Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should be done about players demanding trades?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should be done about players demanding trades?

With recent news of yet another player demanding a trade while under contract, that player being Darnell Dockett of the Arizona Cardinals. It seems to me that players that demand trades should be held accountable. There are way to many guys holding out, demanding trades and just being greedy A-holes.

I think the NFL should put a rule into play that lowers a players possible future contact for demanding a trade while in contract with his current team.
    Die hard 49ers fan for over 20 years.

Dockett has 3 years left he needs to just shut up

Comment

I don't think there is anything more they can do than what the Bengal's GM is doing now with Ochocinco...don't trade him. He is under contract. The player can demand a trade until they turn blue and it doesn't have to happen.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
      Originally posted by BaLLiN72
      i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
      Originally posted by Job
      NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

The NFL is not going to do anything about it in my opinion. It is entirely within a players right to demand a trade (ie a pay rise). I'm sure if any of us thought that our services to our employers were worth more than we were getting paid we would ask for a pay raise.

Comment

Its their fault for signing the contract 6 years ago, when at the time it was valued high. Now 3 years later they complain, because now its not top dollar anymore compared to other players. They can shut the **** up, they knew this was going to happen. They should have signed a shorter contract then, if they didn't want the long term safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief49er View Post
            With recent news of yet another player demanding a trade while under contract, that player being Darnell Dockett of the Arizona Cardinals. It seems to me that players that demand trades should be held accountable. There are way to many guys holding out, demanding trades and just being greedy A-holes.

I think the NFL should put a rule into play that lowers a players possible future contact for demanding a trade while in contract with his current team.
            I think NFL teams should take care of their players when it makes sense. Do you really want to be stingy with a guy like Dockett? There is a fine line between treating players like it is a business and treating players like humans.

Look at the Eagles for instance, they treat all their players as $$$$ and as "value". How do you let a guy like Brian Dawkins walk for chump change when he can still play? This is one of the reasons I don't think Philly will even win a superbowl. They will be successfull and go to the NFC championship every couple of years but I don't see them coming through.

Smart teams know when to take care of their guys and when you treat it like a business it creates a negative feel in the locker and guys start to worry. It does have a trickle down affect with the team and its fans.

The Eagles took a major PR hit with the Brian Dawkins departure and I think they should. Keep watching Shawn Andrews he signed a long term deal for peanuts and that situation is going to keep brewing.

Comment

I think it's completely fine. It's a bunch of BS that a team can find ways to manipulate their way out of paying their players when they rake in hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue, and when players very much deserving of raises ask for them, it's all of a sudden a cancer to the team. Screw that.

Comment

The NFL can not and should not do anything about it. It's between players, their agents and the team, not the NFL

Comment

Nothing, if a player isn't happy playing for a certain team any more, leave it up to the team, the player and the agent.

No way in heck should the NFL get more involved than they already were with teams and players.
                  | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Dockett has 3 years left on his contract. The Cardinals don't have to trade him and they most certainly won't. If he wants to ***** and complain for 3 years, fine, go ahead, but he's not going to be moved.

Players like Dockett are really only hurting themselves when they demand trades and they don't happen. What are they going to do if they don't get traded? Hold out the entire season? I don't think so. These guys have to play to make money, and if they aren't traded they have to play or else they won't get more money than they are already making most likely.

For the Cardinals, to me this shows who is really loyal to the team. Both Q and Dockett don't show up and claim they're "injured." Then there's guys like Karlos Dansby and Adrian Wilson who want better contracts, but actually show up and participate with the team. To me, those are the guys I want resigned, not these egotistical players that care more about how much money they make rather than the actual game.

To answer your original question, the NFL shouldn't intervene with these types of things. It's really between the player, agent, and the team as has already been said.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I say shoot em.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                        Dockett has 3 years left he needs to just shut up
                        I dont know what you said as I am too busy starting at your sig.

If a player is unhappy, I'll gladly exchange paychecks with him and we'll see how much he likes it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Nothing. They signed a contract and they should honor it, that simple.

Nowhere else could you demand anything under contract and expect to get what you want like professional sports. It's getting out of hand.

Originally posted by fenikz
                          His soft D really turns me off
                          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Teams don't honor contracts and routinely ask players to renegotiate their contracts. I don't have a problem with a player who feels underpaid demanding more money or a trade. It's the only leverage they have. NFL careers are typically very short. And these guys retire with long-term physical issues because of the pounding they take. I don't think any of these guys are overpaid. Especially compared to other leagues (baseball and basketball in particular).
                            Pioli Will Lead, I Will Follow!

Custom Promotional Products | Personalized Tote Bags

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                              Its their fault for signing the contract 6 years ago, when at the time it was valued high. Now 3 years later they complain, because now its not top dollar anymore compared to other players. They can shut the **** up, they knew this was going to happen. They should have signed a shorter contract then, if they didn't want the long term safety.
                              Let me guess: you have no problem with the team cutting the player after 3 years or forcing them to restructure their contract?

It's a two-way street.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information