Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Johnson Takes an Indefinite Leave Of Absense

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4175216

This is sad news for the NFL. Hopefully he can get healthy and get back to what he does best: draw up ways to sack the quarterback.

He's one of my favorite defensive minds in league history. I love his scheme, and his modifications to the 46 defense. They really should allow coordinators to get into the HOF.

While I don't know the qualifications of his replacement, I don't think its debatable that the Eagles lose a lot if they don't have Jim Johnson calling the defense this year.

I agree with you on his mind man. I certainly hope that he gets through this thing.
    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

That's too bad, hopefully he gets through it. He has engineered some great defenses in Philly.

Comment

it sucks. i love McDermott. I wonder when he will get a DC position.
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

i really love Jim Johnson :/

so 1 offseason and the NFL loses 2 of the 3 Defensive Gurus? thats sad

Comment

Ive always loved the 46 defense. The 2 gap 3-4 and the 46 have always been my favorite schemes.

I love LeBeau's ZB as well.

Jim Johnson, Dick LeBeau, and Monte Kiffin are all pioneers of defense. We lost Kiffin to Tennessee, I really hope we can watch Johnson and LeBeau do their thing for many more years before they call it a career.

Comment

To be truthful,the Cowboys fan in me is happy that he might be out. The football fan in me is sad. What a fantastic mind. He's changed the way defense is played. Best wishes to him and I hope he gets healthy soon.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Ive always loved the 46 defense. The 2 gap 3-4 and the 46 have always been my favorite schemes.

I love LeBeau's ZB as well.

Jim Johnson, Dick LeBeau, and Monte Kiffin are all pioneers of defense. We lost Kiffin to Tennessee, I really hope we can watch Johnson and LeBeau do their thing for many more years before they call it a career.
                Wasn't it Don Capers who first started that 3-4 ZB scheme run in Pitts? I thought it was him.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                  Wasn't it Don Capers who first started that 3-4 ZB scheme run in Pitts? I thought it was him.
                  LeBeau is the guy who is credited for inventing the zone blitz. He didn't create it in Pittsburgh, I believe he first did it with the Bengals, and then him and Capers fine tuned it in Pitt in the 90s.

I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4175216

This is sad news for the NFL. Hopefully he can get healthy and get back to what he does best: draw up ways to sack the quarterback.

He's one of my favorite defensive minds in league history. I love his scheme, and his modifications to the 46 defense. They really should allow coordinators to get into the HOF.

While I don't know the qualifications of his replacement, I don't think its debatable that the Eagles lose a lot if they don't have Jim Johnson calling the defense this year.
                    Sean McDerrmott will be replacing him during his leave of absence and he will replace him when he retires. Sean has worked under JJ for nearly a decade and is a huge part of the great secondary the Eagles always seem to have.

Get well soon Jim Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                      Sean McDerrmott will be replacing him during his leave of absence and he will replace him when he retires. Sean has worked under JJ for nearly a decade and is a huge part of the great secondary the Eagles always seem to have.

Get well soon Jim Johnson.
                      I'm confident that the Eagles defense will still be beastly, and Im sure a Johnson's replacement has been groomed for quite some time now, but its still hard replacing a legend like that.

I'm surprised Spags didn't try to nab him out of Philly. I know Spags tried getting Guinta from the Giants to be his DC. Part of me thinks maybe we shouldve hired Guinta instead of Sheridan.

Comment

Yeah I hope he gets through it and gets back to coaching. Love watching his defenses at work.

Comment

The Dawkins effect.

Just kidding, this sucks. Comeo n back soon JJ.

Comment

He just designed a safety blitz to kill his cancer. He'll be back in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                              He just designed a safety blitz to kill his cancer. He'll be back in no time.

Not high art but it's got emotion behind it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information