Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 6 teams who look to make the playoffs...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
    I'm flabergasted by the lack of respect for the Broncos. Seriously...the chiefs and the raiders making it before the Broncos? I can live with the Chargers making it, but there is no way the Broncos are going to finish below the raiders and the chiefs. Anyone who thinks that should probably do a little more reasearch other than ZoMFG THEY FIRED SHANNY AND TRaDeD CUTLErZzzzz
    Your right, I don't know how people are so foolish to under-rate the worst defense in the league quarterbacked by Kyle Orton. Kyle Orton has a great starting record and I'm sure he will continue that trend with your horrific defense because he is the kind of QB who can carry a team.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
      Your right, I don't know how people are so foolish to under-rate the worst defense in the league quarterbacked by Kyle Orton. Kyle Orton has a great starting record and I'm sure he will continue that trend with your horrific defense because he is the kind of QB who can carry a team.
      no. Kyle Orton is a good QB but he will never carry a team. He never has and i doubt he ever will

Comment

Originally posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
        no. Kyle Orton is a good QB but he will never carry a team. He never has and i doubt he ever will
        he's got a neckbeard to support, he cannot be bothered with trivial maters such as a team.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by DenverDex View Post
          The Oakland Raiders don't have an offensive line. I don't see how anyone can pick Oakland over anyone in the AFC West. The Raiders had a choice between Eugene Monroe arguably the best OT in the draft, or Crabtree the best WR in the draft. They took maybe the 3rd ranked WR in the draft.

Can't even try passing the ball if your scrub QB in Russell doesn't even have time to stare wide receivers down.

The AFC west is the Chargers for another year.

AFC West Rankings
          1.Chargers
          2a. Broncos
          2b. Chiefs

4. Raiders

PS: Darren McFadden is overrated and is marshmellow soft. Justin Fargas >>>>>>>> McFaildden
          Actually, I think you dreaming on Denver and you hatred of the Raiders is clouding your judgment.

San Diego which IMO is only held back by a mediocre HC.
          Oakland is probably a year away from a breakout season. They go as far as Russell improves but 8 or 9 wins looks to be tops for next year.
          Kansas City looks to be on the rise but they are still a long ways from being good enough to compete.

Denver will be lucky to win 4 games IMO and should easily be the bottom feeder in the AFC West. If the new HC is as bad at coaching as he is in handling players even 4 wins may be a struggle. We'll have to see if he can even get his team on his side after a disasterous off season and it won't be much better next year with no 1st rounder which could turnout to be a top 5 pick. Not a good time to be a Denver fan.
          And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
            Actually, I think you dreaming on Denver and you hatred of the Raiders is clouding your judgment.

San Diego which IMO is only held back by a mediocre HC.
            Oakland is probably a year away from a breakout season. They go as far as Russell improves but 8 or 9 wins looks to be tops for next year.
            Kansas City looks to be on the rise but they are still a long ways from being good enough to compete.

Denver will be lucky to win 4 games IMO and should easily be the bottom feeder in the AFC West. If the new HC is as bad at coaching as he is in handling players even 4 wins may be a struggle. We'll have to see if he can even get his team on his side after a disasterous off season and it won't be much better next year with no 1st rounder which could turnout to be a top 5 pick. Not a good time to be a Denver fan.
            There is no way our defense can be worse than last years. Getting Rid of Bob Slowik the worst defensive coordinator of all time ensures that. Even without Cutler, our offense will still be productive as Orton is a capable starting QB in this league even if he doesn't have the potential Cutler had. I can't say I disagree that McDaniels hasn't handled some of the players properly, but to say he's going to be a failure as a HC is premature.

Oh and we still do have a 1st rounder next year.

The Broncos, Chiefs and Chargers all have way more potential than Oakland does. The Broncos will win at least 8 games next year, while the Raiders are the ones that will continue to be the bottom feeders of the AFC west.

Raiders are the ones that'll be lucky to win 4 games next year. But I'd expect nothing less from a team that went 24-72 over the last 6 years.
            Last edited by DenverDex; 05-17-2009, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Worst defense in the league? Yeah they're really really bad, but you forgot about the Lions.
              "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                New England - The obvious #1 choice and probably the SB favourite.
                Jacksonville - Should bounce back and be a contender
                Dallas - post Jimmy Johnson, the Cowboys haven't accomplished much with Jones running the show. Sure they won one post Johnson but it was with his players. As long as Jones is running the show the Cowboys may be in trouble.
                Washington - solid team but in tough in the NFC East
                Chicago - Cutler will make them a serious contender
                Green Bay - Should bounce back if Rodgers continues to improve.
                Houston - In tough division but with even Indy having a question mark, Houston could surprise
                New Orleans - Can Brees win the bigs ones, I just don't know. This year should tell the story.
                Seattle - If Hasselback returns to form, they could challenge but it isn't a sure thing.
                Oakland - I think they are a year away and the HC may be a question mark, but they are going as far as Russell will carry them.

It is actually quite a possibility that at least 8 of them could make the playoffs. The NFL generally has between 6 and 8 new teams make the playoffs every year. If you want to know which ones have a really solid chance, just check out these team's schedules. The NFL is and has been for some time, a scheduled influenced league especially for teams that lack a true franchise QB. A true franchise QB will overcome a tough schedule but if your team doesn't have one, then schedule is usually the deciding factor in who makes the playoffs and the main reason why 6-8 new teams do it practically every year.
                Hasselbeck ;)

Originally posted by Tebowfan85
                too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

Comment

I expect my team to be in the mix. Perhaps it's a little homerism, but playing in the NFC West where a 9-7 record can get you into the playoffs, I feel a little optimistic here. Especially since Shaun Hill was playing like dynamite for the eight games he started. I just hope he can turn that potential into a full time gig. I feel really good about our receiving corp as well. Bruce is still a B+ receiver, Josh Morgan is now healthy and according to reports he is tearing it up in camp more than he was last season, and we have Crabtree as well. Even Jason Hill, our fourth string receiver looks like a young Isaac Bruce type with a little less speed. If we avoid injuries, we should have a great season.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                  -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                  Originally posted by Borat
                  Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

The Texans look good, except Shaub can't stay healthy and they lost Sage and got Orlovsky. Sage was a turnover machine, but he also put up lots of points, where Orlovsky just stinks.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                      Hmmm...I thought the sarcasm was dripping off my post, but next time I'll lather on another coat to be sure.

Comment

Yes because the quality of talent on offense in Denver is the same as Chicago last year. And of course, Denver didn't do anything to change their defense. They retained their defensive coordinator, didn't get rid of any of their bad defensive players, and didn't make any quality additions to the defense like Brian Dawkins, Robert Ayers, and Alphonso Smith. They also don't have champ bailey returning. They also didn't improve the rest of the offense by drafting an excellent all-around RB with blocking skills. They also don't have an amazing offensive line. I hope my sarcasm is detectable

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                        Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                        i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                        Originally posted by Job
                        NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

The NFC East is gonna be hella hard, as usual. The Eagles by far had the best offseason in the league. They upgraded almost everywhere on both sides of the ball and increased the longevity of their biggest worker, Westbrook. McNabb is still money. The loss of Dawkins hurts emotionally, but they still have one of the strongest secondaries, especially at the corners. Plus they looked like their playoff-self towards the end of the season, despite being too late for a playoff run.

The Giants are still heavyweights for the Lombardi. The only concern IMO would be the lack of Burress an how Eli will function without him. They get Osi back and are still stacked up front, even though their secondary could get thin near seasons end.

The Cowboys and Redskins will fight for the 3rd spot with the rest of the NFC. Both teams have added another year to their still unimproved offensive lines. Both teams still have huge threats on both sides of the ball. Romo/Witten/Barber is a fantastic trio and they get Jones back who looked legit in his limited time. Pending Garrett can stay true to the run and Roy Williams gets his **** together the offense shouldn't miss a beat. The defense is still more than solid. They got appropriate LBer help this offseason as well.

The Redskins depend on the development of Campbell this year and need another WR to step up and help out. Whether that be Davis, Thomas, Kelly, Mitchell, anybody, they need another big threat. With another year of installation of Zorn's playbook, hopefully things should improve. Portis is still a horse and can carry the team when needed. Everybody knows that they added Orakpo and Haynesworth to help stack the front line. This should help create more turnover opportunities for Hall, Landry, Horton/Moore, and Rogers. The already 4th ranked defense last year should be even better this year.

So yeah that's my quick rundown on the NFCE. It should be interesting as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                            Yes because the quality of talent on offense in Denver is the same as Chicago last year. And of course, Denver didn't do anything to change their defense. They retained their defensive coordinator, didn't get rid of any of their bad defensive players, and didn't make any quality additions to the defense like Brian Dawkins, Robert Ayers, and Alphonso Smith. They also don't have champ bailey returning. They also didn't improve the rest of the offense by drafting an excellent all-around RB with blocking skills. They also don't have an amazing offensive line. I hope my sarcasm is detectable
                            Dropping names like Robert Ayers, Alphonso Smith and a 36 year old Brian Dawkins will get you everywhere in convincing me that pathetic excuse for a defense will turn around in a single year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                              I expect my team to be in the mix. Perhaps it's a little homerism, but playing in the NFC West where a 9-7 record can get you into the playoffs, I feel a little optimistic here. Especially since Shaun Hill was playing like dynamite for the eight games he started. I just hope he can turn that potential into a full time gig. I feel really good about our receiving corp as well. Bruce is still a B+ receiver, Josh Morgan is now healthy and according to reports he is tearing it up in camp more than he was last season, and we have Crabtree as well. Even Jason Hill, our fourth string receiver looks like a young Isaac Bruce type with a little less speed. If we avoid injuries, we should have a great season.
                              We have a lot of depth on offense actually. RB, TE, FB (Our blocking TE can back up, so can Michael Robinson), WR, OT (Adam Snyder is a good backup), OG (Tony Wragge isn't a shabby backup). Heck, even though our QBs arent world-beaters, both have starting experience. There isnt much of a dropoff from one to the other. Dont know if thats good or bad though :D

Definsively, We have nice depth at DE, ILB, CB, and FS, but were screwed at NT and OLB. If our starters there suffer a injury we are toast. Unfortunately, those are the 2 most important positions in the 3-4..
                              Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 05-17-2009, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Dropping names like Robert Ayers, Alphonso Smith and a 36 year old Brian Dawkins will get you everywhere in convincing me that pathetic excuse for a defense will turn around in a single year.
                                So telling you how the team improved is not enough to convince you how the team improved? Interesting.

Wow...you did a good job refuting everything I said. Actually, all you did was attack the defense again. Sure they were very bad. I honestly don't think they can be worse. They definately won't be in the top half, but I could definately see them improving to around 20th.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                                Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                                i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                                Originally posted by Job
                                NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information