No announcement yet.

McNabb a future Hall of Famer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When people are posting Jim Kelly and Warren Moon's numbers, are they including their numbers from the Canadian Football League for Moon and the USFL for Kelly?

Especially for Moon, it makes a huge difference.

McNabb, to me, is a very good QB, but he's not a hall of fame QB. And I think Steve McNair is in the same boat... but McNair in my opinion was better than McNabb

Hall of Fame QBs currently playing include Brady, Manning, and Warner

Comment

no it doesnt. This is the NFL not the CFL or USFL

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
        no it doesnt. This is the NFL not the CFL or USFL
        It's the Pro Football Hall of Fame

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
          It's the Pro Football Hall of Fame
          yes for the NFL. No one cares what Milt Stegal is doing at the CFL. Dont kid yourself. It also says World Champions although its only in America.

Comment

McNabb has been a relatively consistent regular season winner, but his performance in big time games has been poor. Until he makes the Super Bowl 2 more times and wins 1, he has no shot of making the HOF. He has been a great franchise player for the Eagles, but his lack of winning in the clutch will haunt his legacy.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
              Lol you have to be kidding. Look at the stats buddy, McNabb will smash Simms numbers.

Phil Simms- 14 seasons
              33,462 career passing yards
              199 Touchdown Passes
              157 interceptions
              sacked 477 times
              349 rushing attempts
              1,252 rushing yards and 6 touchdowns

Donovan McNabb- 10 seasons
              29,320 passing yards
              194 touchdown passes
              90 interceptions
              sacked 322 times
              536 rushing attempts
              3,109 rushing yards and 26 touchdowns

All that in 4 less seasons. Yeah, Phil Simms is a shoe in if McNabb makes it in! Sorry thats wrong and I wish that thing didn't have a smiley face.

I'd take Simms any day over McNabb. McNabb isn't a big game QB, and you're going to put him in the HOF??! HAHAHA Stop stat throwing and watch these games. He is a good QB, but HOFer. Hell no! What has McNabb done? Win a big game, and win a superbowl, and then we will talk. 3 ints and 3 Tds in the superbowl isn't going to cut it. Not to mention he is not the smartest QB out there. McNabb had poor clock management on that final drive of the superbowl, and looked completely winded. Not to mention that overtime rule, where he didn't know it ended with a tie. Another time he lined up under guard! UNDER GUARD, not under center! I have picture somewhere on my computer. He is what he is, and that's a good QB. He is no even close to a hall of famer. If there was a Hall of very good, he'd be in there, I have no issue with that. I respect him as a QB, but like I said if McNabb gets in, then Simms should be ahead of him, of nothing, based on being a big game qb, and having superbowl rings.

Not only that you can't compare two different QBs in different eras anyways.

He may have done well statistically, but when it comes to a big game, he is last on the list I will take as a QB.

Comment

Simms 2
                McNabb 0

Simms = Winner

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
                  Simms 2
                  McNabb 0

Simms = Winner
                  Trent Dilfer 1
                  Dan Marino 0

Trent Dilfer=Winner?

Simms wouldn't have even come close if he had ridiculously ****** WRs like McNabb has had.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                    Trent Dilfer 1
                    Dan Marino 0

Trent Dilfer=Winner?

Simms wouldn't have even come close if he had ridiculously ****** WRs like McNabb has had.
                    Simms didn't have studs by any means. We had McConkey, and other guys, but Bavaro was the true stud, who I always thought was sick, and one of the best TEs. But again you are comparing two different QBs in 2 different eras.

And there stats are comparable, Dilfer and Marino aren't so let's not get carried away here.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                      Simms didn't have studs by any means. We had McConkey, and other guys, but Bavaro was the true stud, who I always thought was sick, and one of the best TEs. But again you are comparing two different QBs in 2 different eras.
                      And I bet that you'd still take McConkey, Bavaro and company over Fredex, Lost It In The Lights, Trash and the plethora of **** that Donovan's had. Don't you find it slightly ironic that he made it to within 3 points of a SB win during the lone year where had a legitimate #1 target?

And there stats are comparable, Dilfer and Marino aren't so let's not get carried away here.
                      While their stats are comparable, Malaka's point was that Simms was automatically better due to his two SB wins. It's the same thing we go through when we debate Brady vs. Manning. While I'm a Brady fan, his rings edge isn't the be-all, end-all of debatable points. That is, unless you think Terry Bradshaw's the greatest QB ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                        And I bet that you'd still take McConkey, Bavaro and company over Fredex, Lost It In The Lights, Trash and the plethora of **** that Donovan's had.

While their stats are comparable, Malaka's point was that Simms was automatically better due to his two SB wins. It's the same thing we go through when we debate Brady vs. Manning. While I'm a Brady fan, his rings edge isn't the be-all, end-all of debatable points. That is, unless you think Terry Bradshaw's the greatest QB ever.

Well I always liked McConkey, but these guys weren't good in the traditional sense. They played much harder and higher than their talent level. Think of Rudy of ND. Kind of like those type of guys we had back then. We had no superstars.

We did have good RBs, but Westbrook I'd consider better than the ones we had from what I can remember. I was 5 and 10 years old when we won the 2 superbowls.

Yeah well superbowls don't automatically mean you make it, but i think of it as a huge bonus. So if your stats are close or somehow comparable that superbowl puts you over the top.

No, I get your point, but my point was to the other eagles fan who thought it would be crazy to take Simms over McNabb in the hall of fame. As if I advocated Dilfer over Marino. Simms and McNabb have similar stats, and Simms was a big game player, who has 2 rings, and set a superbowl record, and playoff record. He was also a superbowl MVP too. I don't think it's crazy to say if McNabb got in, that Simms should be before him.

Comment

No matter what you say about it, McNabb has had 1 good big game (2004 vs. Atlanta), 2 okay big games (2001 vs. St. Louis + last year vs. Arizona), and 3 crappy big games (2002 vs. Tampa, 2003 vs. Carolina, and 2004 vs. NE). His record in big games is 1-5. He has shown poor clock management, poor decision making, and poor accuracy at times in the losses. Gamers rise above in big spots. McNabb gets the team there, but he hasn't been able to rise above. Period. I love the guy, but his record in the spotlight is clear.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

T.O was better than any receiver Simms had, and McNabb also choked in that game in 04'. Bavaro was the only great receiver he had and he was a TE, McConkey was decent but it was more due to his hustle than anything else.

Trent Dilfer and Marino are not even close statistically McNabb and Simms are. So don't give me the whole Dilfer>Marino? crapola.

The Giants back then won because of their defense, and the fact Simms manage to lead the team in the playoffs. McNabb has so far proved unable to do this.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

I respect McNabb as a player even though he is on a division rival, but I just don't think he is a hall of famer. He is a damn good player though.

When I think of him I think of a great player when alot of side issues. Clock Management issues, throwing up on the field, being douche ( going to the Giants bench and picking up the phone to make a call), lining up being the guard instead of the center, and then not knowing the overtime rules. Didn't his mom start making head lines with her damn blogs too???

He also isn't a big game qb. He still is a great player, but when you think of HOF qbs, for the most part, McNabb doesn't come to mind. I think I like him more than alot of the Eagles fans do. I have respect for a guy who can play in front of a fan base that seems to kill him at some point every year.
                              Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG; 07-14-2009, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Andy Reid is a Fat **** (FF) Looooossssseeeerrrr
                                McNabb is a Fat choker overthrowing unnecessarily hard passer with the accuracy of a one eyed autistic man and has the intelligence and decision making skills of a dirty pair of socks.

I'm an Eagles fan.
                                Isn't this pathetic?
                                I've loved this team for so long and followed them for so long knowing every player, size of player(no ****), and history and college of the players on this team.
                                For so long now I've cared to much and I'm always let down and dissapointed and crushed with this team.. And I relize How dumb Lurie is, how annoying Reid is (who could have been somebody if he didn't have a stupid pass pass pass mentality) and how much of a overated asshole McNabb is
                                Last edited by NBA; 07-14-2009, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information