it, but that has not stopped the hysteria from taking over the league from time to time.

By the way, how much does McNabb really run anymore? It seems like he's almost a pure pocket passer at this point.

Comment

I think he should be. McNabb has done way more for his team than most QBs. His problem is that he team hasn't done much for him. How many years have we heard the same thing about the Eagles? It's always,"Man if they can get Donovan some weapons the Eagles can be a Super Bowl contender." Even with that Donovan has kept the Eagles afloat in many years when he didn't have much on the Eagles offense. Westbrook is fine and dandy, but you need more than him. Donovan's only problem is his team. If Donovan played on a team with a better O, and a solid D he would've had his ring by now.

If you ask me Donovan McNabb is leaps and bounds the quarterback that Ben Roethlisberger is, but people are putting Ben in already. I'm no Big Ben basher. I like that guy alot, but just because he had a great drive in the Super Bowl doesn't mean he's a Hall of Famer. If that's the case then Larry Brown should be a HoF corner. Big Ben struggled mightily all last season, and I think he even held the Steelers back last year at times. Maybe he'll step his game up to be considered a Hof since he's still really young, but right now he's just a decent bus driver with an all time great defense. If Donovan played for the Steelers they would have done the same thing. The difference would be that their offense wouldn't have been a burden until the playoffs. You can make the exact same argument for other Super Bowl winning teams of recent. Put Donovan on the Giants, Colts, Patriots, Bucs, and Ravens, and they'll still win the Super Bowl. Donovan is about as good as you can get at the quarterback position. He shouldn't miss the Hall because of his team. Plus someone also mentioned Jim Kelly early on in this thread. They've both had about the same amount of success, and there's no doubt that Jim's team was better than Donovan's.
                              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

The excuse I hear whenever people talk about potential HOF guys from the Jaguars is "It's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Very Good".

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information