No announcement yet.

Fictional General Manager Q and A

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minnesota: Do you feel that this is the season you'll be able to cast magic missile?

bonekrusher on the sig magic
    <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
    <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Dallas: What are your expectations from the receiving core post TO?

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
        Carolina: How long do you think the Panthers should wait until replacing Jake Delhomme? Obviously he still has some years left but it's never too early to prepare, right?
        Matt Moore appears to be the heir apparent and Delhomme's extension shows the team feels he can continue as a starter into his mid 30s. Realistically there is a need for an upgrade if the team is ever to chase down another superbowl appearance.

Delhomme is capable of winning games, but if there came an opportunity to pick up the future at the position the team will likely jump on it. Based on the class in the draft, where the panthers were picking and the free agent class an upgrade was not available with the ammunition the Panthers had.

There's a need for a future, just not the capacity to acquire that future.

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
        Carolina, how much does Delhome's success factor into next season?
        The team still plans to continue it's run first philosophy with the money and draft picks spent primarily on the running game the offense will run through the ground.

Delhomme still needs to produce, and contrary to popular belief he has been spreading the ball around under Davidson, with the receiving abilities of the backs and tight ends it's expected for a slightly shorter passing game to be implemented as opposed to the more coryell system the team has become known for. If Delhomme Falters the team will suffer, but hopefully the running game will produce with enough effect to continue the dominant offensive performance from last season.

Greenbay: What form of defensive backfield can we expect to see under the new scheme?

Comment

Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
          Minnesota: Do you feel that this is the season you'll be able to cast magic missile?
          and if we may, a follow up: Do you believe you will cast Magic Missile against the darkness?

Comment

Cincinnati: If Marvin Lewis fails to make the playoffs this year, will it be his last season?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
            @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
              Green Bay: How do you see the Packers making the transition to the 3-4.
              Do you want the extended version other than fairly well? Good cause that's what you're getting. Most teams have the bump they hit on the way to a successful 3-4 but I don't see Green Bay hitting as big as a bump. Obviously drafting Raji and Matthews helps a lot but we did have some players on our roster capable of switching such as Cullen Jenkins and Ryan Pickett. The biggest thing we're gonna have to track is Kampman's progress as an OLB. The coaches have said they think he will thrive in it. Hawk and Barnett inside should be good fits but we don't actually know until we see it. There will be some difficulties and miscues but I think they transition better than other teams have. Not to mentions the coaching staff they brought in which may be the biggest component to the switch. If there's anyone that can set you on the right track in the transition to the 3-4, it's Dom Capers. He also brought Kevin Greene along with him to guide the OLB. I'm optimistic about the change and that seems to be the general consensus.

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
              Green Bay: Are you gonna ask Brady Poppinga to grow out his hair so your linebacking core could look like the Hansens on steroids?
              Yes. Aaron Kampman as well. Mmm bop bitches.

Originally posted by Strongside View Post
              GB: Why did you sign so many UDFA WR? Seems like you already have very, very good depth. And which WR will likely make the roster?
              I couldn't tell you why we brought in so many WR to be honest. My best guess would be for drills purposes during minicamp. Can't hurt if one overly impresses the coaching staff. The WR that has the best chance if any at all would be Jamarko Simmons out of Western Michigan, Greg Jennings' alumn. He seems to be head and shoulders over the other WR we brought in but like you said, with the depth it will be very unlikely. He could make the practice squad though and step in as our 5th if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                Cincinnati: If Marvin Lewis fails to make the playoffs this year, will it be his last season?
                Depends on the circumstances. The fan base knows Marvin isn't perfect but a bulk of our anger and blame goes to Mike Brown. Marvin also has Brown's full support, as was shown after last season.

7-9 or better and I think he's a near lock to be here for the final season of his contract. Whether that's right or wrong, that's the way the owner views things. A decent amount of the problems we've had have been due to moves made my Brown. Marvin's hiring of Mike Zimmer as DC has been GREAT to this point.

In short, it would take another season like the last one for Marvin to get canned. I think it's fairly unlikely he's not our coach in 2010.

Comment

Atlanta "The playoffs showed some weaknesses in the team's offensive unit and it's likely that teams will be more ready to face White, Turner and Ryan after having 16 games to study the trio more closely what, if anything will be done to ensure Ryan doesn't regress and the offense continues to be effective?"

There will be no sneaking up on teams next year and I am sure they have had plenty of time to study our offensive formations and trends. However, I am confident in the ability of our offense to continue working to get better; they were in the first year of a scheme run by Mularkey and with the work ethic of many of the members on offense, I am sure they will move closer towards perfection. And oh, how about adding a HoF TE, bitches!
                  -Tom Dmitroff

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                    Tampa Bay: With three talented quarterbacks on the roster how long into the next season will it be before Freeman is given a start should McCown or Leftwich falter?
                    Luke McCown is our #1 going into training camp and I expect him to keep that title for the majority of the team. We are coming off a 9-7 season and I fully expect Luke to give this team the option at QB to keep us competitive throughout the season. It is our goal to let Josh absorb as much as he can in his first season. We don't want to throw him out there before he is ready. If he gets through camp and we find out that he is ready game #1 we might consider it. But at this stage I expect to see McCown under center for the majority of the season.

Comment

Philadelphia- How were you able to pwn the draft so badly?

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                        Its just Karma, Philly never ends up winning a Superbowl

Comment

Come back in 3 years, atleast. Remember the Cowboys looked good on paper too.

Comment

Cincinnati- Since when do you have a clue on how to draft?

Comment

Jerry Reese's mojo has rubbed off on the iggles.

Comment

Everyone- Why do you guys hate the raiders and dont ask any fictional q's :(

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information