Sacks Allowed By Player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
    That's how I felt when the eagles drafted Tony Hunt. He's currently out of the league. That worked out well...
    I haven't heard the name Tony Hunt in ages, I wanted him on the Ravens, I guess we dodged a bullet on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
      wow, I didnt realize that Faneca gave up 7 sacks last year. No way he should have gone to the pro bowl. Everyone on the Jets were pretty solid except Woody who gave up 6.5. At least it looks like Bricks is starting to pay off.
      These stats aren't always the most accurate. They don't account for schemes and all that. Plus, it can't be understated how much he did to improve our rushing attack.
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
        These stats aren't always the most accurate. They don't account for schemes and all that. Plus, it can't be understated how much he did to improve our rushing attack.
        They definately aren't the most accurate out there, but there still isn't an excuse for guys like Faneca and Peters making it to the Pro Bowl based on reputation insead of Kuper and Clady.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
        Originally posted by BaLLiN72
        i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
        Originally posted by Job
        NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

...another thing not accounted for is how much a team schemes to help out a player. Ryan Clady for instance got a lot of RB chipping defenders on his side and movement his way since he was a rookie. Some guys don't get any help, they're left out on an island by themselves. I'm not singling out Clady though, just an example. It is typical to give rookies a lot of help, which explains why sometimes a guy has a seemingly great rookie season and then gets set back a little his second year (and usually they bounce back in year 3 or 4).

Comment

clady was a beast last year. i really don't know how peters made it. he was a disruption in the beginning of the year, then only played in 13 games. he gave up 5.5 more sacks in 2 less games. he has the talent, but definitely needs to refine his game some more. i don't like it when players like that are rewarded for sub-par seasons.

steelers line wasn't great, but atleast they weren't double digit sack stat killers. they were only a couple off the pace...apiece.

faneca wasn't that bad. only 3 false start penalties, zero holding, and with favre sitting back there too long on some of those sacks.
            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
              I knew my boy Jared "The Big Steal" Gaither would be high on this list, I was upset when he was declared academically inelligible to play at Maryland, but boy did things work out for me, and all Ravens fans. I'd like to personally thank all the GM's who decided NOT to give up anything higher than a 5th round for him, you guys are the best. It's great when you can get one of your favorite players from your favorite college team on your favorite pro team.
              I think that while we got a steal, I can understand why alot of teams didnt give up anything higher for Gaither. I think he was fortunate to come into our situation where he could learn from Ogden, and be surrounded by a stable coaching staff and learn from some good character guys like Ray who could help him keep his head on straight. I could see him busting in a negative situation like in Oakland or Cincy, where he wouldnt be handled correctly. I do agree that we got a steal though...5th rounder for what is shaping up to be a Pro Bowl LT is a damn good deal.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                6. Jordan Gross (Panthers) 3.0 sacks allowed (15 starts)
                12. Travelle Wharton (Panthers) 2.5 sacks allowed (14 starts)
                1. Ryan Kalil (Panthers) 0 sacks allowed (12 starts)
                14. Jeff Otah (Panthers) 5.0 sacks allowed (12 starts)
                I'm pretty happy considering Otah played with an ankle injury much of the year.

Comment

Not surprised to see Stacy Andrews so high, his play showed it.

With that said, he wasn't thrilled to have the franchise tag and is better suited for RG.

If the Eagles do move Andrews to RG, that's a very good move. He was a monster there in the run game and I think that's definitely the position he's best suited for.

Comment

Originally posted by OneToughGame View Post
                    I liked what I saw from Ray Willis at RT last season but I didn't think he did as well as that list is showing in pass protections. Good job Willis lol.
                    Yeah I thought he definately outplayed Locklear. He can play guard as well, I'm hoping he takes Rob Sims place at RG and Unger impresses and takes Wahles spot at LG.
                    "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Lets get things a little more evened up why dont we. Cutler had 616 pass attempts compared to Kerry Collins 415. The Broncos o-line starting 5 gave up about 1 more sack total than the Titans in an extra 200 passing attempts. Everyone knew the Broncos were gonna be passing non-stop last year to stay in games, whereas teams playing the Titans generally got to play the run first and were happy to let Collins pass.

Call me a homer, but I say the Broncos o-line have the Titans beat by an awfully long way.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                        ...another thing not accounted for is how much a team schemes to help out a player. Ryan Clady for instance got a lot of RB chipping defenders on his side and movement his way since he was a rookie. Some guys don't get any help, they're left out on an island by themselves. I'm not singling out Clady though, just an example. It is typical to give rookies a lot of help, which explains why sometimes a guy has a seemingly great rookie season and then gets set back a little his second year (and usually they bounce back in year 3 or 4).
                        While this is true most of the time, I really don't see it with Clady. I'm not trying to be a homer, but when a guy has a season of .5 sacks and 3 penalties, I'd say he had a pretty amazing season. I watched a lot of games, and he dominated a lot of good pass rushers 1-1.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                        Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                        i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                        Originally posted by Job
                        NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                          Not surprised to see Stacy Andrews so high, his play showed it.

With that said, he wasn't thrilled to have the franchise tag and is better suited for RG.

If the Eagles do move Andrews to RG, that's a very good move. He was a monster there in the run game and I think that's definitely the position he's best suited for.
                          That's what I'm hoping for. Stacy Andrews was a beast at RG and Shawn Andrews was a beast at RT (albeit in college) so they have nothing to lose in trying it. If that works out and Jason Peters goes back to his 2007 form, we could have one of the best OLs in the league. Todd Herremans at LG is not and will never be an elite player but he is extremely solid in every phase of the OL position, and Jamaal Jackson is solid at C but I would personally rather see Nick Cole win that job because he has pro-bowl ability. We also have excellent depth, most notably at the interior positions, in guys like Max Jean-Gilles, Mike McGlynn, and who ever doesn't win the C job.

Comment

Would Ravens move Gaither to right side and start Oher at left ?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostDeini View Post
                              Would Ravens move Gaither to right side and start Oher at left ?
                              I'm pretty sure they like Gaither at LT and many people projected Oher to the right side anyway. I personally think Oher can play LT but the ravens don't need him to.

Comment

I like Gaither and all ( another steal by Ozzie ) but he plays a little too upright for me, Ogden was 6'9 but played with leverage. He could be best right tackle in the game imo. I think Oher is a little better athlete and bends his knee more. Though they dont really have to do this right now, I could see this happening down the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information