Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cb rankings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Switch Asante Samuel with Sheldon Brown.

    Sheldon Brown hardly gets any recognition

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
      I'm curious as to why you think this
      I watched both play this year almost every single week (TiVO and sunday ticket) and IMO Rogers is the better cover corner, harder hitter and better tackler of the 2. THe only nock on him is his hands. Rogers has terrible hands and that's what most people base their opinions on when deciding these things...

      I think all this love for Revis started when everyone heard Rex Ryan say that "He was happy to have the best CB in the NFL on his team" which is complete BS because while he's top 10, maybe even top 5, he's not the best CB in the league. But because there's so many bandwagon posters on this board it will be the consensus.

      Comment


      • #78
        i hate the bandwagon argument. if someone jumps on a bandwagon he has reasons. prove those reasons wrong.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
          i hate the bandwagon argument. if someone jumps on a bandwagon he has reasons. prove those reasons wrong.
          1. having a good S above him limits teams from throwing deep
          2. He was in the Patriots type system, all their CBs look good
          3. There is no way he is the best CB, give me Aso or Woodson over him

          thoses are just 3 reasons as to why Revis isn't the best CB.

          Comment


          • #80
            oh im not getting in this discussion, i just hate the argument.

            although the Safeties were subpar, but i dont think anyone would take him over Aso

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by jsagan77 View Post
              I watched both play this year almost every single week (TiVO and sunday ticket) and IMO Rogers is the better cover corner, harder hitter and better tackler of the 2. THe only nock on him is his hands. Rogers has terrible hands and that's what most people base their opinions on when deciding these things...

              I think all this love for Revis started when everyone heard Rex Ryan say that "He was happy to have the best CB in the NFL on his team" which is complete BS because while he's top 10, maybe even top 5, he's not the best CB in the league. But because there's so many bandwagon posters on this board it will be the consensus.
              haha, yeah, that must be what happens. You obviously have followed these discussions for a while now......

              Fact is, i'm not so sure anyone takes what a new coach says seriously, because like any coach they will pump up their own team and players. No one argues that Aso isn't the top corner. You make it sound like that is what people are saying, when they aren't. Get off your bandwagon talk because there isn't a bandwagon saying he is #1. Similarly, just because people disagree that Rogers isn't > than Revis, doesn't mean that you are some great lone wolf and are right just because you throw out some 'bandwagon' statement. My guess is that you aren't the only person on here who watches lots of football.

              Any time a corner has bad hands, the person standing up for them claims that INTs are the primary basis for ranking a CB and that holds them back because they don't get any. Fact is, many guys don't get lots of INTs but are considered the tops. However, a guy of equal ability who DOES make the INT is going to be considered the better corner. Looking just at the numbers isn't enough because each corner is thrown at a different number of times, on different routes, with different help, in a different scheme percentage.

              You are entitled to your opinion, and i agree that Rogers is underrated and I believe is a top 10 kind of guy. However, i think that Revis is above him, and his INTs have come at BIG moments in games and have determined the outcome at the end of a few games. INTs counted in those moments.

              I don't like when any Jets player starts getting lots of love, and i don't stand up for them just because they are a Jets player. Your opinion is your opinion, that is fine, but i don't agree with your 2nd paragraph reasoning, that's all.


              Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

              Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
              You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
                Switch Asante Samuel with Sheldon Brown.

                Sheldon Brown hardly gets any recognition
                Sheldon Brown is still praying Plax doesn't sign with the skins or cowboys.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
                  Sheldon Brown is still praying Plax doesn't sign with the skins or cowboys.
                  Fact: Plaxico shot himself in the leg because he was too afraid of Sheldon

                  He just doesnt want Plaxico to shot himself again

                  Comment


                  • #84

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by jsagan77 View Post
                      I think all this love for Revis started when everyone heard Rex Ryan say that "He was happy to have the best CB in the NFL on his team" which is complete BS because while he's top 10, maybe even top 5, he's not the best CB in the league. But because there's so many bandwagon posters on this board it will be the consensus.
                      He's not "maybe in top 5." He is in the top 5. He had, arguably, the best season of anyone at CB. You see what he did to Randy Moss? One-on-one coverage all day, pretty much every single play, and Moss had 5 catches for 48 yards and 1 TD in 2 games. The 1 TD came against Dwight Lowery in of the few cases they didn't go up against each other. Moss is Revis' *****.
                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                      Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                      I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                      Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                      iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                      Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                      I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                      Originally posted by GoRavens
                      Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                        2. He was in the Patriots type system, all their CBs look good
                        No they don't, the Jets CBs outside of Revis were so bad they brought Ty Law out of retirement

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X

                        Debug Information