WR: Randy Moss-Wes Welker
    WR: Terrell Owens-Lee Evans
    TE: Dustin Keller-Anthony Fasano
    LT: Matt Light-D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG: Alan Faneca-Justin Smiley
    C: Nick Mangold-Dan Koppen
    RG: Logan Mankins-Damien Woody
    RT: Jake Long-Vernon Carey

Other guys to consider: Trent Edwards (QB), Fred Taylor (RB), Roscoe Parrish (WR-RS), Jerico Cotchery (WR), Ted Ginn Jr. (WR), Alex Smith (TE), Langston Walker (OL), Jake Grove (OL)

DE: Richard Seymour-Marcus Stroud
    NT: Vince Wilfork-Kris Jenkins
    DE: Ty Warren-Shaun Ellis
    OLB: Joey Porter-Aaron Schoebel
    ILB: Jerod Mayo-Bart Scott
    ILB: David Harris-Channing Crowder
    OLB: Adailus Thomas-Calvin Pace
    CB: Darrell Revis-Will Allen
    CB: Terrence McGee-Leigh Bodden
    FS: Gibril Wilson-Brandon Meriweather
    SS: Kerry Rhodes-Donte Whitner

Other guys to consider: Phillip Merling (DE), Paul Posluszny (ILB), Jason Taylor (OLB), Bryan Thomas (OLB), Vontae Davis (CB), Shawn Springs (CB), Yeremiah Bell (SS), Jim Leohnard (SS)

K: Stephen Gostkowski
    P: Brian Moorman
    KR: Leon Washington-Leodis McKelvin
    PR: Roscoe Parrish

That is what I have for the East team in the AFC East division forum. There is a lot of talent and a lot of depth, and I think it would be a great game. However, I think there are some people who are undervaluing some East players Vilma and SuperMcGee said. The North definitely has some studs, especially on defense, but some people are giving the North a little too much of an edge over the East.

The North would have a great front 7, but the East has a great line. The North would have a great secondary, but the East has an elite QB throwing to some of the best receivers in the NFL not to mention RB's who can make plays as receivers. I am not saying the East would dominate I'm just saying it would be a great and very evenly matched game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigburt63 View Post
      I know right? All Welker did the past 2 years was abuse the men covering him for 111 catches each year. Timmons could not lock him down every play...I don't think any one player (outside of a few lockdown corners) could, and even then he's still going to get his. Plus Evans should definitely be in the discussion for the AFCE.

So Taylor locks TO down one game and all of a sudden he beats him every time? If you want to man up on TO, and have Leon Hall and a safety over the top on Moss then Welker is either being covered by the other safety or a LB, advantage Welker. I really doubt the AFCE would start a FB, and even if they did Keller would probably line up in the other slot as an H-back type.

I'm not saying it would always work or be easy, but the AFCE offense would be able to move the ball and score points. The running game would be very limited to say the least, but there are ways of neutralizing the pass rush somewhat (i.e. 3 step drops, screens, etc.).
      So, what if the other Safety is Troy?

My point has been yeah, this is a high powered offense and yeah they could score a lot of points.

My issue is the posts that go:

Tom Brady + Randy Moss + TO = Auto-Win.

Sure, there's a possibility Ike wouldn't shut TO down again, but the difference is he proved he can do it, so it's not out of the question as people are making it.

Sure there's probably going to be scoring, but at the same time, I think it's just unnerving to see people undercut this secondary just because they're facing Moss/Brady/TO.

Forgetting the Best FS/SS in the league are in the deep centerfield, and that Ike Has shown he can cover these guys.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Voted North, the trenches win again... That front 7 for the North is killer. Really close though.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
          QB: Tom Brady-Chad Pennington
          RB: Marshawn Lynch-Ronnie Brown-Thomas Jones
          FB: Tony Richardson-Lousaka Polite
          WR: Randy Moss-Wes Welker
          WR: Terrell Owens-Lee Evans
          TE: Dustin Keller-Anthony Fasano
          LT: Matt Light-D'Brickashaw Ferguson
          LG: Alan Faneca-Justin Smiley
          C: Nick Mangold-Dan Koppen
          RG: Logan Mankins-Damien Woody
          RT: Jake Long-Vernon Carey

Other guys to consider: Trent Edwards (QB), Fred Taylor (RB), Roscoe Parrish (WR-RS), Jerico Cotchery (WR), Ted Ginn Jr. (WR), Alex Smith (TE), Langston Walker (OL), Jake Grove (OL)

DE: Richard Seymour-Marcus Stroud
          NT: Vince Wilfork-Kris Jenkins
          DE: Ty Warren-Shaun Ellis
          OLB: Joey Porter-Aaron Schoebel
          ILB: Jerod Mayo-Bart Scott
          ILB: David Harris-Channing Crowder
          OLB: Adailus Thomas-Calvin Pace
          CB: Darrell Revis-Will Allen
          CB: Terrence McGee-Leigh Bodden
          FS: Gibril Wilson-Brandon Meriweather
          SS: Kerry Rhodes-Donte Whitner

Other guys to consider: Phillip Merling (DE), Paul Posluszny (ILB), Jason Taylor (OLB), Bryan Thomas (OLB), Vontae Davis (CB), Shawn Springs (CB), Yeremiah Bell (SS), Jim Leohnard (SS)

K: Stephen Gostkowski
          P: Brian Moorman
          KR: Leon Washington-Leodis McKelvin
          PR: Roscoe Parrish

That is what I have for the East team in the AFC East division forum. There is a lot of talent and a lot of depth, and I think it would be a great game. However, I think there are some people who are undervaluing some East players Vilma and SuperMcGee said. The North definitely has some studs, especially on defense, but some people are giving the North a little too much of an edge over the East.

The North would have a great front 7, but the East has a great line. The North would have a great secondary, but the East has an elite QB throwing to some of the best receivers in the NFL not to mention RB's who can make plays as receivers. I am not saying the East would dominate I'm just saying it would be a great and very evenly matched game.
          if we were doing full-depth...

QB: Ben Roethlisberger -> Carson Palmer
          RB: Willie Parker -> Willis McGahee -> Mewelde Moore
          FB: Le'Ron McClain -> Lawrence Vickers
          WR: Hines Ward -> Santonio Holmes
          WR: Chad Johnson -> Braylon Edwards
          WR: Derrick Mason -> Mark Clayton
          TE: Heath Miller -> Todd Heap
          LT: Joe Thomas -> Max Starks
          LG: Eric Steinbach -> Andrew Whitworth
          C: Matt Birk -> Justin Hartwig
          RG: Ben Grubbs -> Willie Colon
          RT: Jared Gaither -> Michael Oher/Andre Smith

WDE: Haloti Ngata -> Trevor Pryce
          NT: Shaun Rogers -> Casey Hampton
          SDE: Aaron Smith -> Justin Bannan

WOLB: James Harrison -> Terrell Suggs
          WILB: Ray Lewis -> D'Qwell Jackson
          SILB: James Farrior -> Dhani Jones
          SOLB: LaMarr Woodley -> Robert Geathers

CB: Ike Taylor -> Jonathon Joseph -> Leon Hall
          CB: Fabian Washington -> Eric Wright

FS: Ed Reed -> Ryan Clark
          SS: Troy Polamalu -> Dawan Landry

Other Notables:

Dominique Foxworth (CB), Antwan Barnes (OLB), Ray Rice (RB) (Scotty isnt' this Auto-Win?), L.J. Smith (TE)

Brandon McDonald(CB), Kamerion Wimbley (OLB), Jamal Lewis(RB), Josh Cribbs (KR/PR)

Keith Rivers (ILB), Anthony Collins (OT), Brian Leonard (RB/FB)(Another Autowin?), Cedric Benson (RB)

Lawrence Timmons (ILB/OLB), Chris Hoke (NT)

Can we petition the NFL to let us watch the game?

not to mention...

Tomlin at HC.. with Mangini/LeBeau/Lewis/Ryan
          Cam Cameron with assistants Arians/Bratkowski.
          Harbaugh with ST's with Bob Ligashesky.

Very interesting game.

Comment

The North's D is just to good to vote against.

SPLOOSH

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
              if we were doing full-depth...

QB: Ben Roethlisberger -> Carson Palmer
              RB: Willie Parker -> Willis McGahee -> Mewelde Moore
              FB: Le'Ron McClain -> Lawrence Vickers
              WR: Hines Ward -> Santonio Holmes
              WR: Chad Johnson -> Braylon Edwards
              WR: Derrick Mason -> Mark Clayton
              TE: Heath Miller -> Todd Heap
              LT: Joe Thomas -> Max Starks
              LG: Eric Steinbach -> Andrew Whitworth
              C: Matt Birk -> Justin Hartwig
              RG: Ben Grubbs -> Willie Colon
              RT: Jared Gaither -> Michael Oher/Andre Smith

WDE: Haloti Ngata -> Trevor Pryce
              NT: Shaun Rogers -> Casey Hampton
              SDE: Aaron Smith -> Justin Bannan

WOLB: James Harrison -> Terrell Suggs
              WILB: Ray Lewis -> D'Qwell Jackson
              SILB: James Farrior -> Dhani Jones
              SOLB: LaMarr Woodley -> Robert Geathers

CB: Ike Taylor -> Jonathon Joseph -> Leon Hall
              CB: Fabian Washington -> Eric Wright

FS: Ed Reed -> Ryan Clark
              SS: Troy Polamalu -> Dawan Landry

Other Notables:

Dominique Foxworth (CB), Antwan Barnes (OLB), Ray Rice (RB) (Scotty isnt' this Auto-Win?), L.J. Smith (TE)

Brandon McDonald(CB), Kamerion Wimbley (OLB), Jamal Lewis(RB), Josh Cribbs (KR/PR)

Keith Rivers (ILB), Anthony Collins (OT), Brian Leonard (RB/FB)(Another Autowin?), Cedric Benson (RB)

Lawrence Timmons (ILB/OLB), Chris Hoke (NT)

Can we petition the NFL to let us watch the game?

not to mention...

Tomlin at HC.. with Mangini/LeBeau/Lewis/Ryan
              Cam Cameron with assistants Arians/Bratkowski.
              Harbaugh with ST's with Bob Ligashesky.

Very interesting game.
              I think it would be a great matchup, possibly the best division vs. division game. Both teams would have great starters but what really is astounding is the depth. I'm sure you could find it in most divisions, but this game would be so physical I would love to see it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                So, what if the other Safety is Troy?

My point has been yeah, this is a high powered offense and yeah they could score a lot of points.

My issue is the posts that go:

Tom Brady + Randy Moss + TO = Auto-Win.

Sure, there's a possibility Ike wouldn't shut TO down again, but the difference is he proved he can do it, so it's not out of the question as people are making it.

Sure there's probably going to be scoring, but at the same time, I think it's just unnerving to see people undercut this secondary just because they're facing Moss/Brady/TO.

Forgetting the Best FS/SS in the league are in the deep centerfield, and that Ike Has shown he can cover these guys.
                I'm not trying to say that simply because Brady, Moss and TO are on the same team that they would shred the defense. It would be a great matchup. To say that Leon Hall and Ike Taylor could shut down Moss and TO is ridiculous. If they could, then ya, the AFCE would be in terrible trouble, but I couldn't see that happening. My point is that just because Taylor did it once doesn't mean he is going to do it again, nevermind the fact that IMO Hall would get shredded by Moss.

That safety tandem is ridiculous, and the front 7 is crazy. I even said running the ball would be extremely difficult, if not impossible. At the same time, people seem to be underestimating the abilities of a wide receiver corps of Moss, TO, Welker, Evans, and Keller at TE.

By the same token, I don't see much running room against the AFCE's front 7.
                Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post

Actually, Casey Hampton has never been an all-pro.
                  before you TRY to discredit someone look your facts up, he has been all pro 4 times

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...H/HampCa00.htm

here's my proof.....i do know what i am talking about unlike some.
                  Last edited by steel man; 05-17-2009, 02:14 PM.

Matthew 19:26
                  Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

Originally posted by steel man View Post
                    before you TRY to discredit someone look your facts up, he has been all pro 4 times

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...H/HampCa00.htm

here's my proof.....i do know what i am talking about unlike some.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=...s&confirm=true

this is the pro bowl.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

All-Pro

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                    Jump to: navigation, search

All-Pro is a term mostly used in the NFL for the best players of each position during that season. It began as polls of sportswriters in the early 1920s. There are also 2nd Team All-Pros which connotes the runner-up at each position. It is generally considered more prestigious than the Pro Bowl.

Pro Bowl
                    (Redirected from Pro bowl)

In professional American football, the Pro Bowl is the all-star game of the National Football League (NFL). Since the merger with the rival American Football League (AFL) in 1970, it has been officially called the AFC-NFC Pro Bowl, matching players in the American Football Conference (AFC) against those in the National Football Conference (NFC).

This is my proof you haven't got a clue wtf you're talking about.

And that before you TRY to discredit someone look your facts up, he has been all pro 0 times

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=...s&confirm=true

this is the pro bowl.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

All-Pro

All-Pro is a term mostly used in the NFL for the best players of each position during that season. It began as polls of sportswriters in the early 1920s. There are also 2nd Team All-Pros which connotes the runner-up at each position. It is generally considered more prestigious than the Pro Bowl.

Pro Bowl
                      (Redirected from Pro bowl)

In professional American football, the Pro Bowl is the all-star game of the National Football League (NFL). Since the merger with the rival American Football League (AFL) in 1970, it has been officially called the AFC-NFC Pro Bowl, matching players in the American Football Conference (AFC) against those in the National Football Conference (NFC).

This is my proof you haven't got a clue wtf you're talking about.

And that before you TRY to discredit someone look your facts up, he has been all pro 0 times
                      Hampton doesn't play a position that lend itself to garnering the type of stats needed for All-Pro.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
                        Hampton doesn't play a position that lend itself to garnering the type of stats needed for All-Pro.
                        Then how did Kris Jenkins, Vince Wilfork and Jamal Williams manage it?

Comment

1st i will admit that i typed the wrong phase in the beginning when i said all-pro...as you can tell by my post i was talking about pro-bowls, the ALL_PRO team does not mean anything, it tells you something when some of the players that make the All-pro did not make the Pro-bowl. the all-pro team is a bunch of sportswriters voting on who they like....if a player did not give them an interview or said something that they did not like then they would not vote for him, whereas 2/3's of the pro-bowl's vote comes from people that know real football not just stats in coaches and players so that is why i was proving that he made the pro-bowl 4 times.

Matthew 19:26
                          Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

Originally posted by steel man View Post
                            1st i will admit that i typed the wrong phase in the beginning when i said all-pro...as you can tell by my post i was talking about pro-bowls, the ALL_PRO team does not mean anything, it tells you something when some of the players that make the All-pro did not make the Pro-bowl. the all-pro team is a bunch of sportswriters voting on who they like....if a player did not give them an interview or said something that they did not like then they would not vote for him, whereas 2/3's of the pro-bowl's vote comes from people that know real football not just stats in coaches and players so that is why i was proving that he made the pro-bowl 4 times.

1. People who make the pro bowl are called "pro bowlers". Example: "Eli Manning is a pro bowl quarterback." People who make the all-pro team are referred as "all-pro".
                            Example: "Peyton Manning is an all-pro quarterback"

2. "2/3's of the pro bowl's vote comes from people that know real football not just stats in coaches and players". Yeah, that's how Roy Williams got in there five consecutive times. Seriously, you're defending the ultimate popularity contest in football as a better gauge of player quality as better than the all-pro team? Really? Really?

Comment

1. People who make the pro bowl are called "pro bowlers". Example: "Eli Manning is a pro bowl quarterback." People who make the all-pro team are referred as "all-pro".
                              Example: "Peyton Manning is an all-pro quarterback"

2. "2/3's of the pro bowl's vote comes from people that know real football not just stats in coaches and players". Yeah, that's how Roy Williams got in there five consecutive times. Seriously, you're defending the ultimate popularity contest in football as a better gauge of player quality as better than the all-pro team? Really? Really?
                              Sorry Steel Man.

The AP List is the list of people who actually know what they're talking about. AP Is more a gauge of player ability and success than the Pro-bowl, which almost featured 22 Redskins last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information