Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerney to the Seahawks

'HAWKS CATCH KERNEY

"Adam Schefter of the NFL Network and Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com report that the Seattle Seahawks have signed defensive end Patrick Kerney to a six-year, $39.5 million contract.

The deal includes a whopping $19.5 million in guaranteed money. The average value is $6.58 million per year.

Kerney was courted by the Broncos before visiting the Seahawks. He voided the remainder of his deal with the Falcons after the deadline for using the franchise tag had passed.

Glazer writes that former Falcons coach Jim Mora, who is now on the Seahawks' staff, was among the contingent that flew from Seattle to Atlanta to get the deal done."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

congrats seahawk fans.

It seems like the good teams take care of the OL and DL.

Comment

I don't really understand this. Why do the Seahawks want to keep Tapp off the field even more? Not too steep a price for this year either... especially considering that he will probably never see all that money, I doubt he even plays another six years.

Comment

I don't understand why we would give hi so much damn guaranteed money. Terrible IMO, he isn't that good anymore.
        "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Kerney and Winstrom are easily the most over-paid set of ends in the NFL.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

sorry ment to erase this post.

Comment

i still think it is a good signing, kerney can still play

Comment

f***. Now we're screwed for next season on the DL

Comment

Wow, the $ given out so far is crazy

Comment

Kerney will fit in very well with that defense. I like the persona that Seattle is building a defense with....Tatupu, Peterson, Winstrom, Kerney....all guys who hard hard working, team oriented, fiesty playmakers that get the most out of their bodies.

I did cringe when I say the guaranteed money, how old is he??
                    Originally posted by Paul
                    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                      Kerney will fit in very well with that defense. I like the persona that Seattle is building a defense with....Tatupu, Peterson, Winstrom, Kerney....all guys who hard hard working, team oriented, fiesty playmakers that get the most out of their bodies.

I did cringe when I say the guaranteed money, how old is he??
                      30 years old I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                        f***. Now we're screwed for next season on the DL
                        We still have El Drafto. Since we got Henry, we won't be looking for Lynch. We might try to trade up for a guy like Okoye, Carriker or Branch. Or we can probably stay put and nab DE in round 1 and DT in round 2.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Tapp will hardly be kept off the field. Kerney should be playing as LE, while Tapp would be RE. He just has to manage to beat out Wistrom in camp, which shouldn't be a problem.

The guaranteed money does seem a bit steep, but in reality, we have quite a bit of money, and considering we won't be trading him, this'll be alright. Though Reinfeldt is gone, I'm positive they still have some good stipulations set into this contract, so it should be fine. I think it's a solid signing, and I'm glad they're at least bringing people in, regardless of age.
                          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post

I did cringe when I saw the guaranteed money, how old is he??
                            Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
                            30 years old I believe.
                            Which is why he wasn't pursued by the team, if he wanted to be in Atlanta he would've taken their standing offer. I'm glad he cashed in for his sake, but I am glad it wasn't with the Falcons. That is; that the team didn't overpay to retain him.

Comment

I was hoping the hawks wouldnt buy into this splurging trend, and I have to say that we could've done better. We now have three aging DL and one future starter.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
                              Originally posted by yodachu
                              Everyone pwns the Rams.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information