Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 6 teams who look to make the playoffs...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
    They forgot to mention injuries to Deion Branch, Nate Burleson, Bobby Engram (and all their backups), Walter Jones, Mike Wahle, Rob Sims, Chris Spencer, Sean Locklear (thats all 5 starting OL), Patrick Kerney, Lofa Tatupu, Leroy Hill and Marcus Trufant. Hasselbeck wasnt the only injured player.
    A few forums I post on think Tatupu just had a bad year lol (they aren't Seahawk forums as you can tell). You bring up the fact he sprained his knee, had a concussion and wore a cast the whole season and then they have no idea what to say lol.

Originally posted by Tebowfan85
    too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

Comment

I like Green Bay to push Minnesota for the division title, with Chicago there til the end in the NFC North.

I actually like the Raiders in the AFC West. I don't think that Kansas City and Denver will transition to the 3-4 as smoothly as GB will, so I think Oakland can take at least 2nd in the division. A lot of things will have to go right for them to make the Playoffs though, but it's a possibility.

And of course, the ever changing NFC South, ultra competitive NFC East, and Tom Brady returning to New England.

Aside from those five divisions, I don't see much changing.
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
        My six would be:

New England
        Oakland
        Dallas
        Washington
        Chicago
        Green Bay

Kind of going out on a limb with Oakland but the division sucks, so there's a chance.
        Normally, I have high hopes for my team (Oakland), but this year it's a little different than usual. I'm frustrated with Russell's progression and lack of desire for the game to the point where I'm not sure he'll ever change his ways. I hope it's not an overreaction at all. That and DHB is probably a year or two away from contributing and his inconsistencies as the #2 receiver could hold us back a bit. McFadden is the safest bet from the three to breakout this season and should break the 1000+ yards rushing plateau. As for the team, anywhere from 5-8 wins, which is assuming a lot. The defense should be absolutely beastly, though.

Comment

I would have to say that green bay would go in chicago's spot.

sig by fenikz
          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
          You are just a terrible person.
          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
          I have an iPhone.

Comment

My 6 would be;

New England Patriots-Obvious choice here. Tom Brady is back and should be healthy. The offense has been strengthened with Fred Taylor, Chris Baker and Alex Smith and the secondary has been greatly improved. The pass rush is still below par but no QB in the AFC East really will scare many defensive coordinators.

Houston Texans
            -Seems like they're in this spot every year but eventually they will break through. As of now the Colts are front runners for the division as the Titans have been weakened with the Haynesworth loss. If Matt Schaub can stay healthy they will score points and could realistically have an 11-5/10-6 type season.

Chicago Bears-I had originally thought the Packers first because overall I think they have a better team than the Bears but with the transition to the 34 it could take a year. The Bears have a very good running game at the minute and added Cutler in the offseason so their offense should be good. If their defense can step it up to the level of two or three years ago they could be a real threat in the NFC.

New Orleans Saints-This is on the condition that somehow they manage to convert third and short next year. With Brees and that passing offense they will always have a chance to win games and they have upgraded their biggest weakness(secondary). The NFC South is wide open at the minute with the Falcons being the favourite so far but have a 2nd year QB so things can happen.

Dallas Cowboys-I hesistate to say the Cowboys because in my opinion two of the top 4 teams at the minute play in the NFC East but no one can question the Cowboys talent levels. If the losses of TO, Pacman etc can improve chemistry levels in the team then they could be dangerous but that is a big IF at the minute.

San Francisco 49ers-If the 49ers can get decent QB play from Shaun Hill then they can definitely take advantage of a weak divison. Defensively I think they are very underrated and with a strong running game they could cause a few upsets.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

I can't wait until we surprise everyone next season, it's going to be great.

Still, we get ZERO credit even though we have a much more talented team than everyone thinks. We definitely have some of the most potential in the league.
              | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

I'm flabergasted by the lack of respect for the Broncos. Seriously...the chiefs and the raiders making it before the Broncos? I can live with the Chargers making it, but there is no way the Broncos are going to finish below the raiders and the chiefs. Anyone who thinks that should probably do a little more reasearch other than ZoMFG THEY FIRED SHANNY AND TRaDeD CUTLErZzzzz

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                Originally posted by Job
                NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                  I'm flabergasted by the lack of respect for the Broncos. Seriously...the chiefs and the raiders making it before the Broncos? I can live with the Chargers making it, but there is no way the Broncos are going to finish below the raiders and the chiefs. Anyone who thinks that should probably do a little more reasearch other than ZoMFG THEY FIRED SHANNY AND TRaDeD CUTLErZzzzz
                  I represented the Broncos in a forum mock by Neko4. I've done my research.

You don't like the people doubting the Broncos? That's fine. But I assure you, there are reasons to doubt the Broncos aside from trading Jay Cutler.

Besides, at this point, it's all speculation. No one saw Atlanta or Miami doing so well last season either. Don't take it personally, because all we're looking at is potential, really.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                    I represented the Broncos in a forum mock by Neko4. I've done my research.

You don't like the people doubting the Broncos? That's fine. But I assure you, there are reasons to doubt the Broncos aside from trading Jay Cutler.

Besides, at this point, it's all speculation. No one saw Atlanta or Miami doing so well last season either. Don't take it personally, because all we're looking at is potential, really.
                    I know, but it just gets annoying to come in to a thread like this where the chiefs and raiders have more representation than the Broncos. Then go over the mock drafts where the Broncos are picking top 5 in every single one. Honestly though, none of the three will make it.

And yeah it is all speculation. But I don't see anything about the Chiefs that make them pop off the page other than the fact they picked up a "Franchise QB" who put up decent stats with a superb offense. Now he is throwing behind an inferior line, with worse receivers.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                    Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                    i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                    Originally posted by Job
                    NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Redskins

Every few years they put together a wildcard berth it seems. East is tough but Campbell is still a decent QB, second year for Zorn, young weapons are developing plus Moss/Cooley, still have Portis and they added the best free agent at a position that has been lacking for a long time in Haynesworth at DT. A stud DT next to Griffen is pretty good with Fletcher behind them. Started hot last year, were 3-3 in the division so they can go head to head with anyone. Plus who knows what Orakpo will do.

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                        I know, but it just gets annoying to come in to a thread like this where the chiefs and raiders have more representation than the Broncos. Then go over the mock drafts where the Broncos are picking top 5 in every single one. Honestly though, none of the three will make it.

And yeah it is all speculation. But I don't see anything about the Chiefs that make them pop off the page other than the fact they picked up a "Franchise QB" who put up decent stats with a superb offense. Now he is throwing behind an inferior line, with worse receivers.
                        I gotcha, but ya just gotta take your lumps. Right now, the 3 AFC West teams behind the Chargers are close together. In my opinion, the Raiders are in the better shape as they're not under a brand new Head Coach and going through a complete scheme change. I think Denver and KC are neck and neck, as I like Denver's offense more and KC's defense more. And with the dysfunctional Raiders, who knows?

I don't think any of the 3 are Playoff teams either, but based on the Division last season not being decided until the final game, San Diego can't be crowned winner just yet.
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

My 12 in no order

Steelers
                          Colts
                          Pats
                          Chargers
                          Texans
                          Ravens

Cards
                          Bears
                          Eagles
                          Saints
                          Giants
                          Falcons

Comment

New England - The obvious #1 choice and probably the SB favourite.
                            Jacksonville - Should bounce back and be a contender
                            Dallas - post Jimmy Johnson, the Cowboys haven't accomplished much with Jones running the show. Sure they won one post Johnson but it was with his players. As long as Jones is running the show the Cowboys may be in trouble.
                            Washington - solid team but in tough in the NFC East
                            Chicago - Cutler will make them a serious contender
                            Green Bay - Should bounce back if Rodgers continues to improve.
                            Houston - In tough division but with even Indy having a question mark, Houston could surprise
                            New Orleans - Can Brees win the bigs ones, I just don't know. This year should tell the story.
                            Seattle - If Hasselback returns to form, they could challenge but it isn't a sure thing.
                            Oakland - I think they are a year away and the HC may be a question mark, but they are going as far as Russell will carry them.

It is actually quite a possibility that at least 8 of them could make the playoffs. The NFL generally has between 6 and 8 new teams make the playoffs every year. If you want to know which ones have a really solid chance, just check out these team's schedules. The NFL is and has been for some time, a scheduled influenced league especially for teams that lack a true franchise QB. A true franchise QB will overcome a tough schedule but if your team doesn't have one, then schedule is usually the deciding factor in who makes the playoffs and the main reason why 6-8 new teams do it practically every year.
                            And proud of it!!!

Comment

Chiefs
                              Raiders
                              Broncos
                              Seahawks
                              49ers
                              Rams

See what I did there, gave the west some love. Since no one else does. NFC and AFC West fans unite against hatrid and mediocrity.

And oh yeah, seriously got to say New England cuz they are going to win the super bowl. That is not an opinion, it is a fact. I have consulted with Trent Dilfer.

Comment

The Oakland Raiders don't have an offensive line. I don't see how anyone can pick Oakland over anyone in the AFC West. The Raiders had a choice between Eugene Monroe arguably the best OT in the draft, or Crabtree the best WR in the draft. They took maybe the 3rd ranked WR in the draft.

Can't even try passing the ball if your scrub QB in Russell doesn't even have time to stare wide receivers down.

The AFC west is the Chargers for another year.

AFC West Rankings
                                1.Chargers
                                2a. Broncos
                                2b. Chiefs

4. Raiders

PS: Darren McFadden is overrated and is marshmellow soft. Justin Fargas >>>>>>>> McFaildden
                                Last edited by DenverDex; 05-17-2009, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information