Rams cut Tinoisamoa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
    Those are DBs, but I don't het the whole glove thing either... What does it matter?
    It doesn't, they just look cooler. The taped fingers on the cowboys DB look good to, though.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Not a bad run for this UH Warrior alum. Not bad at all. Funny how he and Travis Laboy played together at Hawaii, both got big extensions recently and both got cut this offseason.

This seems like salary cap casualty more than anything. Pisa is one of the underrated LBs in the league. I can't believe he doesn't fit Spag's scheme but Kavika Pittman did in NY.
      I think you mean Kawika Mitchell?

And this move surprised me as well. I thought he was one of their better defenders. I'm chalking it up to cap as well, because that defense cannot afford to be losing good players.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
        Those are DBs, but I don't het the whole glove thing either... What does it matter?
        Well, Ronnie doesn't wear gloves half of the time and he seems to do just fine. I know that's offense, but I don't think it really matters to be honest.

(Sorry, had to do it!) :)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Very good move for us! Pisa was admittedly overrated by myself and other Rams fans. When we didn't have Witherspoon, Pisa was our "guy". He was one the player that lead our team in tackles, that on paper appeared to be our heart and soul. And then we got Witherspoon, and we all thought that Pisa and Witherspoon is going to be a beast combination. Boy was I wrong, I was in that state of my fanmanship that I thought that stats meant everything. Boy was I wrong, after getting Witherspoon, Pisa has been IRed I believe two times, and the more I watch of Pisa, the more I get pissed. He makes tackles downfield, he misses tackles more often than not, he can't cover Tight Ends, and he said in an interview that he didn't play for the team, or his fellow players or fans, but that he plays for himself, his family, his friends and his native people. Which, pride or not, you've got to play for your team, not yourself.

He'll be a fine back-up, but his body is way to beat up, and he's to small to start right now. If he can get up to 230lbs or so, maybe. But for now, he's rumored to play at 215 - 220 lbs, which is way to small.

Pisa will be a solid back-up, but fans whom have seen greatness and good players on there team, won't approve of that label on Pisa. Solid, but not good.
          | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Witherspoon and Pisa are both WILLs, and Witherspoon is clearly better. I think they tried running Pisa at SAM in mini-camps, must not have worked out.

Also, as far as no-gloved athletes go, Mark Grace > everyone else.

Comment

He is visiting with the Bills tomorrow if anyone is interested. He is overrated, but I like it for the right price. He would be a nice upgrade to Ellison.
              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                Really Rams? Are you really in any position to be getting rid of your best LB?
                No, which is why they didn't (Witherspoon reference). With Witherspoon moving back to the weak side, and Pisa not having the versatility to compete elsewhere, this move was in the cards for a while. The Rams don't have to spend $4 million against the cap for a back-up linebacker, which is what Pisa would be on this team. He wasn't an ideal fit for Spags' scheme, so he's out. The move allows the Rams a bit more cap room, which they could use if someone strikes their fancy as rosters are cut down later in the year.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information