Holmgren ready to work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holmgren ready to work?

Former Seattle Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren said he has made the decision that he wants to work again and is open to the idea of coaching, but has not made a final decision on whether he will do that or work in a front office somewhere. He said he has not thought through his emotions enough to know exactly what it is he wants to do.

Holmgren spoke with Les Carpenter of the Post last night at an event hosted by Washington Redskins Coach Jim Zorn and his wife Joy in the owner's lounge at FedEx Field. Holmgren is in Washington to see his wife Kathy and daughter Calla off on a trip to Uganda, where they will work in relief centers for the next few weeks helping refugees from Congo. The event was in support of the organization Kathy and Calla Holmgren will be working for: Medical Teams International

Holmgren laughed that on draft day he was supposed to be babysitting one of his grandchildren but kept sneaking peeks at the television. Soon he was talking to it, criticizing teams' moves. Finally Kathy Holmgren came in and reminded him that he wasn't working.

"I said, 'You're right. What am I doing?' " Mike Holmgren said.
    http://views.washingtonpost.com/thel...ork-again.html

Him and Favre were perfect for each other.
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

I saw that earlier and had the same thought about him and Brett. I'm sure there will be plenty of teams who would be happy to add him.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

He should coach. He never really got the credit he deserved for his time in GB, or a great run in Seattle for that matter.

Comment

So add this to the list of Super Bowl winning HC's available for next year

Bill Cowher
        John Gruden
        Mike Shanahan
        Brian Billick

I would hate to be a coach in a make or break year right now.

Comment

Holmgren is great but you guys realize that this means another year of Favre speculation, right?

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
            Holmgren is great but you guys realize that this means another year of Favre speculation, right?
            Maybe Favre can go the Vikings and Holmgren can meet him there next year.

Comment

if Singletary and the Niners crash and burn his first year and they go 5-11 or worse then I'd expect him to get fired for Holmgren or Shannahan.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                Maybe Favre can go the Vikings and Holmgren can meet him there next year.
                As ridiculous of a move as it would be, the Vikings would be so much better if they fired Childress right now and hired Holmgren.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                  As ridiculous of a move as it would be, the Vikings would be so much better if they fired Childress right now and hired Holmgren.
                  Well yah, they could fire Childress and replace him with basically anybody or anything and it would be a lateral move at worst.

Comment

Hell, even I would be a lateral move if I replaced the Little General!

Do it now... fire Chilly and hire Holmgren! That would be an incredibly awesome move! :)
                    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                    Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
                      Hell, even I would be a lateral move if I replaced the Little General!

Do it now... fire Chilly and hire Holmgren! That would be an incredibly awesome move! :)
                      If nothing else, the Vikings would no longer be legally required to introduce themselves to all their neighbors.

Comment

I think the perfect fit would be Shanahan in San Diego.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                          I think the perfect fit would be Shanahan in San Diego.
                          Eh we'll see how this season goes, Norv has won as many playoff games as any coach in Charger history. I like the idea of Shanny working with Rivers, especially with the defensive cupboard being relatively stocked.

Comment

So he's not going to replace Wilford Brimley as the next "Diabeetus" guy? (And I'm aware he doesn't have diabetes but I don't care).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                              So he's not going to replace Wilford Brimley as the next "Diabeetus" guy? (And I'm aware he doesn't have diabetes but I don't care).

I know you hate Seth MacFarlane, but this is funny.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information