Blast From The Past

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blast From The Past

If you could add one O and one D player from your teams past dead or alive in their prime to your teams current roster who would they be?

My picks for the Chiefs.

O - Willie Roaf it all starts in the trenches and as much as I like Brandon Albert he is no Willie Roaf and moving him to RT would give the Chiefs a great set of OT's.

D - Derrick Thomas the Chiefs biggest need on D is by far getting a better pass rush and who better then DT to help in that area.

Honorable Mentions O - Tony Gonzalez,Will shields,Otis Taylor

Honorable Mentions D - Jared Allen,Buck Buchanan,Deron Cherry

Pass rush is the biggest need for NE right now. Bring back the recently inducted HOF'er, #56, Andre Tippett.

On offense: John Hannah. Hands down. SI called him "the best lineman of all time" . . . I won't argue.

Last edited by FlyingElvis; 05-15-2009, 10:15 AM.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
      Pass rush is the biggest need for NE right now. Bring back the recently inducted HOF'er, #56, Andre Tippett.

This, and on offense I'd say John Hannah, HOF guard. Would replace Neal at RG, or shift Mankins to RG.
      Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

for the dolphins, two guys we have on our roster now. but were A LOT better in their prime

ricky and jason

Comment

Comment

Offense- John Elway

Defense- Randy Gradishar
            Last edited by the decider13; 05-15-2009, 10:23 AM.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
            Originally posted by BaLLiN72
            i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
            Originally posted by Job
            NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigburt63 View Post
              This, and on offense I'd say John Hannah, HOF guard. Would replace Neal at RG, or shift Mankins to RG.
              haha. I took too long editing in the second half for Hannah. I can't image any other player on either side of the ball being a better addition. Armstrong is probably the only one even getting an honorable mention since OT is such an important position.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Bears:

Offense: Walter Payton. Yeah we got Forte and could use a receiver, but we've never had an awesome receiver and Payton is a god. Great 1-2 punch with him and Forte.

Defense: Dick Butkus. Put him in the middle, slide the somewhat deteriorating Urlacher to SAM, have Briggs still at WILL. ******* AMAZING linebacking corps. Best ever perhaps.

Comment

Offense - Fred Biletnikoff

Honorable Mentions - Tim Brown, Art Shell, Gene Upshaw, Marcus Allen/Bo Jackson

Defense - Jack Tatum

Honorable Mentions - Ronnie Lott, Howie Long, Willie Brown
                  Last edited by 619; 05-15-2009, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Tim Brown and Howie Long
                    Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Ravens:

Offense: I was trying to think of an offensive weapon that the ravens had, but i cant think of any besides Jamal Lewis. If he was like he was in his 2000 yard season, the ravens would be tough to beat.

HM: Jonathan Ogden: Move Oher to guard, and Gaither to right.
                      LT: Ogden
                      LG: Grubbs
                      C: Birk
                      RG: Oher
                      RT: Gaither
                      that is a sick linee

Defense: Peter Boulware.
                      Since we run the 3-4 now, who best to bring back than the best pass rusher in ravens history. With both him and suggs attacking the ends, that would be a nightmare.
                      If we ran a 4-3, I would love to have Michael McCrary back. I loved his intensity and passion

Go Ravens!

Comment

The Saints choices suck with Archie Griffin being at the same position as our best players.

Offense: Deuce McCallister - Great complement to Reggie and was a beast in his prime.

Defense: LaRoi Glover - Team with Ellis and give a great D-Line, not a whole lot of great choices I could think of.

Comment

Minnesota Vikings

Offense- Fran Tarkenton (No question)

Defense- John Randle (Even though he played DT I think he could slide to the outside and play DE, he's not too big and he's quick. Front Four of Allen, Williams, Williams and Randle *drools)

Otherwise guys Carl Eller and Alan Page come into the mix too for that last D-Line spot.
                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

Lions

Offense: Barry Sanders (it doesn't matter how crappy of an OL you give him)

Defense: Robert Porcher (we absolutely NEED a pass rush)
                            Last edited by Michigan; 05-15-2009, 11:37 AM.
                            I'm a state.

Comment

For the Eagles it would have to be:
                              Offense: Chuck Bendarik (He can play C and MLB :D)
                              Defense: Reggie White

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information