No announcement yet.

What is your divisions All-Pro team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the AFC North on the whole. But ive gotta say...Willis McGahee>Willie Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
      I agree with the AFC North on the whole. But ive gotta say...Willis McGahee>Willie Parker.
      Willie has done a heckuva lot more in this league than Willis. In terms of bankable accomplishments, "Ohmygod did you SEE that knee injury" is still probably at the top of McGahee's list, whereas Willie has actually built himself a pretty shiny resume.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
        Willie has done a heckuva lot more in this league than Willis. In terms of bankable accomplishments, "Ohmygod did you SEE that knee injury" is still probably at the top of McGahee's list, whereas Willie has actually built himself a pretty shiny resume.
        True true. I like Willie allot, and he's done allot for the Steelers. I just think he's kind of run out of steam the last season and a half.

I hope he proves me wrong :p

Comment

AFC North has an epic pair of S's lol.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
            Bryant>White. White will probably outproduce him this year though.

Gonzalez>Winslow but Winslow will probably outproduce him.

Blalock and McClure? I lol'd.

Gaines Adams is gonna blow up this year. Abraham is beginning his decline. I think Adams will prove the better player this year.

Phillips is the best SS in the division if he moves back there. Right now he's being tried out at LB.
            We have had the Bryant and White debate. We will just agree to disagree.

Winslow outproducing Gonzalez may be a push; he could be relied on as a safety valve more often for the inexperienced Bucs QBs.

I don't understand whats to lol about McClure, especially over Faine. Jeff Faine was impressive in allowing 2.0 sacks and being penalized twice (2 holding calls), but McClure allowed 0.0 sacks and was penalized twice (0 holding calls) while being center for the team that was 2nd in rushing and allowed 17 sacks.

As for Blalock...I would change that to Jahri Evans (I forgot about him). Sears and Blalock could be a push though. Blalock was penalized 8 times and allowed 3 sacks while Sears was penalized 6 times and allowed 4.5 sacks. I can see why you would prefer Sears though.

I am not really sure what prompted you to say that Abraham is beginning his decline. Sure, he just had his 31st birthday, but regardless, he is still coming off of a career year. Estimating production out of Abraham is difficult, but in the past 2 seasons, he has started 32/32 games and has registered 26.5 sacks. This is not to say that Adams won't outproduce him though; I like Adams skill set and its only a matter of time before he puts it all together.

Phillips has always been an underrated player in my mind (he does a good job against the Falcons), but how is he the best SS in the division when he isn't even going to stay SS and another SS in the division has racked up 166 tackles, 2 interceptions, and 10 forced fumbles over the course of the last 2 years? Chris Harris is a beast.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

For the NFC West Justin Smith> Chris Long at this point.
              Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                NFC South

QB - Drew Brees (Saints)
                RB - Michael Turner (Falcons)
                FB - Ovie Mughelli (Falcons)
                WR - Steve Smith (Panthers)
                WR - Roddy White (Falcons)
                TE - Tony Gonzalez (Falcons)
                LT: Jordan Gross (Panthers)
                LG: Davin Joseph (Bucs)
                C: Jeff Faine (Bucs)
                RG: Jahri Evans (Saints)
                RT: Jeff Otah (Panthers)

DE: Julius Peppers (Panthers)
                DT: Jonathan Babineaux (Falcons)
                DT: Sedrick Ellis (Saints)
                DE: John Abraham (Falcons)
                LB: Barrett Ruud (Bucs)
                LB: Jonathan Vilma (Saints)
                LB: Jon Beason (Panthers)
                CB: Chris Gamble (Panthers)
                CB: Richard Marshall (Panthers)
                FS: Tanard Jackson (Bucs)
                SS: Chris Harris (Panthers)

This would make 8 Panthers, 6 Falcons, 4 Bucs, and 4 Saints.
                The NFC South's DT's are terrible.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus2602 View Post
                  AFC South

QB - Peyton Manning - Colts
                  RB - Maurice Jones-Drew - Jaguars
                  FB - Greg Jones - Jaguars
                  WR - Andre Johnson - Texans
                  WR - Reggie Wayne - Colts
                  TE - Dallas Clark - Colts
                  LT - Michael Roos - Titans
                  LG - Vince Manuwai - Jaguars
                  C - Kevin Mawae - Titans
                  RG - Jake Scott - Titans
                  RT - David Stewart - Titans

LE - Mario Williams - Texans
                  DT - John Henderson - Jaguars
                  DT - Tony Brown - Titans
                  RE - Dwight Freeney - Colts
                  WLB - David Thornton - Titans
                  MLB - DeMeco Ryans - Texans
                  SLB - Keith Bullock - Titans
                  CB - Cortland Finnegan - Titans
                  CB - Rashean Mathis - Jaguars
                  FS - Michael Griffin - Titans
                  SS - Bob Sanders - Colts
                  I approve this one.

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen
                  <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                    The NFC South's DT's are terrible.
                    Got nothing on the AFC west...the whole front four is terrible.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                    Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                    i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                    Originally posted by Job
                    NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                      I thought it was the other way around. Right Outside Linebacker is behind the Right Defensive End, and Left Outside Linebacker is behind the Left Defensive End.

Ugh, I gotta check Madden...
                      Exactley, and RDE are usually the Weakwide DE and LDE are the Strongwide DE and therefore ROLB=WLB and LOLB=SLB
                      I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

NFC East
                        QB - Eli Manning/Donovan McNabb (I'd take eli over donovan, but that's probably because McNabb is always able to find a way to blow it in the playoffs while eli has proven himself to be one of the clutchest QBs in the league)
                        RB - Westy/Portis/Jacobs (had to go with that trio, westy's the best weapon, Portis the best all around back and Jacobs the most punishing runner/goal line back)
                        FB - Madison Hedgecock
                        WR - Roy Williams, Santana Moss and Desean Jackson (although I expect this list to change by next season with Thomas, Maclin, Nicks and Barden making an impact)
                        TE - Jason Witten
                        LT - David Diehl (wow does the east suck at LT, Samuels injuries have made him less of a player, Flozell is pretty much done and Peters just had one of the worst seasons I've ever scene from a tackle, and having been in buffalo that whole time I watched every painful whiff)
                        LG - Leonard Davis (him and Snee are the top two guards in teh east and both play RG so one of them will have to move to LG for this team)
                        C - O'Hara (I go with the smart vet over the bigger and stronger Gurode and Jackson because he's so huge to our oline consistency with his calls and smarts)
                        RG - Snee
                        RT - Shawn Andrews (only until Beatty pushes Diehl to RT though :p )

DE - Justin Tuck/Trent Cole
                        DT - Albert Haynesworth
                        DT - Jay Ratliff/Bunkley/Robbens (all three are coming off great seasons)
                        DE - Osi Umenyiora

OLB - DeMarcus Ware
                        MLB - London Fletcher (because AP got fat and Stewart wasn't as impressive was expected last year)
                        OLB - Michael Boley (didn't think Gaither/Jordan of the iggles were good enough although they're young, Rocky's been too mediocre despite his tools and none of the cowboys LBs outside of Ware and James fit a 4-3)

CB - Corey Webster
                        CB - Shelden Brown
                        CB - Carlos Rogers/Terrance Newman/Asante Samuel (Newman can't stay healthy, Rogers' ball skills are on par with Will Allen's and he isn't better than Brown and Webster in coverage, against the run or at jamming to make up for it, Asante is a playmaker who isn't on the other guys' level as a cover corner)
                        S - Laron Landry
                        S - Quentin Mickell (although by next year Kenny Phillips will have a legit case.

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                          We have had the Bryant and White debate. We will just agree to disagree.

Winslow outproducing Gonzalez may be a push; he could be relied on as a safety valve more often for the inexperienced Bucs QBs.

I don't understand whats to lol about McClure, especially over Faine. Jeff Faine was impressive in allowing 2.0 sacks and being penalized twice (2 holding calls), but McClure allowed 0.0 sacks and was penalized twice (0 holding calls) while being center for the team that was 2nd in rushing and allowed 17 sacks.

As for Blalock...I would change that to Jahri Evans (I forgot about him). Sears and Blalock could be a push though. Blalock was penalized 8 times and allowed 3 sacks while Sears was penalized 6 times and allowed 4.5 sacks. I can see why you would prefer Sears though.

I am not really sure what prompted you to say that Abraham is beginning his decline. Sure, he just had his 31st birthday, but regardless, he is still coming off of a career year. Estimating production out of Abraham is difficult, but in the past 2 seasons, he has started 32/32 games and has registered 26.5 sacks. This is not to say that Adams won't outproduce him though; I like Adams skill set and its only a matter of time before he puts it all together.

Phillips has always been an underrated player in my mind (he does a good job against the Falcons), but how is he the best SS in the division when he isn't even going to stay SS and another SS in the division has racked up 166 tackles, 2 interceptions, and 10 forced fumbles over the course of the last 2 years? Chris Harris is a beast.
                          I don't like to go off stats for OLine. I've never seen anyone put McClure ahead of Faine so it was a bit of a shock to me. If you really think he's that great...then fine, because Faine is a bit overrated.

I've said this before, but I'm surprised that Sears has 4.5 sacks to his name. I haven't seen him give up a sack since his rookie year when he made the occasional mental error. He's powerful in the run game and effective pulling to the outside. He's helped open a lot of holes to the right outside (if only we had an explosive back last year). I feel pretty strongly that Sears is the best G in the division, but there are other good options so I don't expect everyone to agree.

Abraham is a great pass rusher, but 31 is usually when defensive linemen begin their decline. As long as he's healthy he'll rack up a lot of sacks. Adams should flourish under Bates in his 3rd year. He's also a complete player that helps the defense beyond the stat sheet. Abraham is more of a pure pass rusher. Still, it's just a projection for next year. We're ****** if Adams doesn't get double digit sacks.

Phillips was one of the biggest reasons for our success/decline last year. He steps up in the box and makes a lot of impact tackles for us to keep teams in 2nd/3rd and long. He does a good job in deep coverage as well. When he got hurt our run D suffered. Where he ranks depends on how you view the situation. Phillips is somewhat injury prone and probably doesn't fit as well in the new scheme (hence the LB tryout). Being an optimistic Phillips fan, I think he'll move back to SS, start for us and continue to play well. It's also very possible that Phillips starts at LB for us, making this a moot point. Again, it's all a matter of perspective.

Not a fan of any of those Panthers DBs. We torched them with Jeff Garcia throwing to 1 WR. They all looked lost.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

NFC South

QB - Jake Delhomme (Panther)
                            RB - DeAngelo Williams (Panther)
                            FB - Brad Hoover (Panther)
                            WR - Steve Smith (Panther)
                            WR - Mushin Muhummad (Panther)
                            TE - Jeff King (Panther)
                            LT - Jordan Gross (Panther)
                            LG - Travelle Wharton (Panther)
                            C - Ryan Kalil (Panther)
                            RG - Keydrick Vincent (Panther)
                            RT - Jeff Otah (Panther)

DE: Julius Peppers (Panther)
                            DT: Ma'ake Kemoeatu (Panther)
                            DT: Damoine Lewis (Panther)
                            DE: Tyler Brayton (Panther)
                            SLB: Nail Diggs (Panther)
                            MLB: Jon Beason (Panther)
                            WLB: Thomas Davis (Panther)
                            CB: Chris Gamble (Panther)
                            CB: Richard Marshall (Panther)
                            FS: Charles Godfrey (Panther)
                            SS: Chris Harris (Panther)

Just Kidding :p
                            Last edited by BlindSite; 05-09-2009, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                              NFC South

QB - Drew Brees (Saints)
                              RB - Michael Turner (Falcons)
                              FB - Ovie Mughelli (Falcons)
                              WR - Steve Smith (Panthers)
                              WR - Roddy White (Falcons)
                              TE - Tony Gonzalez (Falcons)
                              LT: Jordan Gross (Panthers)
                              LG: Davin Joseph (Bucs)
                              C: Jeff Faine (Bucs)
                              RG: Jahri Evans (Saints)
                              RT: Jeff Otah (Panthers)

DE: Julius Peppers (Panthers)
                              DT: Jonathan Babineaux (Falcons)
                              DT: Sedrick Ellis (Saints)
                              DE: John Abraham (Falcons)
                              LB: Barrett Ruud (Bucs)
                              LB: Jonathan Vilma (Saints)
                              LB: Jon Beason (Panthers)
                              CB: Chris Gamble (Panthers)
                              CB: Richard Marshall (Panthers)
                              FS: Tanard Jackson (Bucs)
                              SS: Chris Harris (Panthers)

This would make 8 Panthers, 6 Falcons, 4 Bucs, and 4 Saints.
                              This is probably the best team as a whole. Beason at WLB and Vilma at MLB with Ruud playing SLB.

I think it might just be a push as far as who is better between Davin Joseph and Carl Nicks. Actually, I'd replace Jahri Evans with Davin Joseph and insert Carl Nicks at LG.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

AFC South

QB: Peyton Manning (Colts)
                                RB: Chris Johnson (Titans)
                                WR: Andre Johnson (Texans)
                                WR: Reggie Wayne (Colts)
                                TE: Dallas Clark (Colts)
                                TE: Owen Daniels (Texans)
                                LT: Michael Roos (Titans)
                                LG: Vince Manuwai (Jaguars)
                                C: Jeff Saturday (Colts)
                                RG: Jake Scott (Titans)
                                RT: David Stewart (Titans)

If I were to pick a FB, it would be Greg Jones, and my 3rd WR would be Torry Holt, but Peyton Manning operates best in a 2 TE set, and I feel the 2 TE set in this case puts the most offensive talent on the field for the AFC South. Some positions I think could change by season's end: RB, LT, LG, C

RE: Dwight Freeney (Colts)
                                UT: Amobi Okoye (Texans) (the AFC South is weak and/or unproven here)
                                NT: John Henderson (Jaguars)
                                LE: Mario Williams (Texans)
                                WLB: David Thornton (Titans)
                                MLB: DeMeco Ryans (Texans)
                                SLB: Keith Bulluck (Titans)
                                CB: Cortland Finnegan (Titans)
                                CB: Kelvin Hayden (Colts)
                                FS: Michael Griffin (Titans)
                                SS: Bob Sanders (Colts)

Positions I think could change by season's end: UT, WLB, SLB, CB

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information