Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petitgout and Bucs

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Didn't see it mentioned yet. Heck of a solid move by the Bucs, I think.

Nice signing for them. They need all the help they can get on the Offensive Line.
    | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

I want to see the money before I comment. Giving guys coming off major injuries large signing bonuses is never a good idea, I don't care how desperate you are.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Good signing....

Cutting him was the only move I have been against this far for Reese.
        Originally posted by Paul
        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
          Good signing....

Cutting him was the only move I have been against this far for Reese.
          Who is the Giants starting LT going to be btw?

The Giants reak oddly of a team looking to rebuild, considering all the players they've shipped out for nothing in return as of late.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

The Giants reak oddly of a team looking to rebuild, considering all the players they've shipped out for nothing in return as of late.
            Diehl will likely move to LT and compete there with Whimper and if Whimper progresses the way the coaching staff talked about, he'll get a shot and Diehl stays inside.

And I am starting to think this may be a rough year for the Giants as well. I am glad though that we are not getting caught in the spending spree, Reese is being very economic with his approach.
            Originally posted by Paul
            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

As of right now, we have David Diehl at LT. He played LG for us last year, had a PB caliber year at LG. He played LT for us on one game, that was the game Tiki rushed for like 180 against the skins. But still, he had alot of trouble in pass protection.

Its a huge gamble, it will either pay off great, or be a huge mistake. With Eli's mechanic issues reemerging when we lost Petitgout, I don't know if this was a good idea. Its no coincidence that once our LT went down, Eli started throwing off his backfoot again.

Guy Whimper might start next year, but I don't think he's ready, nor was I ever a big believer in him. Not exactly a good situation right now.
              Last edited by bigbluedefense; 03-06-2007, 10:39 AM. Reason: wanted to add some stuff

Comment

Is he gonna play guard at tackle? He is probably best suited for RT. He was a little out of position for us.

I'm just glad he didn't go to the Skins. Now the possibility of him biting us in rear twice a year is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  Is he gonna play guard at tackle? He is probably best suited for RT. He was a little out of position for us.

I'm just glad he didn't go to the Skins. Now the possibility of him biting us in rear twice a year is gone.
                  They have Trueblood at RT, so I think theyre gonna use him at LT. He's nto a great LT, but a solid RT, so I think it could potentially bite them in the butt.

Comment

Theres a new GM in place. I think that we are trying to retool a little bit, but stay competitive at the same time.

I think we should be in the playoff hunt next year and win from 8-10 games (although who really knows at this point). We have a fairly easy schedule next season.

I also didnt like releasing Pettigout.

But if Jacobs plays well and our recievers hold up, we could have a good year. The Defense has holes, but I think that a lot of it had to do with Tim lewis being our Defensive Coordinator (especially regarding the secondary)
                    Last edited by GiantRutgersFan; 03-06-2007, 11:51 AM.

Comment

the bucs signing Petitgout would pave the way for CJ to go there, now even Joe Thomas falling to them won't prevent the bucs.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

CJ will be well gone by the time the Bucs pick.

Comment

The way I look at it is, while Petitgout isn't a great LT, he is an upgrade from Anthony Davis. This allows them to potentially slide Davis and his size inside, and perhaps move Joseph to center, and potentially removing OL as a possibility. That allows them to either be more aggressive in addressing their defense, or be more aggressive in moving up for Calviin Johnson, because as it stands now, I'm not sure Johnson is there either (with Detroit looking a strong option). Raiders could actually have trade options now ... or the Buccaneers could look at adding say, Gaines Adams or Amobi Okoye.

Comment

Good signing by the Bucs. Basically takes away any possibility of them drafting Joe Thomas.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't think Joe Thomas would've fell to them anyways. If he's not gone in the top 2 spots, I think Cleveland will jump on him.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information