Best CB tandem 07-08 season?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
    IMO it isn't really close either. I still think Lucas and Gamble are the best duo as well.
    You haven't watched many Panthers games did you? Chris Gamble is not good. Lucas is though, when he was healthy, which he wasn't last year. I think it would be best if Gamble is replaced by Marshall. Either way, they were not that good last year, i.e anywhere near an elite tandem.
    Last edited by Shiver; 03-06-2007, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Well I mIght have said Niners(clements,harris & Spencer) as next rated to Champ and Bly,i'll take my word back and just wait till season starts but Champ and bly are the best rite now(on paper,yet to be seen) next to them are ,Asamougha and Washington ,got to show this guys some Luv coz they did hav the best Pass defense with Huff and Stuart in that mix,but will never rule out Chris Mc and Samari Rolle(Ravens ,they are studs)

Comment

i dont see how anyone could actually argue against bailey and bly.....bailey is better then anyone and bly pre-cover two scheme in det. was a top CB aslo....bates the broncos new Dcordinator runs man to man..which bly is great in....

Comment

I actually think Youboty and McGee are going to develop into a very good, young corner duo.

Comment

Cowboys have to be up there, with the added pressure we will get with Wad'es shemes, Newman and Henry will be even more dominant. Henry is a good CB and could be a #1, just he was hurt last year, and we have Newman.

Comment

I'll throw out two teams CB depth that I like (not saying they are the best):

Atlanta - Look, I'm not a big fan of Jimmy Williams. That said, I won't deny there isn't talent there, and Zimmer did use a similar talent in Henry (and Williams is arguably more physically gifted). If Jimmy can become a solid guy, paired with DeAngelo, that will free up the defense to do more.

Seattle - A lot of injury issues that cloud the picture, but if healthy, I still like Marcus Trufant a lot (albeit, he has to take that next step), and they have capable options across from him, with the two Kelly's.

Comment

bly has been the #1 corner most of his career, his position now will only make him better...he's been a pro bowler before, with a great defense, and the best opposite corner you can have, taking #2 wr's, id say denver will be pretty close to shut down if they can get some pressure on the qb....

cant wait for denver to face cincy and indy again

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Harris And Woodson!

Bly doesnt even want to be in Denver.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    bly has been the #1 corner most of his career, his position now will only make him better...he's been a pro bowler before, with a great defense, and the best opposite corner you can have, taking #2 wr's, id say denver will be pretty close to shut down if they can get some pressure on the qb....

cant wait for denver to face cincy and indy again
                    exactly...if we get a DE in the draft we will be good to go.....im hoping dumerville wins the starting job this year...along with a rookie DE....we will have alot of pressure if that happens

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                      Harris And Woodson!

Bly doesnt even want to be in Denver.
                      that was before we gave him a contract extension

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
                        that was before we gave him a contract extension

Really I never saw that you gave him one, ok Im going to kind of be a homer and say Al Harris/Charles Woodson tie with Champ Bailey/Dry Bly

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

I think Bly is going to dissapoint. Kind of like when we got Samari Rolle and everyone was saying CMac and Rolle would be the best CB duo.

Comment

Bly is overrated

Comment

1.Denver

2.Everyone else

I think Pittsburgh is a sleeper with Mcfadden and Ike Taylor if they are coached up by Tomlin.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                              Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

well i heard and read a rumor about us sending bly and a 1st and 2nd for springs and their 1st....so broncos=Bly,1st,2nd for Wash=Springs and 1st

while i DO think bly is the bigger playmaker when springs is healthy i think he is the better corner....but having the 6th overall would be nice, we could def. get gaines adams that way

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information