Sacks Allowed By Player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post

1. Ryan Clady (Broncos) 0.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)

12. Ben Hamilton (Broncos) 2.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)

9. Casey Wiegmann (Broncos) 1.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)

1. Chris Kuper (Broncos) 0 sacks allowed (16 starts)

6. Ryan Harris (Broncos) 2.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
    Very impressive, especially considering 3 of those guys(Clady, Harris and Kuper) was the first starting action they saw in the Pro's. Could be a dominant OL for years, just need youth at C and replace Hamilton.

Comment

jeff backus had a relatively great year. only 9.25 sacks allowed instead of the 15.5 he had the year before.
      SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Jason Spitz, wow. Only 1 sack.
        Mark Tauscher with only 2. Gonna be hard to replace him.

No one else is noteworthy.

Good post though.

Comment

Maybe this is a dumb question but how do you give up .25 of a sack?

Comment

lol 3 other guys sucked on the play also and just let the defense through.
            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by STRIP
              Jared Gaither what a beast. Only 3 sacks allowed all season although hurt for a good chunk when you play James Harrison, Lamar Woodley, and Blitzburgh twice a year. He also had to match up one on one against Demarcus Ware, Tuck, Mathis, among others. The guy is honestly my biggest mancrush in the league right now. He might be the single most impressive physical specimen in the league. It is just wrong for a guy 6-9" 330 pounds to have such quick feet. I thought Ravens fans were a bit overzealous for proclaiming him the successor for Jon Ogden, but after seeing him for a year the kids forreal. Skills and talent to be an elite LT for the next 10+ years. They got him with a 5th round compensation pick, get out of here. He and Oher are going to be nasty for a long time.
              Gaither really impressed me when the Titans played the Ravens twice this past season. Grubbs did very well too.

Rooooooooooooooooooooooos pwns him tho!!! ;) :D
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I am extremely excited about the Bears new OTs.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                  lol 3 other guys sucked on the play also and just let the defense through.
                  haha Kind of like a dump screen but the D got the QB?
                  Just an odd number.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                    Ummm. Yeah...

Obviously there are a lot of factors that go into it. I'm just hoping the whole hold-out thing and not playing in TC/Pre-season is what attributed to this, because what I hear from bills fans is that he started to play at a pro-bowl level late in the season.
                    As for Stacy Andrews, I'm hoping he gets moved inside and we move Shawn Andrews to RT, who was a All-American in college at the position.
                    The team has made that switch, IDK if its official, but it has been widely reported that is the plan with them.
                    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                      Good post, but also take those stats with a huge grain of salt. Each offensive system is different, and thus so are the pass protection schemes. So if a vertical stretch offense has a more 5 and 7 man drops, the pass protection scheme will be different than an offense that has alot of quick passes, like 1, 3 and 5 step drops. So you may see alot more variety in that scheme in terms of pass protections from BOB, 3 man slide, and so on. So good post to see those numbers, but keep in mind there are more parts to the puzzle then those stats.
                      As always, there is always more to consider than stats alone, but in many instances stats are a good indicator. Now I agree the number will vary for different offenses based on what you said, but also the blocking scheme, quality of pass blockers at the TE, RB, and FB positions, as well as the QB and teams faced.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                        Maybe this is a dumb question but how do you give up .25 of a sack?
                        Say a G and C had a responsibility for the NT, but he beat them and got half a sack with some other defender. Since the player they were up agianst was creditted with .5 a sack, those two were equally responsible for that guy and were charged evenly. If that NT got the sack by himself, they each would get .5 sack charged agaisnt them...

Comment

I'm still pissed btw that no Bronco OL went to the Pro Bowl. What a joke that is now.

Comment

Colts O-L

6. Tony Ugoh (Colts) 3.0 sacks allowed (12 starts)
                            1. Charlie Johnson (Colts) 0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
                            12. Jeff Saturday (Colts) 2.0 sacks allowed (12 starts)
                            12. Mike Pollak (Colts) 2.0 sacks allowed (13 starts)
                            1. Ryan Diem (Colts) 1.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)

I'm quite surprised at these stats in all honesty, I'm not a big Charlie Johnson fan, neither Ryan Diem. I guess Peyton Manning helps these stats a ton due to his pocket presence as early on during out 3-4 start the line looked like a sieve. I'd be very intrigued if similar stats were out there for QB pressures.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Jesus, our offensive line was the suxorz last season.

Comment

I love that my man Max Jean Gilles was second for RGs in sacks allowed, when he is known more as a Road Grader... If it wasn't for Shawn the last few years being a monster, MJG would be a pro bowler for sure. He is massive, 355+ and insanely quick considering his size. I just wish he could get more PT.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information