Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mike Vick stayed for Sr. year. Vick or Palmer no. 1?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If Mike Vick stayed for Sr. year. Vick or Palmer no. 1?

    Both guys were former #1 overall picks in their respective draft classes. The question is, which would go 1st overall if Vick stayed for his senior year.?Carson Palmer had a monster year that year also.

  • #2
    Originally posted by dregolll View Post
    Both guys were former #1 overall picks in their respective draft classes. The question is, which would go 1st overall if Vick stayed for his senior year.?Carson Palmer had a monster year that year also.


    Carson had no flaws as a prospect, he was a QB machine. The only knock was that he hadn't been consistent throughout his entire collegiate career, but the finished product was ready for battle. Vick had knocks on accuracy and whether or not he could make the transition (reasons the SD Chargers had traded down instead of picking him the year before), Carson was the ultimate safe bet.

    Obviously Vick's upside is unparalleled (zomg Elway poll??) but I think ultimately Carson would be the pick.

    Comment


    • #3
      Palmer probably would of went #1. A traditional QB with great size, crazy arm and some very nice measurables. Teams would of seen him as the safer pick.

      Comment


      • #4
        Ughhhhh what if threads = suckage

        what if you never made this thread = me HAPPY!

        and yes im trollling

        and carson palmer > life!
        Last edited by bored of education; 05-18-2009, 01:38 PM.
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bored of education View Post
          Ughhhhh what if threads = suckage

          what if you never made this thread = me HAPPY!

          and yes im trollling

          and carson palmer > life!
          Ughhhhh post = suckage

          What if you never made this post = me HAPPY!
          Originally posted by SunTzu_22
          Just let it go RWO.
          We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

          John Wall
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm getting deja vu...

            XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

            Comment


            • #7
              Depends on which team was picking. If it were still the Bengals, I'd have to guess Palmer, since it's been proven that they already liked him enough to spend the #1 overall on him. Just going on odds there.

              But when you think about how big a star Vick would have become over the course of the ensuing two years....wow. I'd say a team like the Bengals would probably have went for him.

              But, maybe more tape wouldn't necessarily have been a good thing. Who knows how he would have developed.

              If I were forced to put money on it and then go back in a time machine to find out, I'd say Vick. But it would depend on who was picking.

              One thing's for certain: They'd both have been selected before Carr and Harrington in '02.

              Comment


              • #8
                Palmer would have been the safer pick, but Vicks potential was/is unreal. I think that Palmer would be the pick though.He just had so few flaws.


                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

                Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

                Comment


                • #9
                  Obviously it depends on the franchise picking but I think Vick would have been the pick. He had an absolutely incredible upside, he was a one of a kind prospect and offered a unique skillset.

                  Sig by Eaglez.Fan

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It would of been Mike Vick. The dude was a freak of an athlete. Was fast and had moves like a Running Back and had a cannon for an arm.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      But he can't hit the broad side of a barn.

                      Palmer every day of the week.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Vick, jail time, dog fighting, the Bengals.

                        Sounds like a match made in Heaven IMO.

                        Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                          Depends on which team was picking. If it were still the Bengals, I'd have to guess Palmer, since it's been proven that they already liked him enough to spend the #1 overall on him. Just going on odds there.

                          But when you think about how big a star Vick would have become over the course of the ensuing two years....wow. I'd say a team like the Bengals would probably have went for him.

                          But, maybe more tape wouldn't necessarily have been a good thing. Who knows how he would have developed.

                          If I were forced to put money on it and then go back in a time machine to find out, I'd say Vick. But it would depend on who was picking.

                          One thing's for certain: They'd both have been selected before Carr and Harrington in '02.
                          I agree with the bold statement. You just never know what coach or GM would've preferred. Of course it's easy to look at their careers and think Carson all the way, but there just isn't a certainty with the future. Some GM might have preferred Vick's potential over Carson's ability, and they could've pulled that trigger based on that.
                          "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                          ~Nigerian Proverb

                          Da riddum is too much for you.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm going to have to go against the grain on this one. I think Vick's potential was the greatest we've ever seen out of a QB. I think Vick's potential would tempt GMs past picking Palmer. All this being said, I liked Palmer better as a prospect. Vick had immense potential, but Palmer was nearly everything you'd ever want out of a QB prospect.

                            BoneKrusher

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Quick reminder: Vince Young was drafted ahead of Matt Leinart. I think that answers this question.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information