McNabb a future Hall of Famer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
    The excuse I hear whenever people talk about potential HOF guys from the Jaguars is "It's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Very Good".
    your point, nobody should get in as long as no jaguars have proven worthy?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

- One of 6 players in NFL history to have amassed over 25,000 passing yards (29,320) and 3,000 rushing yards (3,109)
      Just pointed that out. I'm not sure who the other 5 are but I would guess Cunningham, Elway, Young, two others lol. Pretty solid group off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
        Just pointed that out. I'm not sure who the other 5 are but I would guess Cunningham, Elway, Young, two others lol. Pretty solid group off the top of my head.
        Tarkenton?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Meh, I don't think so. He gets hurt a lot, has thrown over 30 TDs once, and over 20 only 4. Never won a ring, never won an MVP...

Comment

- Became the 4th-fastest QB in NFL history to reach the 50-win plateau in just 71 starts, vs. Bal. (10/31/04)
            That's pretty damn impressive for being hurt a lot.

- In his first full season as a NFL starter in 2000, McNabb finished second in the Associated Press MVP voting (24-11) to St. Louis RB Marshall Faulk, who set the NFL record for most TDs scored in a season.
            - Five NFC Championship Games (1-4) Joined Ken Stabler (Raiders), Jim Kelly (Bills) and Troy Aikman (Cowboys), in 2004, as the only QBs since 1970 to take their teams to four or more consecutive conference championship games.
            At a certain point you have to look past the lack of rings and awards. It's not like he hasn't come close at all. He got the the NFCCG six times! SIX! And he finished second to Faulk (Future HOF) one year.

Comment

Like I said, the difference between McNabb and Jim Kelly is not all that much...

Follow Me on Twitter!
              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                your point, nobody should get in as long as no jaguars have proven worthy?
                Reading comprehension. McNabb, like the best Jaguars so far, is just very good.

The Hall of Fame isn't a place for players that are only very good.

Comment

Reading comprehension. McNabb, like the best Jaguars so far, is just very good.

The Hall of Fame isn't a place for players that are only very good.
                  how about some comprehensive writing from your side as well. I couldn't honestly tell if you were complaining about people disregarding the Jags or claiming McNabb was just very good.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

If you think McNabb is just very good, what is your prototype for a HOF QB?

Comment

A championship would definitely help, but I still believe with a few more years of good production for McNabb and he should warrant serious consideration. He most likely won't be a first ballot hall of famer, but I could see him getting in one day.

Comment

Also, McNabb fails the snap decision test, which goes something like this.

"Does Donovin McNabb deserve a spot in Canton?"

If you can't decisively say "yes" within three seconds, he's only borderline at best. And I doubt anyone can decisively answer yes to that question without convincing themselves first.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                          If you think McNabb is just very good, what is your prototype for a HOF QB?
                          Well, my minimum prereq is that the quarterback has to have been arguably the best in the NFL for some period of time.

And I can't convince myself that McNabb has ever been better then either Peyton Manning or, since 2003, Tom Brady.

Comment

Also, McNabb fails the snap decision test, which goes something like this.

"Does Donovin McNabb deserve a spot in Canton?"

If you can't decisively say "yes" within three seconds, he's only borderline at best. And I doubt anyone can decisively answer yes to that question without convincing themselves first.
                            It's because we're bringing up the topic before his career is over leaving much more to be desired because of his past accomplishments. If his career ended today, he wouldn't be in atleast for a long while if at all. We're talking about 5 years down the road with solid production. By then I dont think you can argue against a QB that has played for 14 years with at the very least 6 NFCCG appearences. I'm not sure you know how rare/difficult that is since we've been spoiled with the Bradys, Aikmans, Youngs in recent history. I almost want to go as far as bringing in Elway and Favre. All of this guys are sure fire hall of famers that I mentioned and I think subconciously we're comparing McNabb to them.

Comment

Well, my minimum prereq is that the quarterback has to have been arguably the best in the NFL for some period of time.

And I can't convince myself that McNabb has ever been better then either Peyton Manning or, since 2003, Tom Brady.
                              See post above.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                                It's a fad because everytime a team finds someone successful at it ie Randall Cunningham or Michael Vick, teams, fans, and the media start looking for QBs who can run as opposed to just looking for QBs.

You're right... very few players can do it, but that has not stopped the hysteria from taking over the league from time to time.

By the way, how much does McNabb really run anymore? It seems like he's almost a pure pocket passer at this point.
                                McNabb has lost a bit of his mobility due to injuries and scheme, but when he was younger, he was a legitimate dual threat QB. I do think that the influence he had on the game will assist him in getting in. That Eagles team is perpetually good, and now that he has some legit weapons down there, probably better then he has ever had, I can see him having a few big years.

For me, another question I ask myself when considering McNabb is "Is he a franchise QB? Has be provided his team with 10 years of great play?" The answer to that is yes. So for 10 years, Philly hasnt had to re-evaluate their situation at QB...I think McNabb gets in eventually. There are worse players in the HoF then McNabb.
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information